Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Voluntary Repossession

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2003 | 04:44 AM
Evolving Member

is it all that much more expensive?? *sorry for all the questions...*
Old Sep 13, 2003 | 05:14 AM
Evolving Member

we have a outlander i believe it was about 500 or so that they added to the price
Old Sep 13, 2003 | 05:24 AM
Evolved Member

if you live in a rual area this may sound ubserd but burry your car and report it stolen get your money after about year dig it up and sell al the parts
Old Nov 12, 2003 | 10:52 PM

voluntary repo... help!!!

I need some advice... I am 2 payments behind on my car. And I owe another one at the end of the month, I dont have a job, because I just moved to a completely different state, and am going through a divorce. I have to choice to get my car voluntarily repo'ed or ummm.... Im not really sure. I need help. I am 19 years old and am lost as to what I should do. He cant take the car because he just bought another new car. I owe $21,000 on my car and I think it only books at like 16,000??? not really sure though... I know that if it getsd repo'ed that I am going to take a hit on my credit, but is it as bad as if it isnt voluntary? And I know that they will most likely send it to auction, and then I will have to pay whats left right??? I am broke, and I want to go to school... Im in so much trouble right now... help... now also, lets say i pay the 2 back payments, and my car mysteriously disappears... how easy is it to collect the insurance money??? Im not really knowing what to do right now, just looking at my options. But I need to make a decision asap!!! help please!!!
Old Nov 12, 2003 | 11:04 PM
Account Disabled

you guys are looking to do some really illegal shiet...i hadd a firens who really got his car stolen in mexico while he was down there for spring break...it was an 89 accord...POS...book value 2 years a go was like 3-4k....after the insurance claim...he ended up geting back aroung 7k just for going through all the trouble...of being down in mexico....so i hope that elps ya'll out...for those who have posted on this forum...i wouldnt even think about doing it now....people will be able to trace you back to this forum...and use it as fraud evidence against you...
Old Nov 13, 2003 | 06:05 AM

If you are behind on payments, call the financing company and try to work something out with them. I know several people who came on hard times and the finance companies were willing to work with them, until they got back on their feet. They would rather work with you, towards getting their money, than have it repo'd or you claiming bankrupt.
Old Nov 13, 2003 | 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

i did that b4 wit my old cavalier through gmac, b4 i got deployed 2 go 2 iraq i gave my car back its called a soldiers and sailiors relief act, its when u can give back your car and you dont owe anything, or it does not go against your credit , but 4 me it did when it wasent suppose 2 im still tryin 2 get that **** off my credit.
Old Nov 13, 2003 | 07:38 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

Re: voluntary repo... help!!!

Originally posted by Trixie03
I need some advice... I am 2 payments behind on my car. And I owe another one at the end of the month, I dont have a job, because I just moved to a completely different state, and am going through a divorce. I have to choice to get my car voluntarily repo'ed or ummm.... Im not really sure. I need help. I am 19 years old and am lost as to what I should do. He cant take the car because he just bought another new car. I owe $21,000 on my car and I think it only books at like 16,000??? not really sure though... I know that if it getsd repo'ed that I am going to take a hit on my credit, but is it as bad as if it isnt voluntary? And I know that they will most likely send it to auction, and then I will have to pay whats left right??? I am broke, and I want to go to school... Im in so much trouble right now... help... now also, lets say i pay the 2 back payments, and my car mysteriously disappears... how easy is it to collect the insurance money??? Im not really knowing what to do right now, just looking at my options. But I need to make a decision asap!!! help please!!!
So, you want to commit fraud against your insurance company, with our help? Just want to be sure on that. If so, then no. Why do my rates keep escalating? Fraudulent claims is one of the reasons. Posting about it on a public message board is also not the wisest idea, but then you're getting a divorce at the age of 19 so I shouldn't be surprised. Let's say you do manage to make the car 'disappear,' who do you think is liable for the difference between the insurance payout and what you owe? I work for a law firm and we deal with bankruptcies, foreclosures, and replevins. Most people get into trouble because they hide in the corner and think that lenders will simply stop bothering them. Speak to them and explain your situation. Legal fees are expensive, it will cost them a minimum of $1,000 to get judgement against you and they still might not have their property back. They should be more willing to work with you than take legal action, so speak to them and explain your situation. Also, stay away from those companies that claim they can repair your credit and get your monthly payments lowered, you can do that all yourself with a few phone calls. If you can't be bothered then just do what everyone else does and file bankruptcy.
Old Nov 13, 2003 | 10:57 AM

A friend of mine did a voluntary repo with a Blazer that had a huge principle to value ratio(got into a really bad lease). The problem for him was that he wanted to start getting ready to buy a house in the following years, but didn't want his credit to get screwed up. When he got his notice for the balance from the auction of his Blazer, he just worked out a payment schedule that drug out the payment and was considerably less than his monthly car payment.

I don't know if all car companies or lenders are the same, but he didn't have to pay interest on the amount and it kept it from being a huge mark on his credit. It still went on his credit as a voluntary repo, but when he finally bought his house 2 years later it was just a matter of doing a letter of explanation. One of many that most first time home buyers end up writing to explain their past, I know I had to write a few.

A voluntary repo with a payment plan for a balance is a hell of a lot easier to deal with or explain to a new potential creditor than just trying to blow off what you owe and having a major negative mark on your credit report. Think about your future, not just what's happening to you today. You'll have to live with this decision, as well as any other financial decisions you're probably contemplating right now that can affect your credit report, for the next seven years.
Old Nov 16, 2003 | 08:14 PM

as if people actually think i was going to make my car accidently disappear!!! haha!!! i just wanted to know what would happen... i do have a conscience you know. haha, as if!!! no, i was just wondering if anyone else was in my same situation... maybe get soem words of encouragement, to know that Im not the opnly one going through this ****! **** as if people are going to try and get all pissy saying that i want to commit insurance fraud, you guys are all kinda weird...haha! i thought it was pretty funny what people were saying and decided to participate... I have actually since then, made the payments on my car, and am doing just wonderful thank you very much!!!!
Old Nov 16, 2003 | 08:25 PM

Re: Re: voluntary repo... help!!!

Originally posted by UFO

So, you want to commit fraud against your insurance company, with our help? Just want to be sure on that. If so, then no. Why do my rates keep escalating? Fraudulent claims is one of the reasons. Posting about it on a public message board is also not the wisest idea, but then you're getting a divorce at the age of 19 so I shouldn't be surprised. Let's say you do manage to make the car 'disappear,' who do you think is liable for the difference between the insurance payout and what you owe? I work for a law firm and we deal with bankruptcies, foreclosures, and replevins. Most people get into trouble because they hide in the corner and think that lenders will simply stop bothering them. Speak to them and explain your situation. Legal fees are expensive, it will cost them a minimum of $1,000 to get judgement against you and they still might not have their property back. They should be more willing to work with you than take legal action, so speak to them and explain your situation. Also, stay away from those companies that claim they can repair your credit and get your monthly payments lowered, you can do that all yourself with a few phone calls. If you can't be bothered then just do what everyone else does and file bankruptcy.
I never said that I was going to make my car just disappear, ok!? I was just wondering what the hell would happen! Excuse me for wanting to know!Everyone was talking about it, and I just wanted to know what happens when a person actually does it. I have a conscience a big one, and I could never ever do something like that... And who the hell are you to comment on anything about me!!!??? Where do you think you get off talking about my personal life(ie. my marriage and my age). For your info, I have made the payments on my car, and my car insurance and am no longer getting a divorce. So... thanks for making me feel like a complete idiot for asking a question... Why dont you go and find the thread where they were talking about burying your car and reporting it stolen, then collecting the insurance money, and digging up the parts later and selling them!!!! I just asked a question!!! I didnt suggest that!!!!!
Old Nov 16, 2003 | 08:47 PM
UFO
Evolved Member

Re: Re: Re: voluntary repo... help!!!

Originally posted by Trixie03

I never said that I was going to make my car just disappear, ok!? I was just wondering what the hell would happen! Excuse me for wanting to know!Everyone was talking about it, and I just wanted to know what happens when a person actually does it. I have a conscience a big one, and I could never ever do something like that... And who the hell are you to comment on anything about me!!!??? Where do you think you get off talking about my personal life(ie. my marriage and my age). For your info, I have made the payments on my car, and my car insurance and am no longer getting a divorce. So... thanks for making me feel like a complete idiot for asking a question... Why dont you go and find the thread where they were talking about burying your car and reporting it stolen, then collecting the insurance money, and digging up the parts later and selling them!!!! I just asked a question!!! I didnt suggest that!!!!!
You posted your personal life on here, not me. Therefore, I have every reason to talk about it. You can backtrack all you like, that's fine, but you're not fooling anybody about your intentions. If you hadn't noticed, I also gave you some advice but you conveniantly skipped that part.
Old Nov 18, 2003 | 12:13 PM

my intentions??????? my intentions were to find out what the hell would happen! ok? is that alright with you??? Im not making my car disappear, like i said i have a conscience... and obviously you cant just get away with something like that. The conseguences are far more harsh, than just finding a wayto pay for the damn car! stop making me sound like such a bad person!
Old Dec 29, 2004 | 11:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xphillipjrx
I am a mortgage banker and I view credit reports all the time. Voluntary repos always have a balance owed because the auction price is lower than what you owed at the time you gave it back.

I am sure the finance company would be willing to strike a deal for the balance, but I have yet to see a person pay up. If you couldn't pay for the car while you owned it, why would you pay for it after you turn it in?
If a customer vol. reposesses a car, the car sells at auction, then the customer is responible for the deficiency balance.
Old Dec 29, 2004 | 11:50 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by JDM_EVOVIII
If a customer vol. reposesses a car, the car sells at auction, then the customer is responible for the deficiency balance.
Over a year later

Quick Reply: Voluntary Repossession