Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Ams Oil teams up with injen

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2008, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ams Oil teams up with injen

just an FYI injen is now partnered with amsoil for their filters etc.

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/injen.aspx

notice all their part numbers will be the same or similar but till have an "A" or something in front of it.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 09:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which part for the 09?
Old Nov 28, 2008, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nathan0490
Which part for the 09?

No listing yet for an 09 Lancer and would need to know 2.0 or 2.4.

08 Lancer 2.0 is ASP1835P

Doc
Old Dec 8, 2008, 07:06 AM
Evolving Member

Nice to see some partnerships with AmsOil and a well known performance company. I was alway a little leery of AmsOil mostly due to the lack of easy to find 3rd party testing reports and the number of web hits from their own company under different website naming conventions. Of course this was many years and ago and I have always wanted to try their product. Almost tried the MTF but couldn't get a question answered from local retailer.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by icrnk
Nice to see some partnerships with AmsOil and a well known performance company. I was alway a little leery of AmsOil mostly due to the lack of easy to find 3rd party testing reports and the number of web hits from their own company under different website naming conventions. Of course this was many years and ago and I have always wanted to try their product. Almost tried the MTF but couldn't get a question answered from local retailer.
Actually, years ago it was easier to find 3rd Party testing. Even though much of it is 3rd Party today, the testing Facilities are kept under wrap as they use to get inundated with phone calls such as "Is it really true that AMSOIL did so well ?". Which is also why we don't drop the names of Large Accounts, Gov't Accounts and OEM Accounts.

AMSOIL created the Automotive Synthetic Market in 1972, Mobil followed with a poor quality oil in late 1974. Everyone else has been trying to copy AMSOIL and as they say "Imitation is the Sincerest form of Flattery".

AMSOIL has partnered with several large companies in the past few years and currently partnered with Injen, Donaldson, Trico, WIX, MOTHERS, NGK and Twin Air, some of the biggest names in their respective businesses.

Even though it may be too late, What was your question on MTF ?

Also, I sell to you at Dealer/Retailer Cost and through December have a 5% Rebate from that Dealer Cost...

Doc
Old Dec 8, 2008, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

I don't really recall the question but I don't have the car I was asking about anymore. It was an Acura RSX so it may have had something to do with compatability with the Acura transmission and possibly the use of copper in the Type S gears. I was trying to get rid of some 3rd gear grind and pop outs. Thanks for the additional info on AmsOil.