Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Base Lancer Converted to Evolution X

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2008, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Will the FQ 400 body kit be only widebody as listed on your site or will it work for non widebody?
Old Dec 24, 2008, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i give you props coz its a good work but for some reason i dont like the idea coz if somebody pull up next to it and wana race then it will just cause a disgrace to all real evo owners...i rather buy the real thing...if i cant afford it then i wont try to convert it, but thats just me...
Old Dec 24, 2008, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

nice work!! but I hate lancers trying to be evos!!!
Old Dec 24, 2008, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

The rear bumper looks like crap because it isn't a two piece set like the real evos... also whats up with the rear doors.... seems like too much work to put a kit like that on.
Old Dec 24, 2008, 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jirro22
i give you props coz its a good work but for some reason i dont like the idea coz if somebody pull up next to it and wana race then it will just cause a disgrace to all real evo owners...i rather buy the real thing...if i cant afford it then i wont try to convert it, but thats just me...
I don't like the idea of racing on public road, whatever the car.

It's a good job nevertheless.

Personally I think the new body style of X (& the new lancer) isn't much of an advance in design over the last generation, which isn't saying alot consider that the IX or previous models isn't the prettiest car in the world. Changing from base to X style seriously isn't really enhancing the look to begin with to be worth the effort IMO. But that just me.

My cousin was telling me not to get the X, at 2x the price, its look too much like the base lancer & people can only tell the difference when up close. I told him don't mind even if they looks exactly the same, after all an evo is a lancer.

I have past the stage where I care out such issues like letting people know I get the "real deal", or I drive an expensive car. But that just me.

Last edited by kiadaw; Dec 24, 2008 at 06:26 PM.
Old Dec 24, 2008, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
not bad but the rear could use some more redesign....but not bad at all dave

but im sure i can speak for lots of use base lancers that we like the parts of the evo.... some of us just wanna be different and if putting parts of evo's that fit makes us diff then so what.. if i had a base 08/9 id but a evox kit and get the ra tails

nice work dave you always amaze me
Old Dec 24, 2008, 07:46 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks decent..not sure if i would be fooled hanging around at a car meet but it looks decent...

i hope the front fenders arent done yet? that under mesh needs to go..and how does the rear fenders look? seems hard to pull off..
Old Dec 24, 2008, 08:22 PM
Cyp
Evolving Member

lame!!
Old Dec 24, 2008, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
damn, I'm not feeling that. Just trade it in for a ralliart,
Old Dec 24, 2008, 09:29 PM

Where abouts in Singapore sells this? Would like the meshed nostril replacements for the bonnet....for my Real X

Old Dec 24, 2008, 10:10 PM

some people just want the looks and that is fine with me. The kit looks great. No one is gonna get spank as long as they don't street race with anyone.
Old Dec 24, 2008, 10:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by inpeng
some people just want the looks and that is fine with me. The kit looks great. No one is gonna get spank as long as they don't street race with anyone.
god i love it when mature smart people post on this website, its great, thanks for writing something that makes since.

i have a lancer my self and yes it has a ralliart lip it and a evo wing, why did it do it you ask, because it makes the car look better, and thats it, not because i want to look like an evo, and when people think or ask if it is or try to race, its real simple, just say NO.
Old Dec 25, 2008, 12:35 AM

meh, looks nice.. but i would go crazy with no go.
Old Dec 25, 2008, 12:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by OZR_Lancer
not bad but the rear could use some more redesign....but not bad at all dave

but im sure i can speak for lots of use base lancers that we like the parts of the evo.... some of us just wanna be different and if putting parts of evo's that fit makes us diff then so what.. if i had a base 08/9 id but a evox kit and get the ra tails

nice work dave you always amaze me
how is putting parts from the evo on your lancer making you different if everyone who has a lancer does it? everyone on here with a modded lancer only has one because they can't afford an evo (trust me I had an 03 lancer before I could afford my evo ), but they still want everyone to think they have an evo. only solution is to throw a bunch of evo parts on and hope nobody notices how slow the car actually is.

Not hating on this kit. It does look like really good work. I just hate the whole idea behind the "conversion kit" regardless of what car it's for. You can call it an upgrade all you want but it's really a "poser kit"
Old Dec 25, 2008, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MR_Lance
how is putting parts from the evo on your lancer making you different if everyone who has a lancer does it? everyone on here with a modded lancer only has one because they can't afford an evo (trust me I had an 03 lancer before I could afford my evo ), but they still want everyone to think they have an evo. only solution is to throw a bunch of evo parts on and hope nobody notices how slow the car actually is.

Not hating on this kit. It does look like really good work. I just hate the whole idea behind the "conversion kit" regardless of what car it's for. You can call it an upgrade all you want but it's really a "poser kit"
I can't disagree more. I have a lancer for what it is and I don't make it look like it's more than that. I'm not even trying to make anyone to think it's an evo. Stop making generalizations.

Quick Reply: Base Lancer Converted to Evolution X