Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

When will Injen finish CAI and Exhaust for 09 2.4L Lancer GTS?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2009, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When will Injen finish CAI and Exhaust for 09 2.4L Lancer GTS?

I've been waiting patiently and wanting to get some feedback from anyone who knows when they will finish or if they even have started. Did they get the test car they needed? Sigh i wish they finished soon...
Old Apr 20, 2009, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the CAI for the 2.4l engine has been tested with the new 2.4l intake and supposedly has gained +13hp compared to +2-3hp on the 2.4l engine with a 2.0 injen intake. im not sure how true these results are, dyno is on another forum.

the design of the cai is different but the maf holder is larger in diameter, not sure if this would help produce a +11hp gain...anybodys inputs.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 05:45 AM

Any word on MPG impact?
Old Apr 21, 2009, 10:03 AM
Former Sponsor

The 2.4 will be out soon, INJEN has shared pictures with us about their 2.4L version. And the results will be impressive. Its a tuned 2.4 version. For those who own the 2.0 version on their 2.4 lancer now would be a good time to put those intakes up for sale to make way for the new version. The resale value of the Injen intake is still going to be high.

http://www.evosoul.com/blog/?p=392 for the full interview

Originally Posted by jmh547
Any word on MPG impact?
If you dont drive crazy you should see an increase
Old Apr 21, 2009, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo_soul
The 2.4 will be out soon, INJEN has shared pictures with us about their 2.4L version. And the results will be impressive. Its a tuned 2.4 version. For those who own the 2.0 version on their 2.4 lancer now would be a good time to put those intakes up for sale to make way for the new version. The resale value of the Injen intake is still going to be high.

http://www.evosoul.com/blog/?p=392 for the full interview

If you dont drive crazy you should see an increase

considering selling mine, evo_soul anythoughts about doing an independent dyno of the two, or any idea if injen is interested in someone doing an independent dyno of the two on a 2.4l engine ?
Old Apr 21, 2009, 12:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by lancer0220
considering selling mine, evo_soul anythoughts about doing an independent dyno of the two, or any idea if injen is interested in someone doing an independent dyno of the two on a 2.4l engine ?
I am sure INJEN will be in the second round of testing for the 2.4L, their 2.0L will go thru a second pass to officially rate the maximum power.

But things are getting more exciting, other companies are joining in the testing for short rams as well as more intakes for the EVO X. that is set for early summer.

in the end of summer there might be a comprehensive exhaust benchmarking

Mobil 1 has been very helpful in sponsoring our dyno efforts this winter

Cheers
Old Apr 21, 2009, 02:40 PM
Account Disabled

^ why SRIs? SRIs in general tend to put out lower numbers i think more CAIs are what we need.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 04:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by LuDa
^ why SRIs? SRIs in general tend to put out lower numbers i think more CAIs are what we need.
why test SRIs? well, if i didnt you can bet all the SRI fans out there wouldnt let me rest.

In general, it all depends on design. some SRI's can yield big gains, but they have to get it just right. CAI gain an advantage because its easier to get colder air into the engine. but some SRIs with a proper heat shield can create a good numbers as well.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 03:14 PM

I had a CAI on my Dodge Avenger, it decided to rain... A LOT...one day on my way home. Long story short CAI+Flash Flood=OH S#!T. Car sputtered but luckily there was no damage. I think I'd rather have a SRI after that.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 04:10 PM
Former Sponsor

that said, if there is a flash flood and your know your in trouble. Stop, pull over. take a nap chill.

just dont go thru deep water.

I remember here in Toronto a few years ago, Finch street was screwed, yet i saw two performance cars try to go thru a street that was washed away due to a failed watermain. haha both cars get hydro locked. a RSX and a Accord.

the look on the RSX guys face was priceless. WTF!!!!! :O

the accord guy was just stunned in his car looking like
Old Apr 22, 2009, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo_soul
that said, if there is a flash flood and your know your in trouble. Stop, pull over. take a nap chill.

just dont go thru deep water.

I remember here in Toronto a few years ago, Finch street was screwed, yet i saw two performance cars try to go thru a street that was washed away due to a failed watermain. haha both cars get hydro locked. a RSX and a Accord.

the look on the RSX guys face was priceless. WTF!!!!! :O

the accord guy was just stunned in his car looking like

this is true, if u have a cai and you hear ppl around saying yeah its gonna rain alot in 2 days for a few days or its gonna get pretty bad then just switch out the cai to the stock air box, for the lancer all u gott ado is remove the upper portion and your done.

ive done this twice in 5 months no hassle, better safe than sorry.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 08:57 AM

Or just get a air bypass valve
Old Apr 23, 2009, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MujahidMD
Or just get a air bypass valve
bypass valves basically kill the performance if any gained by a CAI, plus they are ugly.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 10:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by lancer0220
bypass valves basically kill the performance if any gained by a CAI, plus they are ugly.
Its just not needed. i have logged over 400,000 km of driving in the last 10 or so two cars with a CAI and never had a problem. Both of them injen intakes. No bypass valve.

nothing will happen to your car unless you submerge. and its not easy to do. to be honest you have to be pretty unlucky, or pretty "stupid"** most of the time its just unlucky. but there are times when people should not do something. but they go thru with it thinking " oh i should be alright" lol bang. and then they come onlne and say, I dont understand how this could have happend lol haha

Bottom line

Even if your intake gets wet, I saw i guy leave his car idling, spray a hose on it for a second on a exposed intake. nothing. its gotta suck the water up to do damage. its not easy