Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

HKS vs. HKS Kansai service?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2002, 01:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HKS vs. HKS Kansai service?

What is the difference between HKS and HKS Kansai service?

The parts are different and the HKS Kansai service seems to specialize in the later model EVOs.

Erik
Old Apr 22, 2002, 02:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As far as I understand it, HKS is the main company while HKS Kansai is the local shop/office located in Kansai. The Kansai office is specialized in EVOs and developed their own line of products. There also HKS Tokyo and some other branches...
Old Apr 22, 2002, 08:05 AM
Evolving Member

Very true, Lan Evo. I've contacted them in the past regarding some parts I was interested in. Quality stuff, highly reccomended. Best products they make, or at least products that interested me at the time was their turbo upgrade kits (AWESOME!) , the LSD conversions (nope, not acid) , roll cages, and I heard their suspension stuff is pretty good. They can be expensive, yet competitive when comparing it with cusco's LSD conversion.

The only thing that was strange to me is that they sold their bottom end products (pistons, conrods, big end bolts, etc.) separetely rather than as a stroker kit like JUN or BOZZ Speed (Actually, I think BOZZ is a subsidiary, or not) . Has this changed? Anybody got their block done with Kansai stuff? Any reccomendations?

Although, I'll probably go for the JUN kit anyway...

regards,
LEE

Old Apr 22, 2002, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

someone I know just got a whole HKS tuned 4G63 engine. Apparently, the thing is balanced, stroked, different pistons, etc. and is supposed to put out 600hp+ (on 100 Ron fuel though). Haven't seen it yet, hope to drive it when its installed.
Old Apr 22, 2002, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by jigga
(Actually, I think BOZZ is a subsidiary, or not) . Has this changed?
As far I read, Bozz Speed should be a separate company. They started their business in mid 90's. The owner/founder was a Auto Journalist before starting Bozz. At the early stage of the shop, they don't have their own full product line. Rather, they mix and match different company's products create "maximium" result. From the get go, they focus primarily on Turbo AWD car like GTO, EVO and Imprezas....

They made their name heard with numerous project like the 600-hp EVO VI, 450-480 hp GC8 Imprezas. Now they have their own product line.