Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

10 sec 4g93

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2008, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Sure but they get a lot more out of it. A 500 HP Evo is fundamentally different than a 500 HP lancer.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by depsy
even once you get an evo you're not calling it a day...far from it, how much more do those owners spend on their cars on top of what it cost plus maintenance and insurance is more than our lancers
Did you forget how much it would cost to maintain a "500 hp" lancer with custom parts? at least if you do wish to move to an evo at least there are much more option to choose from if something goes wrong whereas you have to start back to scratch to bring back the custom engine.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

lol, come to texas. I'll show you my lancer on all stock parts with a turbo. Only problem i had was i needed a new battery and that was a couple of days ago. My car has been turbo'd since june.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

And how much boost are you running? Power? There's no telling how long your particular setup will last anyways.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

i'm running 7 and i know how long it will last. I'm not some idiot that doesn't know jack about cars. i don't know why people doubt the 4g94 all the time. A car is a car. Its what you make it. Just cause your 4g94 failed doesn't mean mine will.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 07:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by doctorjon
lol, come to texas. I'll show you my lancer on all stock parts with a turbo. Only problem i had was i needed a new battery and that was a couple of days ago. My car has been turbo'd since june.
the thing is you're only pushing 7 psi and I know that to up around 500 hp you might need to go past 20 psi at least. Your hp will probably be around 150-300ish. The people here are talking about going beyond the norm of a turbo'd lancer and reaching godly numbers. I'd be surprised if I saw a 4g94 with 5 times its hp. Even the road race lancer had problems when it came to hitting the 300 hp mark and that was shooting less than 15 psi. Plus our rpm range is lowered compared to the 4g93.

Last edited by sXericerider; Oct 17, 2008 at 07:39 PM.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

yeah but, people are stating that a 4g94 is worthless in terms of modding. 20 psi won't give you 500hp. A stock evo comes with 18 psi pushing almost 300hp. Any car has its flaws. Putting 50 grande in mods and still can't get to 500hp is dumb. Spending 15 grande to your liking is a different story. A 4g94 is a good motor. End of story.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by doctorjon
yeah but, people are stating that a 4g94 is worthless in terms of modding. 20 psi won't give you 500hp. A stock evo comes with 18 psi pushing almost 300hp. Any car has its flaws. Putting 50 grande in mods and still can't get to 500hp is dumb. Spending 15 grande to your liking is a different story. A 4g94 is a good motor. End of story.
I'll admit that the 4g94 is a good motor. I would never say that the 4g94 is worthless at modding either. To each their own when it comes to their actual car. I just don't see myself spending the same amount of money I spent to buy the car to make it become an incredibly fast car. Hands down the 4g94 does it job by being a well built motor, but coming to terms to modding it there's a good and bad side about it. Becoming NA for example. By taking a look at Amby's thread of his experience you may understand why modding a 4g94 is pointless, yet if you look at it towards for example turbo'ing it or converting it to dohc or 4g64 or what not there can be endless possibilities. Its just up to how much a person is willing to spend to make it that fast and from being on the forums for a couple years I come to see that most of the people that say they'll do it are all talk and in the end either sell their lancer and move to a different platform or just upgrade to an evo.

I respect your turbo build too doc. I'm wanting to try your setup as well when my finances meet the right price.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks. I was all in doubt too, but i love my car. I probably will never get rid of it. I didn't go all crazy on modding i wanted to turbo my car badly. I'm living my dream. My real dream is a Evo 7 and someday a Skyline GTR34. If we all gave up on our dreams where would we go in life. Just cause our 4g94 couldn't cut it just throw it out and get something new? I'm not that type of person. I like to make the best of what i got.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 08:25 PM
Evolving Member

I've been thinking about the dohc 4g93 head swap that's starting to gain momentum.

I don't have the funds to immediately try some things, but I think the reasoning the 4g94 doesn't respond well to NA mods is because of the inherent limitations of the sohc head.

Also, this could be a similar reason why turboing so far we are seeing an upper limit of around 300 hp. I believe RRM got past that by doing a port and polish on the head, along with some other things of course.

So, I'm thinking there's much more to be had doing the dohc head swap and upping the boost on the turbo.

This is all just speculation. I may eventually put my theory into practice or someone will before me. Time will tell.

My car is paid for, and it may eventually turn into a full time track car. Who knows, we will see as time goes on. One things for certain, I won't ever be selling this car.

Last edited by bcollinstex; Oct 17, 2008 at 08:27 PM.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Yea I'm going to be experimenting with my motor and the 4g93 too. Port them out and see what puts out the best. Our Intake Manifold also holds a lot back so I'm going to play around with that and the throttle body.

Then TURBO!

I love my car and I don't see myself without it for a long... time.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

i wish rabbit would produce the IM he created. i think senate is getting one made also with his build?
Old Oct 17, 2008, 09:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by OZ Rally
Our Intake Manifold also holds a lot back so I'm going to play around with that and the throttle body.
Yep. Got a RRM ported intake mani sitting in my garage waiting to be used. Once I install that, I've got an extra stock unit to fiddle with.

Originally Posted by 4g94T
i wish rabbit would produce the IM he created. i think senate is getting one made also with his build?
Yeah. I think so. Unless that fell through.
Old Oct 18, 2008, 12:56 AM
Evolved Member

7 PSI on a T-25/T-28/16G is a hell of a lot different than the kind of mods needed to get 500 HP. Also, if you think your setup will be completely reliable (ie. drive like it came from Mitsubishi itself), I suggest you do a lot of reading on here. I have yet to see someone have a completely flawless aftermarket turbo experience. You're also nowhere near 300 HP as suggested by someone else, you're closer to 160 realistically speaking.
The 4G94 is a great motor if you leave it alone and don't mod it. It's fuel efficient, it's incredibly reliable and it's got good grunt for what it is. A great tuner motor it is not. It's nothing like the 4G63, the EJ257, the B16, etc. It was designed to be the things listed earlier, it was not designed for performance. It has many aspects that also limit this possibility (weak bottom end, poor flowing top end). If you mod the engine to the point of making it DOHC and all that jazz, is it even a 4G94 anymore? If I swap a K20 into a civic hatch, does it prove how mighty the civic is or is it actually a shining example of how inferior the civic motor was and how superior the K20 is? You can throw a lot of money at any car to make it fast, you haven't proven how great the car in question is, you've simply proven the age old saying that money can buy you everything.
I had the same mentality of a lot of people here, I thought I was going to build some amazing NA car and yadda yadda yadda but at the end of the day I got tired of spending big bucks on a car that was A. getting older, B. showing that it was getting older and C. not designed to be fast in the first damn place. If I got the motor to 300 HP, I still had the stock tranny holding me back, the stock brakes, the stock suspension, etc.
Old Oct 18, 2008, 01:12 AM
Evolved Member

ok here is a 325hp lancer and imho the most impressive lancer i've seen i have sent KAS an email requesting how much this setup will cost(yeah i know not 500 hp) but it will still help to both sides of this arguement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=satdm...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEDO0...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wLnS...eature=related

here are the list of mods
http://www.kitoautosport.com/lancerturbo.html

Quick Reply: 10 sec 4g93