Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

10 sec 4g93

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2008, 01:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fock it i'm swapping a hemi in my car **** this.
Old Oct 18, 2008, 01:55 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah 500hp for a base lancer is unrealistic, but putting a turbo on a lancer is just old news. I mean we already got the point. Theres no point in going to 500+ on a base lancer. My has lasted since June its almost Nov. If my motor blows ill let you know(which it wont). Until than i say my car is reliable. You weren't happy with your lancer so you traded it for a WRX. I'm happy with my lancer and im keeping it 4g94T stock.
Old Oct 18, 2008, 01:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by MaD_CaNaBiCe
ok here is a 325hp lancer and imho the most impressive lancer i've seen i have sent KAS an email requesting how much this setup will cost(yeah i know not 500 hp) but it will still help to both sides of this arguement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=satdm...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEDO0...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wLnS...eature=related

here are the list of mods
http://www.kitoautosport.com/lancerturbo.html
Judging by the part list, a lot. Something you need to keep in mind is that the cost of things in the Cayman Islands may not be equivalent to what things cost in the US. Puerto Rico is a prime example of this problem. Another issue is that simply saying 500 HP doesn't mean much. If all you want is a number, you could easily 300 HP if you did your dyno run on a high reading dyno, used a correction factor and transformed the WHP number into a crank HP number.
Old Oct 18, 2008, 02:01 AM
Evolved Member

That could also be true. We are just stating old facts and its getting older by the minute. As i stated before my car is not N/A. Its boosted and so i can say its boosted. We all already know the g94 is not a mod engine.
Old Oct 18, 2008, 04:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
Judging by the part list, a lot. Something you need to keep in mind is that the cost of things in the Cayman Islands may not be equivalent to what things cost in the US. Puerto Rico is a prime example of this problem. Another issue is that simply saying 500 HP doesn't mean much. If all you want is a number, you could easily 300 HP if you did your dyno run on a high reading dyno, used a correction factor and transformed the WHP number into a crank HP number.
yeah i do understand that what may cost you people in the US $5 will cost me $10 true but what my point was with that video is that 325 hp in a lancer is alot meaning that 325 hp in our cars is something totally different than 325 hp in an evo or wrx ive seen civics with these numbers rape the some evo's don't get me wrong i'm a die hard evo fan and would not think twice about upgrading to an evo but realistically 300 hp lancer will either beat a fairly modded evo or wrx in my opinion or if it does not would definately give it a damn good race (from a rolling start) of course.I don't care what anyone says i think modding our cars is alot of fun while challenging and a bit too expensive we mods cars not because we look for the money back in return but because we love doing it and no one should not let anyone change that if one day someone hit 500 hp with the 4g94 weather it's just the bottom end they have one hell of a fast lancer and i know one day it will happen
Old Oct 18, 2008, 05:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DriftRunSir
fock it i'm swapping a hemi in my car **** this.
Lol I dont even think our chassic can hold one lol
Old Oct 18, 2008, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

I don't care what anyone says i think modding our cars is alot of fun while challenging and a bit too expensive we mods cars not because we look for the money back in return but because we love doing it and no one should not let anyone change that if one day someone hit 500 hp with the 4g94 weather it's just the bottom end they have one hell of a fast lancer and i know one day it will happen
Preach on brother.

I understand what amby is saying, this ain't an everyday modders car if you want power. Heck it ain't even a modder friendly car. This car is a challenge if you want big power.

Originally Posted by sXericerider
Lol I dont even think our chassic can hold one lol
They can, you're just going to have to spend more than 15k to do it.
Old Oct 18, 2008, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

yeah i do understand that what may cost you people in the US $5 will cost me $10 true but what my point was with that video is that 325 hp in a lancer is alot meaning that 325 hp in our cars is something totally different than 325 hp in an evo or wrx ive seen civics with these numbers rape the some evo's don't get me wrong i'm a die hard evo fan and would not think twice about upgrading to an evo but realistically 300 hp lancer will either beat a fairly modded evo or wrx in my opinion or if it does not would definately give it a damn good race (from a rolling start) of course.I don't care what anyone says i think modding our cars is alot of fun while challenging and a bit too expensive we mods cars not because we look for the money back in return but because we love doing it and no one should not let anyone change that if one day someone hit 500 hp with the 4g94 weather it's just the bottom end they have one hell of a fast lancer and i know one day it will happen
You're only going to beat an evo in a straight line. The evo owner can also say "my car is stock, I would hope your highly modified lancer would be faster". You also said a rolling race, so there's essentially one thing that a 325 HP lancer does better than an evo.
Old Oct 18, 2008, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

I'm not saying don't mod the lancer, I'm saying be realistic. 300 HP is probably good for most people, 500 HP in a FWD car is insane and best left to shops that can afford to rebuild it after every race.
Old Oct 18, 2008, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
I'm not saying don't mod the lancer, I'm saying be realistic. 300 HP is probably good for most people, 500 HP in a FWD car is insane and best left to shops that can afford to rebuild it after every race.
+1 topic should be closed after that statement
Old Oct 18, 2008, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

my goal is 300 whp and im done with the 4g94...
after that replace my s-techs with megan coilovers
and my current rims with work emotions and im done, time to move on
Old Oct 18, 2008, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Of course if you don't wanna get your hands dirty than of course your gonna end up paying people to do it and there goes all your money. A lancer is a whole different car. 500hp in FWD is insane. You'd be sitting there going nowhere fast. My main real goal was just to have a better stronger lancer. Just like anyone else that likes to go a little faster when they buy their car stock. No the lancer isn't a evo and no the lancer isn't a WRX. It doesn't live the same legacy. Its just like a base model civic that wasn't a SI and a base model RSX that wasn't a type S. I still agree with you though amby putting too much money into a car that isn't gonna go nowhere is not a wise choice.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4g94T
my goal is 300 whp and im done with the 4g94...
after that replace my s-techs with megan coilovers
and my current rims with work emotions and im done, time to move on
same here
Old Oct 21, 2008, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sXericerider
I dont see why people would dump so much money into there lancer when at that point in time it might be a better idea to switch to a different platform to get more out of their money.

Why would they do this?so people can talk about it on forums
Old Oct 21, 2008, 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

lol yeah and also switching to another platform could also be out of peoples reach. Sometimes a car note isn't always better. To me not having that kindve headache is the best thing in the world. I got money to spend on myself and my car and i can take my girl out everyday. And im using the money it would cost to pay the 2 cars i have monthly not including insurance and gas.