Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Tint amounts

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2008, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is sort of but seems like the thread to ask. If I drive out of state somewhere where my tint is against that state's laws can I get a ticket for it? Or do AZ laws apply to my car since it is registered in AZ?
Old Jul 19, 2008, 03:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jellyfishian
This is sort of but seems like the thread to ask. If I drive out of state somewhere where my tint is against that state's laws can I get a ticket for it? Or do AZ laws apply to my car since it is registered in AZ?
i think in GA anyone can be ticketed for it (32 is new limit), so its pretty likely.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

i have 30% on the fronts and 15% on the rest.

good luck man!
Old Jul 19, 2008, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

Yah i got 35% up front and 20% in the rear...I would love to hvae 20% all around but in IL anything up front is illegal. They say you can paint the rear windows and they could car less but up front you are allowed nothing

Got pulled over only once on tints but you need 20% all around bare minimum!
Old Jul 19, 2008, 11:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Hellacious
i think in GA anyone can be ticketed for it (32 is new limit), so its pretty likely.
really? I just spent over a month GA, I was planning on taking the Lancer but ended up flying. Guess I would have gotten a ticket the Peachtree City Police are CRAZY.. I don't know if you live near there, but watch out for them if you are ever in that area!
Old Jul 20, 2008, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

lol in ga if u have tint in the front you'll 99% be pulled
Old Jul 20, 2008, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by eyekyu
lol in ga if u have tint in the front you'll 99% be pulled
not just fronts...i started with 5% all around, got 2 warnings before finally taking the fronts off, then a ticket for the rest

rollin with just the rear window @ 5 now, waiting to get tinted to 15 or 20

its sad, as bad as the violent crime is here, all cops seem to care about is speeding and window tint
Old Jul 21, 2008, 05:46 AM
Evolving Member

I'm about to **** myself. Got pulled over tonight by a bike cop.
1. Tint too dark, 25% (Lame...)
2. Decals on rear window obstructing visibility (Total bull**** cuz I can see out my rear window just fine. Decals up on top totally out of the way of sight)
3. Exhaust modified to make noise (Wtf.... He should be lucky I wasn't running catless/exhaustless like I was a few nights ago.)

I'm seriously pissed. I wasn't even speeding and I had my front windows down where my tint couldn't be seen. Such a nice night out but the piggy decided to pull me over and wright out some lame *** bull**** tickets cuz he has nothing better to do with his life.
/end rant
Old Jul 21, 2008, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fuze49
2. Decals on rear window obstructing visibility (Total bull**** cuz I can see out my rear window just fine. Decals up on top totally out of the way of sight)
3. Exhaust modified to make noise (Wtf.... He should be lucky I wasn't running catless/exhaustless like I was a few nights ago.)

I'm seriously pissed. I wasn't even speeding and I had my front windows down where my tint couldn't be seen. Such a nice night out but the piggy decided to pull me over and wright out some lame *** bull**** tickets cuz he has nothing better to do with his life.
/end rant
that sucks man! are you gonna fight it or just take care of it?
Old Jul 21, 2008, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

Already dropped it off with my lawyer. Gotta love having family friend who will fix my tickets for me.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

^^ so lucky!! i wish i was you haha
Old Jul 22, 2008, 09:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by yitzac1990
^^ so lucky!! i wish i was you haha
It is nice. He handles all my tickets at no cost. Gets em reduced to parking or gets them dropped and I have to pay the fine if there is one.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fuze49

/end rant
i feeel u man lol
i got pulled over for my tints once and the cop also gave me a ticket for my radar on the front window which is "obstruction of view" which is BS..cops just dont like to see them lol
anyway ive gotten pulled over about 5 times for my tints and finally took off the front driver and passenger(i told myself i never would..but i kept getting pulled over on my way to school and it was getting annoying) then got pulled over for tinted taillights and now i started getting pulled over for my yellow tinted headlights..
the tickets in NJ for tints and headlights or taillights are $55(not sure about other states) i dont think $55 is that bad so i just pay them and im on my way... except for the window tint i kept getting pulled over and it was annoying so i took it off lol
Old Jul 22, 2008, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

In Vegas, You can see out limo tint windows at night because of how bright the damn city his 24/7
Old Jul 22, 2008, 11:27 PM
Evolved Member

Luckily over here its 35% all round and the cops dont give u **** unless u go lower

Quick Reply: Tint amounts