Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

03 evo to 08 lancer gts

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2007, 05:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 evo to 08 lancer gts

So its been over one week with the new car. First off its a 08 tarmac black gts, automatic, because with lack of power i didnt want to get manual, fully loaded with sun and sound package and the navi tech package. It was tough for me to trade in my evo but i knew i had to do it, the evo costs alot for upkeep and i was trying to move on with other things so knew i had to get rid of the car and i chose to go with the lancer. So i lowered my monthly payments and my insurance and now i dont have to spend as much money on the upkeep of the car. The navigation is excellent, although i still dont know how to hook up my ipod and download all my songs into it, so if someone knows that please let me know. The ride in the car is smoother than the evo, I enjoy the suspension it is decent. Handling is pretty good. I just wish it had a little more power as im sure everyone does. But other than the engine I think the lancer is an amazing car, i love the look and dont miss my evo other than the fact i cant downshift and take off like i was used to. So overall:

Evo Vs. Lancer gts

Looks: Lancer
Interior: Lancer
Engine: Evo
Handling and Suspension: Evo, although the ride is smoother in the Lancer
AWD>FWD

but hey for just over 22k, the lancer is a great car and i havent had any issues with it

oh and as turbo dizzle says Fuel: Lancer, which was also in my decision just forgot to put it in...

Last edited by 05blustiPA; May 31, 2007 at 07:36 AM.
Old May 31, 2007, 05:44 AM

Congratulations I live in Toronto now and I sold my Evo 6 back home. My reviews and thoughts are the basically the same except I should add one more.
Fuel: Lancer
Old May 31, 2007, 06:23 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Moving to Lancer General, since this is more of a discussion for everyone (and it's in the Engine forum right now).
Old Jun 3, 2007, 02:33 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey, I would definately say the trade is worth it. I just traded in my '03 EVO for a GTS and I am extremely impressed with the quality of these cars. I wish I could've afforded the Navigation package but I still feel it was definately worth it. I was actually torn between the Mazda 3 because it had leather + heated seats. Tough decision.
Old Jun 3, 2007, 03:03 PM
Evolving Member

How much did you get for your trade in?
Old Jun 3, 2007, 06:34 PM

they gave me 18500 for my trade but i owed 19k but i was fine with that, so it worked out just how i wanted it to it was an 03 evo with 42000 mi on the clock, and it was almost time for new tires and brakes, so i just wanted to get rid of it before i had to dump more money into it
Old Jun 3, 2007, 07:42 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

The local dealership I went to gave me what I needed to pay off the car . I had been talking to the salesman there for a while when I had the car in for oil changes, etc. so he was really great helping me with this transaction. I didn't get any extra for the car but I'm glad that I have a warranty on my vehicle now and don't have to worry about high maintanence.
Old Jun 3, 2007, 10:39 PM

Greetings to '08 Lancer owner

Helo guys.just want to ask your driving experience so far.How was it?
Old Jun 6, 2007, 10:22 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Driving experience so far is great! The ride is smooth and quiet, not to mention the seats are really comfortable. There is always that noticable difference in speed compared to the EVO but I'd say with all of the benefits it equals out.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 01:28 PM
Evolving Member

I'm looking at doing basically the same thing, although mine is a IX. My car's for sale, but not much intrest so far. The dealer has offered me $24.5K ($1K over what I owe), I qualify for all 3 rebates, and they said they would sell me the car for invoice.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 02:29 PM
Evolving Member

BTW you can't rip music from your iPod to the music server. You have to do it via CDs.

One theory that I think thus far has been untested is burning a crapton of MP3s to a DVD and seeing if it'll rip that way.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

Glad to see you guys that moved from EVO to 08 lancer arent upset with your decision. I love mine but i have had an 02 OZ, 04 RA, and now my 08 GTS so I am really dam happy. And dont think that RRM isnt working on making this car fast. I have the intake, exhaust, and G.R.I.P. springs and it's a lot faster then it was stock and more mods are coming out weekly SO welcome to the Lancer side of things guys
Old Jun 13, 2007, 09:21 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by ewoevo
I'm looking at doing basically the same thing, although mine is a IX. My car's for sale, but not much intrest so far. The dealer has offered me $24.5K ($1K over what I owe), I qualify for all 3 rebates, and they said they would sell me the car for invoice.
Considering I could only get my dealer to give just what I owed for my car, I'd say you're in a good spot there. However, if I had a chance to get my hands on a IX I'd do it in a heart beat, the only thing stopping me is insurance costs on a newer EVO. In fact, I called Esurance to get a quote for the GTS and they told me their underwriters were comparing the GTS to the '06 EVO. I couldn't say anything but "You're retarded" and hung up the phone.

Originally Posted by show time
Glad to see you guys that moved from EVO to 08 lancer arent upset with your decision. I love mine but i have had an 02 OZ, 04 RA, and now my 08 GTS so I am really dam happy. And dont think that RRM isnt working on making this car fast. I have the intake, exhaust, and G.R.I.P. springs and it's a lot faster then it was stock and more mods are coming out weekly SO welcome to the Lancer side of things guys
I definately don't regret the move.....that much...heh. I miss the turbo and the AWD but this car is so smooth and quiet! It really does handle well too, I was really surprised the few times I've gotten on her a bit since I traded. I really missed my RA when she decided she was gonna go 1-on-1 with a tree and didn't come home, great car. So, this will be my 3rd Lancer and so far I AM NOT complaining.