Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

L.E.D. underbody help

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2008, 06:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
L.E.D. underbody help

Hi, Im pretty new to this so ya, I have a 08 Aqua Metallic Lancer GTS and Im really diggin the L.E.D underbody lights, I've been doing some research and I found one of them that I am really interested in

http://cgi.ebay.com/6PC-7-COLOR-4PC-...3286.m20.l1116

I want to get them, but before ordering them, I have a couple of questions, first, what do you guys think of it? are they a good choice, because i dont want no neons, i want LEDs.
Also, how would you install them, cause i read that to get it install at pepboys they charge you $300 and HELLZ NA!!....so my main concern is do you have to make any holes or anything like that in the car for the cables?? and what about the cables because i dont want the cables to look all around the car you kno...i wanna have it clean

Please help and answer ASAP
THNX
Old Sep 23, 2008, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

save your money, unless its a show car and you have to have neons for night shows, lol

trust me i had them on my last car and it wasnt all that cool, well maybe it seemed like it when i was 16
Old Sep 23, 2008, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by mmartahus
save your money, unless its a show car and you have to have neons for night shows, lol

trust me i had them on my last car and it wasnt all that cool, well maybe it seemed like it when i was 16
well ive seen some of the ppl here that also have some led...but the ones in the bumper grill thingy...if i dont get underbody...im thinkin on gettin those...because i think they make the car pop out better at night...do u know where to get them??....

Also, because i wanna modify my car n stuff but because its new (got it a couple of months ago) i dont really wanna start workin with performance yet...i kinda wanna work with looks first...so i dont really kno haha
Old Sep 23, 2008, 06:54 AM
Evolving Member

Dude all in all its your ride, Do to it what you feel you will enjoy. I dunno how those mount but usually you dont drill into the under body of a car, unless your looking for rust. he wires can be zip tied to anything available and then mounted inside the engine compartment for power then run through the fire wall to the cabin for a on off switch. Unless it comes with a wireless remote. The diff b/w LED and NEON is with LED you will see the light concentration ever so often if you point them straight down, where as neons provide steady glow through out. LED takes less power to operate so you can leave em on longer with out fear of draining the battery. I know 2 lancer owners personally both with LED and they enjoy them..