Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Picking Up A GTS Tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2008, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^ its a fun car thats for sure
Old Dec 23, 2008, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

in for pics of car and cutoff pics of the HIDs

congrats.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 09:59 PM
Evolving Member

^ +1
Old Dec 25, 2008, 09:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jellyfishian
^ +1
^ +1
Old Dec 25, 2008, 10:04 AM

Ok, this is probably going to be a really stupid question but what exactly do you mean by cutoff pics of the HID's? I am charging my camera so I plan on taking some pics today (even though the car could use a wash after the rain we had). I will say that I am impressed with the HID's. I had an Outlander XLS a couple years ago with HID's and they didn't look all that great. This is actually our 2nd GTS. My husband had one when they first came out, an 08 Rally Red GTS with the CVT. Guess I'll put it out there...my husband works for Mitsu so we get new cars a couple times a year (not demos, they are an employee lease).
Old Dec 25, 2008, 01:31 PM

[attach]Picking Up A GTS Tomorrow-gts.jpg[/attach]

Here are a couple of pics
Attached Thumbnails Picking Up A GTS Tomorrow-gts1.jpg  
Old Dec 25, 2008, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats. Cant wait to get mine..
Old Dec 25, 2008, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by crystal78
[attach]Attachment 127214[/attach]

Here are a couple of pics
Wow I wish I had those projectors on my OBP 09 GTS
Old Dec 26, 2008, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crystal78
Ok, this is probably going to be a really stupid question but what exactly do you mean by cutoff pics of the HID's? I am charging my camera so I plan on taking some pics today (even though the car could use a wash after the rain we had). I will say that I am impressed with the HID's. I had an Outlander XLS a couple years ago with HID's and they didn't look all that great. This is actually our 2nd GTS. My husband had one when they first came out, an 08 Rally Red GTS with the CVT. Guess I'll put it out there...my husband works for Mitsu so we get new cars a couple times a year (not demos, they are an employee lease).
Cutoff pis are what they sound like, goto a dark alley or behind a building. park your car about 25-35 feet away from the wall. take pics of what the light looks like on the wall.
if your confused

Old Dec 27, 2008, 05:01 AM

The car is awesome. You won't regret it! I bought mine about two months ago. Paddle shifting is so much fun, especially for someone without stick skills.

After owning an 03 OZ, an 09 GTS is a helluvan upgrade. These body styles are so sweet, and more power makes me feel like a kid again. Enjoy!
Old Jan 5, 2009, 09:22 PM

conjrats on ur new toy!
Old Jan 6, 2009, 02:43 PM
Evolving Member

Welcome to the Lancer family.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sgd
I was seriously considering the manual, and like I said they have two cars in the same color with the touring, navigation, and sun & sound packages, except one is a manual and the other auto. The other plus is the manual is less expensive, but I know it will start to drive me crazy in rush hour traffic. I have a 20 mile commute each way to work (40 miles daily) and unfortunately much of it is stop on go on the congested 635. Not only that but I usually eat my breakfast on the way to work and I'm always drinking something, and with a manual both of those things will be a pain. The saving grace of the auto is the paddle shifters, which will make it much more fun.
Get the manual since it is cheaper. I have absolutly no problem doing or dealing with any of those things... And I don't even have a proper cup holder. Last night was severe stop and go all the way home from out by the airport (normally a 15 min drive for me at ~80mph) stop and go all the way home took a little over an hour. I survived and wasn't annoyed by the manual at all... And I definitely can drink and eat and drive fine too... To each his own though I guess...

Anyway, hope you get better soon, the illness seems to be goin around the country, I've known plenty of people who were sick and I just am getting over it. GL to ya man.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 07:11 PM
sgd

Well I'm sorry it took so long to get back to you all, but one of the reasons is because I didn't end up getting the Lancer. The deal is, I went to the dealership and test drove the car and was underwhelmed by the lack power. It was fun flipping the paddles on the steering wheel, but the car still felt kind of anemic. Plus the seats don't have lumbar support and I have a very bad lower back and found them a little uncomfortable. I liked the way the car drove, but the lack of power and the seat comfort was troubling for me. Plus I brought along a CD to try out the sound system and I was really underwhelmed by that too. It's really loud, but I found it lacking "depth" for lack of a better word. It's like all highs and lows and no midrange at all. I know the Rockford Fosgate system has received rave reviews, but really outside of the fact you can crank the system really loud with thumping bass, I did not find the system to be all that great. Not terrible by any stretch of the imagination, just hallow sounding. The HID lights were great looking though; I turned them and got out to look at them and they're real sharp. I think that touring package is totally worth the $1,000 asking price, and I wouldn't get an 09 without it (especially for the stability control that comes with it too).

The salesman tried to upsell me into a Lancer Ralliart, but the terrible gas mileage coupled with the fact it requiers premium fuel were a big turnoff for me. Gas prices aren't going to be this low forever, and when they're back up to $5.00 a gallon I don't want to be stuck with a car that gets SUV gas mileage and requires premium.

So I left the dealership to think about it, and went next door to the Hyundai dealership. Owning a 2003 Sonata and having a very good experience with the car, I thought about taking a look at the 09 Sonata's. They had smoking deals on the 09's as they had a full lot of them. I ended up test driving a V6 Limited model with the navigation system option and I loved it! I ended up buying the car. I got it for $2,000 under invoice. It came to $24,800 before TT&L. Add that to the $4,300 the dealership gave me for my car and the price was $20,500 before TT&L. I got financed at 1.9% interest because of my credit, so my payments are $376 a month for 60 months. I know the Hyundai losses value pretty quick, but I keep my cars for five plus years, so it's not a big deal to me.

I was just amazed at the improvement in the 09 Sonata Vs the 03. No, I know it's not as sporty as the Lancer GTS, but it's quiet, very comfortable (heated leather seats with lumbar support), and has all the luxury options you could want on the limited model. My 03 Sonata was trouble free for five years, I'm hoping this 09 will be as well.

Anyway, I've rambled long enough. I guess I got ahead of myself saying I was going to buy the Lancer. I guess I should have said after I test drove it, but I was really expecting to like it more than I did. The V6 in my car gets 19 city/29 hwy which is the same as the Lancer, but it's so much more powerful, you step on the accelerator and the car goes! I like that feeling and I did not get it with the Lancer. Thanks anyway to all of you who responded. The lancer is a great car, and still turns my head every time I see one, but for now my new Sonata is a good car for me.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

wow a sonata?? thats not even close to being in any comparison category with the lancer...

Quick Reply: Picking Up A GTS Tomorrow