Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

don't have a short shifter? read

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2007, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by austenm
Well aparently lancershop doesnt ship to canada ups world wide shipping is 66$ just for the short shifter does that seem high?
I ship to canada all the time and for a 20lb box it only cost me around 10-12$ for regular ground.....
Old Jul 20, 2007, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Just got mine installed and it feels great. Prob not worth 100+ bucks but for the price I'm very happy . I haven't installed the busching yet though because I had no metric wrenches or sockets. I don't mind cause I wanna see how much each part helps individually. Having no metric tools or alan wrenches made the install a bit trickier though lol (not at home so don't have many tools to choose from). Also, that spring was a biotch

I've got a question. The shift knob is basically a metal ball, nothing fancy but kinda stylish in its own. Problem is, it has a couple of small burs in it. Would the best way to get them out be to take some sand paper to it and then maybe finish it with some Mother's polish?

edit: also, was it hard to change the bushing on the drivers side closest to the front of the car? It has a transmission bar thingy (i'm no mechanic) over top of it. I didn't look too closely at it but it seemed like it may be difficult to reach.

Last edited by WangMan; Jul 20, 2007 at 07:39 PM.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have the authority ss with the poly urethane bushings and im happy with it. the difference isnt a lot from stock but i still like it.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WangMan

I've got a question. The shift knob is basically a metal ball, nothing fancy but kinda stylish in its own. Problem is, it has a couple of small burs in it. Would the best way to get them out be to take some sand paper to it and then maybe finish it with some Mother's polish?

edit: also, was it hard to change the bushing on the drivers side closest to the front of the car? It has a transmission bar thingy (i'm no mechanic) over top of it. I didn't look too closely at it but it seemed like it may be difficult to reach.

I have a couple burs on mine too after dropping it several times, lol.

Wasn't hard to change any of them. For me, it was super easy because with the shifter out, I could easily move the cable out of the way. Not sure the slack it'll give with the shifter in, but just try moving it side to side. I used a deep pocket ratchet to take those babys right out.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

jesus f*cking christ. i got in my car today, and the knob literally felt like it was on fire. time to search for a new one.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

dude I definitely did the exact same thing. My car was burning up when I got in and I looked at the shift knob and I was like damn, this aint gonna be good. And sure enough, you can't touch the thing for more than a second without getting burned. I'll see if I can handle it, cause I like the weight and feel of the knob, but I may have to invest in another as well.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

yeah i like the knob too......i'm just OCD about the 2 or 3 burs on it. my fingers seem to always find themselves rubbing on them between shifts, and it irritates me like forks scratching a glass plate.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

well kati hooked me up and mine is on my way the shipping was 12 dollars the people on the phone lines are wacked but it all got dealt with . So people are having problems with the shift knobs heating up?
Old Jul 21, 2007, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

it's just a metal ball, so obviously it's going to absorb heat. i have my eye on a certain shift knob to replace it with, but until then i'd love to stick it out with this thing.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

oh yeah, did u get any bushings with your order? 1 or 2 sets?
Old Jul 22, 2007, 12:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Pish - you guys are pansies

Just shift by grabbing the shaft instead
Old Jul 22, 2007, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sgand
yeah i like the knob too......i'm just OCD about the 2 or 3 burs on it. my fingers seem to always find themselves rubbing on them between shifts, and it irritates me like forks scratching a glass plate.
Yea the burs are getting to me too but I think I'll be able to take a file or some sandpaper and remove them, I'll let you know what works so you can try it as well. Also, are you using anything to hold your leather boot up to the knob? Mine's kinda loose and wants to fall down so I think I'm gonna put a rubber washer under it to try and hold it up
Old Jul 22, 2007, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

I only got one set of the poly buschings . should I have got two ? does any body have metal ones not installed yet Could you post a close up pic ? I might make some, at work I operate a water cutter I am always looking for things to make.
Old Jul 22, 2007, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Well there are 2 in the engine bay attached to the shifter cables that can get replaced, that's what I meant by the 2nd (different) kit.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

I didn't order the second kit, really don't think its as necessary. I only got the shifter bushings, waiting install.

I filed the burs off the knob and it was a sinch, they broke right off. I then took some Mother's Metal Polish (this stuff is amazing!) and it turned the knob into a mirror it looks pretty stylish

I also used this Mother's stuff on my muffler, which was really dull and getting a lot of rust on it, and it cleaned it up like new. I can't believe this stuff, its amazing Next stop, my header

Quick Reply: don't have a short shifter? read