Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

I had a pretty good day - DC Exhaust review and vids

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2007, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a pretty good day - DC Exhaust review and vids

hey guys. well, it's been awhile since i've done anything/taken any pride in my car. i was starting to lose hope for it, then i had a really good day with it today. took the car into school today and threw it on the dyno for 1 run since i am in the power and performance class right now. [if you guys want info on that statement, PM me] i was thinking that i would MAYBE hit 90 whp with my OBX headers, injen cone filter (on stock intake tubing), and DC single canister cat back with stock cat. since there were a grip of students running, i ran over to the grocery store across the street with a classmate and bought some ice. when it was my turn, i put the ice on top of the stock intake tube and layed some by the filter and under the filter, right before we started to run and i got a WHOPPING 109whp and 118wtq . this was on a dynojet. needless to say, from what i was expecting to what was actually attained, i was very VERY pleased. sorry no dyno sheet/pictures. legal reasons for the pictures, although my teacher said he might let us do it next week, and i didnt ask for a printout ahead of time because i didnt think i was going to get anything near that.

next, since i didnt just want this to be a rant, i went out and took some video clips of my exhaust since i know not many people have it on EvoM. these videos were taken right after i got out of school.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REXZ8y3jWVg < this one is closer and sounds a little funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ORnJ9qI9q4 < this one is from further away, and sounds a little cleaner.

sound with stock cat is actually alot better than it was in the video, my teacher actually said i have a somewhat respectable ricer exhaust (i took it as a compliment coming from a hardcore detroit muscle dude)

fitment was okay, rattles because of the funky hangers on there now, and it burnt my lip but its alright now after i adjusted the hangers as much as possible.

any criticism is welcome. hate, love, whatever. i just thought i'd share that i had a good day. thanks guys.
Old Aug 17, 2007, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

nice flip flops

who is the chick doing the mosquito dance?
Old Aug 17, 2007, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

haha thanks! $1.99 at old navy, and they are the softest slippers i've ever had!

oh, thats my girlfriends little sister. not worth it man, 13 years old!
Old Aug 18, 2007, 06:26 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats.

One thing to note - if you were expecting 90, then you were thinking of a Mustang dyno. Your numbers make perfect sense on a DynoJet.

Back in 2001, Buschur Racing dynoed a stock Lancer at 103.6 hp and 116.6 lb-ft of torque on their DynoJet. Then after doing an intake and full catless exhaust, they made 111.9 hp and 121.6 lb-ft. So the fact that you left the stock cat on means your numbers are right where they should be.

http://www.importtuner.com/powerpage...ubishi_lancer/

Last edited by Blacksheepdj; Aug 18, 2007 at 06:29 AM.
Old Aug 18, 2007, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Oh okay, thanks Sheep. I think I remember Amby saying he didn't break 100 with a bunch more mods or something, so I was thinking I wouldn't break 90 not knowing what type of dyno he used.

Thanks again for pointing that out to me.
Old Aug 18, 2007, 05:56 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like how your exhaust sounds.
Old Aug 18, 2007, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
I didn't break 90 but that was on a dynamometer.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kurt
I like how your exhaust sounds.
Thank you very much. Surprisingly I've been getting alot of compliments on the sound of it recently. Teachers and classmates have been saying it is somewhat decent for a "ricer" exhaust. Lots of truckers and muscle guys at my school

Originally Posted by ambystom01
I didn't break 90 but that was on a dynamometer.
Yeah, I wasn't sure what type of dyno you used, I just remembered you being VERY disappointed. I also remember seeing low numbers, so I was getting pretty depressed, up until last week

Thanks for the input guys!!
Old Aug 21, 2007, 11:15 AM
sly
Evolved Member

sounds good again what exhaust is that ?
Old Aug 21, 2007, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ did you read the title?