Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

08 Lancer VS. 06 RA

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2007 | 09:12 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by lancerman360
are you sure about that?
Since mentions it frequently in their Lancer info, YES, we're sure.

Originally Posted by MITVRX
What do you mean about the "RA Attitude"?
He's saying RA owners act like the 08 cars are crap. Kinda like how Evo owners have treated 4G94 owners for years...

Last edited by Blacksheepdj; May 30, 2007 at 09:15 PM.
Old May 30, 2007 | 10:36 PM
Evolved Member

Oh I see.

Nah, I don't think its crap at all. I just wish they produced more power out of the GTS! I think its a bit heavy as well for the same power.

I can see why Mitsubishi have gone and put the same power throughout all three platforms, but with this whole new look, revolution, engine, they should've bumped the power a bit more for the GTS over the DE and ES.

Surely you would agree!
Old May 30, 2007 | 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

The GTS looks nice....
Old May 30, 2007 | 10:56 PM
Evolved Member

Pfftt, we all know 02-03 lancers are way better. :P
Old May 31, 2007 | 12:20 AM
Evolving Member

The 08 Lancer has more potential... DOHC will allow for better tunning. Plus, u can look forward to future EVO parts... so I'd go with an 08 GTS over a RA any day.
Old May 31, 2007 | 12:41 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah thats true. DOHC, will be good plus tuning and other basic bolt-ons.

But then again, wait until the new 08 RA comes out.
Old May 31, 2007 | 12:42 AM
Evolved Member

You know, I honestly really like the GTS, I just wish it had more power, thats all
Old May 31, 2007 | 06:30 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by MITVRX
You know, I honestly really like the GTS, I just wish it had more power, thats all
You know they lied about the HP, right? You keep *****ing about the low HP, but it made a serious jump from the 120 of the 4G94.

02 4G94 - rated at 120chp, put down 103whp
08 4B11 - rated at 152chp, put down 142whp

Now, since we know that drivetrain loss is a natural occurrence, we can do some basic math.
The WHP on the 4G94 represented a 15% loss of HP through the drivetrain. This is completely normal and is generally seen across FWD platforms.
The WHP on the 4B11 represents a 7% loss of HP through the drivetrain. This is incredibly hard to believe.
If we continue this thinking, we can work backwards from the 4B11 dyno number. If so, then we determine that the 4B11 motor gets roughly 167chp.

Not too bad for an entry-level econobox, eh?
Old May 31, 2007 | 06:57 AM
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by show time
The frame on the 08 is 50% stiffer then the EVO IX with MacPherson struts and RRM'S ES was .02 seconds slower then a STI at the Gymkhana road course. So there is now doubt in my mind that the 08 would blow the RA off the course.
Sorry, but its time to lay down the pipe. Put the same level driver in both cars, and an STI will kill an 08 ES dead. Really dead.
Old May 31, 2007 | 07:01 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Noize
Sorry, but its time to lay down the pipe. Put the same level driver in both cars, and an STI will kill an 08 ES dead. Really dead.
Read next time.

Originally Posted by ROCK
Guess what our DE was only .2 sec slower that the STI!. That was with the same driver. What do you got to say about that huh?
(quote taken from thread in Engine forum; only used the pertinent details)
Old May 31, 2007 | 07:29 AM

They aren't lying about the numbers, the way they rate hp (All manufacturers) SAE standards have changed.

For comparison the 06 wrx made I think 230 hp, now its rated at 208hp, the only thing that changed is the federal guidelines/correction factor. Hope that clears things up.
Old May 31, 2007 | 08:11 AM
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj
Read next time.

(quote taken from thread in Engine forum; only used the pertinent details)

What you're talking about isn't even in this thread! Am I supposed to be clairvoyant and know the content of all threads I haven't seen?

My mistake. Obviously the RRM car was more modified than I knew about. But in the context of _this thread_ saying the 08 "would blow a RA off the course" is kind of silly. In one sentence he's comparing Rock's car to some STI/STi and in the next one, he says that 08s will blow RAs away on track. Are we still talking about Rock's turbo car? Or a fair comparison of mod to mod 08 vs. RA? Its kind of misleading. Of course the 08 chassis is better, but the weight difference is a factor too. IMO, it would be a really close race on track stock to stock.

Last edited by Noize; May 31, 2007 at 08:15 AM.
Old May 31, 2007 | 09:04 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

What you're talking about isn't even in this thread! Am I supposed to be clairvoyant and know the content of all threads I haven't seen?

My mistake. Obviously the RRM car was more modified than I knew about. But in the context of _this thread_ saying the 08 "would blow a RA off the course" is kind of silly. In one sentence he's comparing Rock's car to some STI/STi and in the next one, he says that 08s will blow RAs away on track. Are we still talking about Rock's turbo car? Or a fair comparison of mod to mod 08 vs. RA? Its kind of misleading. Of course the 08 chassis is better, but the weight difference is a factor too. IMO, it would be a really close race on track stock to stock.
If you're going to talk smack about how an STI would " kill an 08 ES dead. Really dead.", then yeah, I kinda do expect you to know what you're talking about.

As for the bench racing you discuss, I really don't want to get into the debate. That's why I closed this thread to begin with. It's just a random "what if" thread and we don't know any of the details you just asked.

Last edited by Blacksheepdj; May 31, 2007 at 09:06 AM.
Old May 31, 2007 | 09:38 AM

so then if the 08 is making 142 hp at the wheels and the RA is making 132 at the wheels (looked back in some RA threads then the only thing holding the 08 back is the weight different of.... 200 pounds is it?
Old May 31, 2007 | 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

Well you stuck your foot in your mouth again the RRM car had an intake,springs and exhuast THATS IT no turbo and only went .02 seconds slower then an STI. And since the WHP of the 08 gts is 143 and the 06 RA is 134 and the GTS has DOHC and the stiffer frame and better suspension and the MIVEC works on the intake and exhuast side. Then yes I would say stock or same moded GTS would blow the RA OFF THE TRACK. Dont get me wrong I loved my RA but in driving both I will say the GTS is a better car.

Quick Reply: 08 Lancer VS. 06 RA