Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

2009 Lancer GTS DVD Features - Don't Be Fooled!!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2008, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Lancer GTS DVD Features - Don't Be Fooled!!!!

Ok. I researched Mitsubishi motors online to find out more information about the 2009 Lancer GTS and found a video link on the following page:

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/j...x.do?loc=en-us

If you click over the text "Nominated 2007 Tech Car of the Year" the video will automatically play.

Now, the reviewer explained that the you can watch dvds while the car is in drive and commented 'i guess the traffic police hasn't caught up to Mitsubishi yet'

Well, I purchased one recently and yes, the "traffic police" must have caught up with Mitsubishi because the dvd plays only when in park. Now, I don't plan to watch dvds while I'm driving but a lot of people like to play movies for their passengers, so this "so called claim that it can play dvds while in drive" may attract additional buyers. This is deceptive. Now, Mitsubishi can claim that they had nothing to do with the video. However, they the link on their website - so they're willing to use it (however untrue) to promote their new 09' Lancer GTS. Don't be fooled about the dvd feature as it is explained on the video. YOU CAN NOT PLAY DVDs WHILE DRIVING!

Nevertheless, the new 2009 Lancer GTS is a very enjoyable ride - comfortable, quiet, and fast. In addition, it's navigation system and RF sound package is decent.
Old May 26, 2008, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

yeah i saw that video too.
Old May 26, 2008, 09:58 PM
Evolving Member

I tried Black Hawk Down in my navi and it plays while in D but only while the brakes are applied... As soon as I let off the brakes the DVD goes to Audio only.
Old May 26, 2008, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Nathan0490
I tried Black Hawk Down in my navi and it plays while in D but only while the brakes are applied... As soon as I let off the brakes the DVD goes to Audio only.
Yeah, annoying isn't? I had the same experience with tokyo drift; my friend was all into the movie when I first fired up the ride and then when I took off she was like "WTF?" I stopped at a traffic light and it came back on. Go figure. There must be a line that can be bypassed (one between the radio and the braking system and gear-in-park indicator).
Old May 26, 2008, 10:32 PM

I actually saw that video in Cnet, but I knew it sounded fishy so I searched the forums instead of taking his word for it.

I think the guy just got mistaken. I can also play DVDs while in D if I'm breaking, so he probably did that and assumed it worked. No idea why Mitsu would put it up though, they should at least edit that part out.
Old May 27, 2008, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

Agreed that the video makes Mitsu look like they are in the wrong. When in fact they really aren't since they have some sort of link with the braking and the video playback.
Old May 27, 2008, 05:19 PM
Evolving Member

yea, the 08 lancers don't do that either.

I believe it is tied into the gps system, so overiding it is really hard.

I dunno if u guys knew this, but I found out with the navi and burning cd's that the whole system is 30 gigs, so the navi stuff and other stuff takes up mad space leaving only around 6-8 gigs just for burning cd's
Old May 27, 2008, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by chetman7
yea, the 08 lancers don't do that either.

I believe it is tied into the gps system, so overiding it is really hard.

I dunno if u guys knew this, but I found out with the navi and burning cd's that the whole system is 30 gigs, so the navi stuff and other stuff takes up mad space leaving only around 6-8 gigs just for burning cd's
No way, are you serious? Only 6-8 gigs left? Wow!
Old May 27, 2008, 10:26 PM
Evolving Member

Thats horrible, another thing they leave out. Between this and the paint issues mitsu could have a couple dandy class actions against them

being a car noob I asked the service manager at my dealership about the paint swirling visible on the hood, and other parts of the car and he told me its just the way Mitsubishi makes the paint and that even wax wouldn't make it go away. Then I talked to my friend who also has a 09 GTS Octane Blue and he said thats BS so thats weird.

Last edited by Nathan0490; May 27, 2008 at 10:30 PM.
Old May 28, 2008, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by Nathan0490
Thats horrible, another thing they leave out. Between this and the paint issues mitsu could have a couple dandy class actions against them

being a car noob I asked the service manager at my dealership about the paint swirling visible on the hood, and other parts of the car and he told me its just the way Mitsubishi makes the paint and that even wax wouldn't make it go away. Then I talked to my friend who also has a 09 GTS Octane Blue and he said thats BS so thats weird.
Paint issues too?
Old May 28, 2008, 04:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by darkknight
Paint issues too?
Yeah look around on the forums I know it was big with the 08's I believe the 09's have the same paint. Mitsubishi was blaming it on rocks the last time I read about it so they weren't covering it under warranty.
Old May 28, 2008, 05:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by darkknight
No way, are you serious? Only 6-8 gigs left? Wow!
yup. i'lll try to find the orig thread. some computer programmer tried hacking into the system and found out a lot of stuff abonut the navi system.
Old May 28, 2008, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by chetman7
yup. i'lll try to find the orig thread. some computer programmer tried hacking into the system and found out a lot of stuff abonut the navi system.
Sounds like a plan! Your efforts are appreciated!
Old May 28, 2008, 08:26 PM

yeah please do that would be awesome
Old May 30, 2008, 06:49 AM
Evolving Member

sorry guys, ive been searching fir so long, i cant seem to find it. but i did find that the server can hold 1200 songs which is far from 30 gigs, 1200 songs is around 8 gigs. i will continue to search, I just can't remember wat forum I saw it on cause I'm a member of 4 different lancer forums.

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer GTS DVD Features - Don't Be Fooled!!!!