Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

the lancer gods must be angry with me....

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2008, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the lancer gods must be angry with me....

So on halloween i cracked my rim. I went out and got it repaired only to find out that my other front tire sprung a flat. now some of you may wonder "so what's so bad about that?" the problem is that it doesnt seem to hold in air anymore. i took my tire to a tire shop and they told me that i had a tiny crack in my rim. So i went out and got that one fix (i love my rims okay) i wake up the next morning to go get breakfast with my friend and to my surprise...YEP you guessed it, the tire was flat again. The tire is brand new and the guys at both the rim AND tire shop inspected it for a second time only to fill my tire with air again and send me on my way. When I go out to my car in the next 30min im praying that it's not going to happen again. =(

has anyone ever had this problem
Old Nov 19, 2008, 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

I don't think its the lancer gods but the tire and rim gods are angry with you. Ya thats happen to me as well with my driver side wheel. Pep boys say its ok but it still keeps running flat every three weeks or so. Then again I have ebay tires and rims so what should I expect for that matter.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Maybe your valve stem needs to be adjusted or the bead is leaking air slowly, that's what happened to me when my club did track time last. Did they immerse the tire in water?
Old Nov 19, 2008, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 03_Lancer_ES
Maybe your valve stem needs to be adjusted or the bead is leaking air slowly, that's what happened to me when my club did track time last. Did they immerse the tire in water?
yea they did the whole, dip the tire in soapy water bit.

i bought my wheels off a guy on a forum, and i got my tires from a discount tire shop near my house. it just freaking sucks asking my gf to drive me places after my tire goes flat out of nowhere

but i checked it today and so far, no flat. my guess is its going to be flat by the end of the week. the guys at the shop tested everything and found no leaks on the tire whatsoever. everywhere i took the tire the mechanics said they would feel bad about selling me a new tire because its SO BRAND SPANKING NEW!!