Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

don't have a short shifter? read

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2007, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^Oh yea, I didn't really think of the intake being in the way. I've got a CAI so I luckily had nothing in my way.

Originally Posted by JohnnyBoy427
most people that i have heard talking about it didnt. i didnt and so far its been fine. im sure it would have made it go by a lot smoother.

i was wondering how tight the base bushings were supposed to be. I got them down pretty tight but what worries me is that they kinda bow in the middle like they are squished. should i loosen them or are they good?
Um I snugged them up but I didn't get them too tight. Whenever you're working with plastic you gotta be careful not to tighten anything to much. you prob don't want anything to bow... just my opinion though
Old Aug 11, 2007, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WangMan
^Oh yea, I didn't really think of the intake being in the way. I've got a CAI so I luckily had nothing in my way.

Um I snugged them up but I didn't get them too tight. Whenever you're working with plastic you gotta be careful not to tighten anything to much. you prob don't want anything to bow... just my opinion though
Yeah, I might go in and loosen them up a bit. I was thinking they were made of polyurethane? If so then that shouldn't harm them.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

Oh i thought we were talking about the white plastic housing or whatever for the shifter. You're right, I don't imagine you'd harm those bushings by tightening it too much. Still, I would loosen them a bit personally