Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Describe you dents, dings and any other damage!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2003, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Describe you dents, dings and any other damage!

I wanted to start this and have people describe any damage to their cars from minor to major. Here goes my list with full details on how things were damaged.

1.) First thing that was ever damaged was my rear bumper, I was rear ended by a lady in a beamer yakking on her cell phone at a stop light. I had just put my car into first to go and all of a sudden I felt my whole car jerk. At first I thought I had hopped it and killed it but then looked in my rearview mirror and saw the lady motioning all crazy. She tried to stop me from callin the cops but I know better. It dented the left side of where it forms into the license plate slot. Not too noticeable, but enough that it peeved me.

2.) Not once, not twice, but three times I've had the garage door slammed on my back bumper, once by my mom and twice by my brother. Only small scratches, but still noticeable when up close.

3.) I was out lookin for my boyfriend at the time and had turned my headlights off as I crept through his friends driveway (he lives on a horse farm so it's gravel and windy with woods and ditches) with just my fogs on I managed to go off the driveway as I was speeding up to get out of there and went into a pretty deep hole that warped my front bumper on the left side, put a few minor scrapes on the left side and cracked the skid plate on the left side off completely. Most of the damage is underneath so you can't see it, but since I know it's there and it's my fault it pisses me off.

4.) In an attempt to back up go forward, back up go forward to get out of my garage since my sister was parked behind me and I was too lazy to move it, I managed to slowly dent in the front passenger side quarter panel from an old washing maching we had sitting in the garage that was going to be thrown out. I saw that I was pulling it along but didnt realize I was severly denting my car. Again, I really pissed myself off for my stupidity.

5.) One drunken night while I was on the prowl searching for a friend who was also drunk and I did not want him to get in trouble I managed to "run" from the cops (thought it was my friend who I was lookin for and I decided to "Play" around) and roll my front passenger tire completely off the rim. I mangled the hell outta that rim. I had to be going pretty damn fast to do this, and to tell you the truth I don't even remember most of the chase (lesson learned) :Update....I have my license suspended for underage drinking for that little stint, never again, luckily I get it back Oct. 3, but only after a hellish 3 months.

6.) Last but not least, I have no idea how it happened, but I have a HUGE chip of paint missing on my driver side rear door handle, my friend pointed it out to me a few days ago. I'm severely pissed, most likely from my brother or his friends taking their bikes or scooters in and out of the garage when it sat there for three months, I told my parents I needed to get a car cover!

And so as you can see I have numerous pieces to fix, if anyone knows where I can find cheap replacements for any of these, please let me know. It sucks havin such a f*cked up car!

Last edited by FlashAngel; Sep 25, 2003 at 05:59 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2003, 06:13 PM

right door banged in a grip cuz someone hit n runned my ryde at the mall
Old Sep 25, 2003, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

i got key marks all over my car...... and random scratches........ and on my hood i have a paint chip about ----- big and its all rusting and stuff.. and it sucks :-\ ... and uhh... also on my hood.. it looks like someone took steel wool or a brilo pad or somethin and rubbed it on there.. cuz i can't really describe the way it looks i got scratches and dings on my front bumper... etc.. from the roads around here... and that about covers all the stuff thats wrong with my car!! >

-rob
Old Sep 25, 2003, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

I think this is already a thread out there with all this, but oh well.

1) at a church function backed into a spot against the curb. There was a good 3 feet between my pasenger side and the line. Still someone managed to open there door and ding my car door twice. Of all places, then they had the ***** to drive off. That one pissed me off.

2) Some ahole rear ended me on the way to my early morning composition class at SPC. My car jerked forward and I blew it off, then I saw the dudes headlights in my passenger mirror. I hoped out of the car to talk to him about it. He was wasted as anything and told me he didn't hit my f'ing car even though his car was touching mine. Bastard took off. Anyways no real damage done just had to wipe off the paint from his front vanity plate from off my bumper.
Old Sep 25, 2003, 07:40 PM
Evolving Member

1) rear ended by a 16 yr old. deep scratches and dents on my bumper and my exhaust was bent.

2) several small dents on each of my doors.

3) scratches from other peoples vehicles & key scratches

4) i found a shopping cart new my driver's back door. it scraped the door and left a few lines of scratches & the paint is now coming off

P.S. i just got another parking ticket at school today, i believe its my f&$%@#^ 5th ticket or so!!! i guess with my lancer being my first car & brand new, its brought me bad luck?..
Old Sep 25, 2003, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

For everyone with little dings. I suggest going to Mtsu dealer. They will sell you touch up paint for 5 dollars. It's liek a marker, one end with your color and the other with a clear coat. Even if you don't want to put the color over the ding or scratch, put the clearcoat over it to keep it from rusting.

Myself:

-One scratch in the rear driver side dorr from my friend's watch. Thanks!

-One dent right behind that same door. About this wide -------. Not that big. Probably from someones door in a parking lot.

-And then a few sap spots that I had accidentally left and they dried up. I got most of it off, but still a little remains.

-Like hundreds of little rust dost forming on my trunk and rear bumper. (Good thing for a new body kit Im gettting replaces the bumper). I touched up all the little spots with the clear coat paint thing form Mitsu.

-And last, a few dings on my hood from rocks and stuff from the road. Soon to geta CF hood anyways. So I have plans to fix all my little problems with my car.
Old Sep 25, 2003, 09:40 PM

Re: Describe you dents, dings and any other damage!

Originally posted by FlashAngel
3.) I was out lookin for my boyfriend at the time and had turned my headlights off as I crept through his friends driveway (he lives on a horse farm so it's gravel and windy with woods and ditches)

Is it just me or does that sound kind of psycho....stalking!!!!!!
Old Sep 26, 2003, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

Hey pumpdog, are you sure about the clear coat? I got the touch-up for my lightning yellow OZ and it's more like my wifes fingernail polish, no clearcoat.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 04:05 PM

Re: Re: Describe you dents, dings and any other damage!

Originally posted by UglyAngelX

Is it just me or does that sound kind of psycho....stalking!!!!!!

You would have to know about my ex, he constantly cheated on me, never told the truth about where he was and basically treated me like crap. Don't ask me why I stayed with him as long as I did, but that's what I did was yes, basically stalk to find out the truth. Once I did, I dumped his ***!

Also, I'd like to add to my list of dings, I have tons of chips of paint missin outta my front bumper and hood due to rocks, went to my mitsu dealer and they gave me touch up paint (free because the general manager likes me and just gave it to me no charge), but it wasn't one that came with a clear coat on one end, just paint like nasdale said, looked like nailpolish bottle. I then waxed like a **** over the paint after I touched it up.

Last edited by FlashAngel; Sep 26, 2003 at 04:07 PM.
Old Sep 27, 2003, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

got random scratches, a deep key scratch that runs along the whole driver side of my car, and some random scrathces on the rear bumber....it sucks but whataya gonna do