Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Just got Lancer GTS 2009 and have few qustions.Plz Help

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2009, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got Lancer GTS 2009 and have few qustions.Plz Help

Hi,

I just got my new 09 Lancer GTS with CVT and S&S package.It wicked white and my first car.

I have few questions.

(1)With fast key when I lock or unlock car doors.It doesnt make sound like single or double "beep".It just flash the signal light.If any one know how to turn the beep/horn on when locking and unlocking door with F.A.S.T key plz post the answer.

(2)When going through info button when ignition is in "ON".First one is A odometer second one is B odometer but on Third push I doesnt get the service reminder message like how many months or kilometer untill next service.I just get OFF letter.Why is that?

(3)I have chose S&S package.Plz tell me where are my 9 speaker located.I have found two tweeters on piller and two speaker on front door and two on rear door and one subwoofer.Where are other two speaker?

Thanx in advance.

Vivroy
Old Feb 2, 2009, 03:29 PM
Evolving Member

Either in your dash or mounted under the rear deck. I thought the sun and sound package was the same speaker setup as the reg gts(I have 6 speakers) plus a sub and the rockford gear.

not sure about the other parts...i dont have the fast key and other than it telling me I am late for scheduled service it is there for me.

Last edited by Stuntfly02; Feb 2, 2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

With my fast key, the lights flash and u can here the click I guess of it locking or unlocking.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

yea, i just click twice to hear the honk confirmation of locking the doors

and i just watch for the flashes and sound of unlocking the doors
Old Feb 2, 2009, 09:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice choice i got the same WW w/ S&S package
Old Feb 3, 2009, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

The rear door speakers are both mid-range driver and a tweeter. That is where the other two speakers are at. If you have NAV in your car then you can change the way your car beeps, honks, or whatever confirmation you want when you lock the car. Just look in the manual and you'll find out how to change this option

Adam
Old Feb 3, 2009, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by adamkean
The rear door speakers are both mid-range driver and a tweeter. That is where the other two speakers are at. If you have NAV in your car then you can change the way your car beeps, honks, or whatever confirmation you want when you lock the car. Just look in the manual and you'll find out how to change this option

Adam
Hi,Thank you for your reply.I have looked into manual regarding car beep/horn sound and signal light flash adjustment using F.A.S.T key but its not working.

It says to press lock key for 4 to 10 seconds and pressing unlock key @ the same time and releasing unlock key first and within 10 secons releasing unlock key, release lock key.

It just isnt documented very well.I guess I have to take to dealer to enable this feature.

If any one here know how to do it or tell me if I am doing some thing wrong. Plz tell me step by step guidance.

Vivroy

Read more >> Options >>

Old Feb 3, 2009, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE=vivroy;6646811]

It says to press lock key for 4 to 10 seconds and pressing unlock key @ the same time and releasing unlock key first and within 10 secons releasing unlock key, release lock key.

QUOTE]

Huh? What exactly are you trying to do? Get the car to beep when u press lock once?
Old Feb 3, 2009, 03:46 PM

[quote=mmartahus;6647238]
Originally Posted by vivroy

QUOTE]

Huh? What exactly are you trying to do? Get the car to beep when u press lock once?

Yes.

But its not working the way shown in manual.

Vivroy.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 10:21 PM
Evolved Member

why not jus press button on door handle to lock car..or go to dealer theyre supposed to know