Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Picking Up A GTS Tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2008, 06:36 PM
sgd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Picking Up A GTS Tomorrow

Hey, I'm so excited to get this car tomorrow. I loved the look of the new Lancer's ever since I saw them, but I didn't want to buy a car in the first model year so I waited. I was also concerned about the lack of hp and torque plus the absence of stability control. Well damn what a difference a year makes! First Mitsu adds a more acceptable level of hp and torque (still could have been more) and I almost bit the bullet when the first 09's came out. Then I read about the touring package upgrade coming out later in the year that would have stability control plus the other goodies. So I waited for that, and now finally tomorrow I'm picking up a GTS with Sun and Sound, Tech Package, and the Touring Package.

The dealership has two cars exactly the same, except one is a manual transmission and the other auto. I would love a manual transmission, but there is simply too much traffic here in Dallas and so I'm going to get the auto. The paddle shifters make it a little more fun to drive. But I just can't deal with a manual in the constant stop and go traffic here.

The dealership is doing a straight up invoice deal on the car. It currently has 11 miles on it so it's been unmolested lol. I'll post up picks tomorrow.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

so what are you getting it for after tax title destination fees, etc..?

The touring package is awesome, I bought mine when it first came out so I couldnt get that package. You should really get the manual, its a lot of fun to drive, and its not all that bad in traffic (i drive in boston traffic all the time)

what color are you getting? post pics!
Old Dec 19, 2008, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah this will be the first GTS with Touring pkg I've heard of here on the forums, make sure you take lots of pics! Especially of the projectors on that baby.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 09:14 PM
sgd

Originally Posted by mmartahus
so what are you getting it for after tax title destination fees, etc..?

The touring package is awesome, I bought mine when it first came out so I couldnt get that package. You should really get the manual, its a lot of fun to drive, and its not all that bad in traffic (i drive in boston traffic all the time)

what color are you getting? post pics!
Well we negotiated on invoice price, plus (found on Edmunds) TT&L. As a down payment I will add whatever they give me for my 2003 Hyundai Sonata. The Sonata has been a great car, but I'm ready for something sportier and better looking. Never had any problem with the Hyundai though, real reliable car.

I was seriously considering the manual, and like I said they have two cars in the same color with the touring, navigation, and sun & sound packages, except one is a manual and the other auto. The other plus is the manual is less expensive, but I know it will start to drive me crazy in rush hour traffic. I have a 20 mile commute each way to work (40 miles daily) and unfortunately much of it is stop on go on the congested 635. Not only that but I usually eat my breakfast on the way to work and I'm always drinking something, and with a manual both of those things will be a pain. The saving grace of the auto is the paddle shifters, which will make it much more fun.

The color is going to be white. The only two colors they have with the three option packages are white and gray. Not a fan of the gray, and white would not have been my first color choice. Rally red is really what I wanted but they don't have it, and they don't have anything coming in with that color. So between the white and the gray I'm going with the white. Never owned a white car before so this will be first.

Yeah, I'll post up pics when I get home tomorrow night.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 09:33 PM
Evolving Member

congrats on your purchase!
Old Dec 19, 2008, 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats. You will love it. I'm jealous, I waited cause I heard about the touring pack coming out but soon found out us canadians can't get it. Oh well at least we get the heated leather seats. Can't wait to see pics and enjoy
Old Dec 20, 2008, 07:20 PM
sgd

Just my freaking luck! I've been sick all day. I felt it coming on last night and today I've a fever of 102 and runny nose/sneezing/coughing. There is some nasty virus going around my work, and everyone in my department has been getting sick, I knew I was next in line. Bad timing.

Well I spoke to my sales person and we're going to meet on Monday or Tuesday night after I get out of work. He promised me the car hasn't been sold/test driven and it's still sitting out back unmolested. lol! I don't think engines are made out of glass, but I prefer to do the engine break-in myself rather than someone test driving the car really hard to "see what she'll do!"

Hopefully early next week I'll have the pictures to post up.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

cool man,
get better soon
Old Dec 20, 2008, 08:23 PM

nice! Take pics Are you thinking about doing any mods on it?

When I bought my 09 GTS, if i knew that the touring package was coming out... I would've waited. But its alright. Just to tell you I got my GTS in manual and I drive in traffic all the time, but I sure miss eating while driving and other automatic fantasies. I love the stick-shift though. Once again, congrats!
Old Dec 20, 2008, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

nice congrats, dude ur getting HIDs lol
Old Dec 20, 2008, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by sgd
Hey, I'm so excited to get this car tomorrow. I loved the look of the new Lancer's ever since I saw them, but I didn't want to buy a car in the first model year so I waited. I was also concerned about the lack of hp and torque plus the absence of stability control. Well damn what a difference a year makes! First Mitsu adds a more acceptable level of hp and torque (still could have been more) and I almost bit the bullet when the first 09's came out. Then I read about the touring package upgrade coming out later in the year that would have stability control plus the other goodies. So I waited for that, and now finally tomorrow I'm picking up a GTS with Sun and Sound, Tech Package, and the Touring Package.

The dealership has two cars exactly the same, except one is a manual transmission and the other auto. I would love a manual transmission, but there is simply too much traffic here in Dallas and so I'm going to get the auto. The paddle shifters make it a little more fun to drive. But I just can't deal with a manual in the constant stop and go traffic here.

The dealership is doing a straight up invoice deal on the car. It currently has 11 miles on it so it's been unmolested lol. I'll post up picks tomorrow.
Yea when i bought my 06 2 weeks after I saw the commercial for the new body style and was pissed....i want the new body style so bad but oh well im just gonna make the best of what I have and mod it out!
Old Dec 20, 2008, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

unmolested haha, well the vehicle is unmolested, hopefully the dealer doesnt end up molesting you.

Congrats on the car though!!! Post up how ya like it!!
Old Dec 21, 2008, 07:49 AM
Evolving Member

CONGRATS..... hope you feel better, and can't wait to see pics..... I got the 08 GTS... and can't wait until the 2011 models come out..... if they have made this many changes in a year from 07 to 08 and 09, can imagine waht they will look like or upgrades they will have in later years
Old Dec 22, 2008, 03:38 AM

I am also getting a GTS this week. Just waiting for word that its ready for pick up. It is an 09 GTS, 5 speed, Octane Blue, Sound and Sound, Navi, and Touring package. My husband will be getting a RalliArt in a few months.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 05:36 PM

So sorry to hijack someone else's thread but I picked up my 09 GTS today. Absolutely love it. Shifting is going to be an adjustment because I'm so used to my previous car which was a 6 speed Spyder. I will post pics sometime this week.

Quick Reply: Picking Up A GTS Tomorrow