Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

08 Lancer VS. 06 RA

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2007 | 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

I know this is a little off topic...
Reading this really makes me curious about the 08 Lancers. I have an STI and I have don't believe its possible to keep up. I guess I'll need to test drive one to know what the potential is.

BTW - I think the RA sucks compared to the 08, just based on looks and potential.
Old May 31, 2007 | 03:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AK805
That is why you put in a Short Ram Intake, and a new back exhaust, all from http://roadracemotorsports.com/ ... learn how to clutch well, what rpm to take off on, and smoke em. If they keep sayin its a lesser vehicle, then they shud have no problem taking it on in a race... legal.. that is.
You mean these

RRM
Old May 31, 2007 | 03:15 PM
EvoM Administrator

I really think the two cars are very well matched. Despite the whopping 5 hp difference, they both put around the same numbers down on a dyno. RA has the weight advantage, but really not by much. I'm curious about the gearing on the 08's. The Ralliarts have pretty aggressive gear ratios, but the 08's could be the same. Suspension-wise, the cars are pretty close to each other. I think the 08's have a better rear sway bar stock, but all the other hardware is pretty much the same. Damnit show time you should've run your car down the 1/4 at WW and we wouldn't be having this argument.

If you're going based on potential and looks, the 08 easily wins. The Ralliart had potential, but very few aftermarket companies stepped up so nobody really got very far with the car. Very few 300+hp Ralliarts, and only 1 I know of broke 500hp. The 08's will have a much stronger aftermarket, will hopefully be able to swap in Evo parts, and are easily a much nicer car.

Last edited by otter; May 31, 2007 at 03:18 PM.
Old May 31, 2007 | 03:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoG8r
I know this is a little off topic...
Reading this really makes me curious about the 08 Lancers. I have an STI and I have don't believe its possible to keep up. I guess I'll need to test drive one to know what the potential is.

BTW - I think the RA sucks compared to the 08, just based on looks and potential.
The Gymkhana event went Great!!

We ran our RRM Turbo RA. It set the fastest FWD time of the day! It ran great and truely surprised everybody. IT beat numerous AWDs and RWDers.

Our 2008 was the fastest FWD in the limited class. That was our goal.

Daijiro Yoshihara ROCKSTAR drift driver drove the RRM DE as did SUPER STREET's John Naderi. Both were really impressed. Mitsubishi had a stock GTS to drive against our DE. Our DE blew it away with minor mods. Daijiro talked on TV about it and gave it great praise. It was a a real bonus. SS had an STI and the RRM DE. Guess what our DE was only .2 sec slower that the STI!. That was with the same driver. What do you got to say about that huh? Pics tomorrow. We never Gymkhanaed but I think all of our racing experience paid off and we were a force to be feared in the future for Gymkhana!

ROAD/RACE
Old May 31, 2007 | 03:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by otter
I really think the two cars are very well matched. Despite the whopping 5 hp difference, they both put around the same numbers down on a dyno. RA has the weight advantage, but really not by much. I'm curious about the gearing on the 08's. The Ralliarts have pretty aggressive gear ratios, but the 08's could be the same. Suspension-wise, the cars are pretty close to each other. I think the 08's have a better rear sway bar stock, but all the other hardware is pretty much the same. Damnit show time you should've run your car down the 1/4 at WW and we wouldn't be having this argument.

If you're going based on potential and looks, the 08 easily wins. The Ralliart had potential, but very few aftermarket companies stepped up so nobody really got very far with the car. Very few 300+hp Ralliarts, and only 1 I know of broke 500hp. The 08's will have a much stronger aftermarket, will hopefully be able to swap in Evo parts, and are easily a much nicer car.
HAHA OTTER its killing you isnt it not to mention I would hate to make you look bad in front of eclipse2lancer
Old May 31, 2007 | 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

08 Lancer is yet to be released on a Castrol Commercial. I know the 06 has

mmkaythxbai!
Old May 31, 2007 | 07:29 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Are we done measuring dicks now, boys?
Old May 31, 2007 | 07:35 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

alright stock vs stock the gts could win , but the thing is you guys with the gts are not going to be rollin up on to many stock ra's....and hp isn't everything the car's gearing ,tires,etc. can change the world....I have seen a 300 hp civic beat a 400 hp civic .....tuning is very important .....
Old May 31, 2007 | 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah I guess so
Old May 31, 2007 | 09:41 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by otter

If you're going based on potential and looks, the 08 easily wins. The Ralliart had potential, but very few aftermarket companies stepped up so nobody really got very far with the car. Very few 300+hp Ralliarts, land ony 1 I know of broke 500hp. The 08's will have a much stronger aftermarket, will hopefully be able to swap in Evo parts, and are easily a much nicer car.
Really? Who did that? Any links?
Old May 31, 2007 | 11:21 PM
Evolved Member

^ Yeah someone has done that, I believe it was a yellow RA featured on a magazine.

It's floating around somewhere.
Old Jun 1, 2007 | 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj
Are we done measuring dicks now, boys?
Old Jun 1, 2007 | 07:07 AM
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by show time
Well you stuck your foot in your mouth again the RRM car had an intake,springs and exhuast THATS IT no turbo and only went .02 seconds slower then an STI. And since the WHP of the 08 gts is 143 and the 06 RA is 134 and the GTS has DOHC and the stiffer frame and better suspension and the MIVEC works on the intake and exhuast side. Then yes I would say stock or same moded GTS would blow the RA OFF THE TRACK. Dont get me wrong I loved my RA but in driving both I will say the GTS is a better car.
I thought Rock's RA was turbo?
My whole point was their turbo RA was the fastest FWD of the day, including faster than the 08.

I've followed the turbo RA, but have just now started reading about the 08s. My whole points were these:

1) I feel like a stock 2007 STI will be substantially faster around a racetrack than a stock 2008 Lancer GTS. (Duh, I think we all agree there). Start modding cars, and its anybody's game.

2) The Ralliart hasn't in the past and still doesn't get the love it deserves. The Road Race RA was the fastest FWD of the day in that link. I really liked the RA and thought it was a great little package for the money. Locally, it is subjected to a lot of hate, which sucks.

Sorry. The fault is mine for not typing clearly.
Old Jun 1, 2007 | 07:13 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Noize:

1) The thing a lot of us are saying is that you're probably right. But it's good to see a lightly modded Lancer run so close to the STI. It gives us hope.

2) That the RRM RA was fastest of the day is great, but it's also boosted, so it probably doesn't apply in this particular conversation.
Old Jun 1, 2007 | 02:30 PM
Evolving Member

So I am not against any Lancer I love them all from 02-08 to all of the EVO's. They are some of the best looking cars on the road and most of the fastest to No beef we are all in the same lineup of cars and everybody has the wright to there opinion.

Quick Reply: 08 Lancer VS. 06 RA