Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

RIPPMODS One year sale and SDS Power Pages Forum launch

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2003, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RIPPMODS One year sale and SDS Power Pages Forum launch

Hey guys,

On behalf of my crew and I here at RIPP Modifications, Inc. we would to thank the board for being so hospitable to us. We sincerely mean it when we say we are truly honored to be able to make products for such a dedicated group of individuals.

The SDS (Supercharger Drive System) was started just little over a year ago with the hopes to be able to sell 20 in that same year. That year 2002, having been launched in September yielded 44 units before Christmas time. We were over whelmed at the numbers of you who invested into our system, and we thank all of you for being so eager to keep us going.

Now having closed one year of SDS sales, we have sold over 175 units combined, and we again are honored to be able to provide our services to all of you. We knew we had a winning product, and we knew we needed to get it in your hands, but our product spared no expense, and left little room for profit in the end, so now, having restructured a bit, and having caught the attention of our suppliers, we are restocking, with new pricing, with any luck we may be able to keep this pricing level but time will tell with our stocking orders.

We also want to announce RIPP’s own SDS Power pages, a RIPP SDS centered chatting forum, to share information about different set ups and installation experiences, as well as get more direct tech info. You can post your installation questions and get up to date product info, as well as share suspension and tuning advice. We have assembled some of the best SDS owners in the country, with over a year’s experience, to help share info and guide you’re through any problems you may encounter, and to them we owe a debt of gratitude, thanks guys, couldn’t have done it with out you.

With the launch of our RIPP SDS Power Pages we will also be launching our one year SALE TO END ALL SALES, sale. It will include savings that have never been had before, not even in group buy form, on all our product line, including all the SDS programs and accessories (Sale does not include theV6 6G72 header program, as that is already on sale at the moment).

The sale will be help in the fashion of a group buy with deposits required, and as always, we will allow you adequate time to pay off you purchase, and as always, please, once you are committed to the product, keep in mind we are paying for inventory on an as need bases, with the hopes of being able to double our order to keep prices down. We are trying once again to bring a stellar product worthy of the retail price list down to more affordable levels, so more of you can have fun and join our SDS family.

In closing, we would like to also thank the Moderators of the current boards, for letting us in and allowing us to flex our ability, we truly are committed to keeping you and your groups RIPP Modified, because, we won’t sell it unless we would own it, and we would never want to jeopardize our good standing with the hosting forums. Thanks for allowing us to bring to your communities our relentless need to provide information about our product and our company, we know what it takes to keep the piece, I hope we weren’t too much trouble.

Sincerely
Ross Esposito
Owner CEO
RIPP Modifications, Inc.
Staten Island NY, 10305
718-442-4723
www.rippmods.com

Link:
http://www.rippmods.com/forum/default.asp

This link has been added to the top of our home page, all of you with login in info to our main web site, DO NOT NEED TO REREGISTER, just use your old ID and password, for the new comers, please follow the steps for getting an ID and login password.

For the moment, we ask any of you experiencing problems with the forum, to email our web designers here support@rippmods.com, and they will help correct the problem, so all of you can post and browse. There are more features to our forum that we choose not to bring to life now, with hopes of getting any internal bugs worked out first, then introducing new fun features are we go along.

We ask all of you to post any questions you may have regarding our products in our new forums so we can keep better track of them for you. In the past we always had to search around for your questions, many times missing them and looking as though we may not care enough to search for them. This is purely not the case, we make several SDS kit now, with a few more on the way, so our time is being divided up into smaller and smaller parts. Our solution was to bring the question to us in a familiar environment, a public forum, were all can benefit from the question and answer. We invite you all to participate, and we ask that you keep the same etiquette required in RIPP friendly forums; we are here to help not to take posters, or cause conflict, this move is strictly to help center our questions, to be answered in a more timely fashion.

Regards,
Dave M.
Rippsales@rippmods.com
718-442-4723
Old Sep 30, 2003, 06:51 PM
Evolving Member

????So when is the system coming out for the lancer?
Old Sep 30, 2003, 08:37 PM
Evolving Member

Man... so.. when are we going to see a Road Race Motorsports vs Ripp Modifications Lancer shoot out??? that would be real interesting... but anyway... Got a couple of questions

1.) Have you guys tweeked the kit to produce anymore power than what's on BlazenOZ's car?

2.) How much is the cost for a system? and what does it come with?

3.) Did the numbers that came from BlazenOZ's car numbers for a intercooled supercharger?

4.) Until when is your sale? and at what price will a SDS system be sold at?
Old Sep 30, 2003, 08:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by twinkiemobile
Man... so.. when are we going to see a Road Race Motorsports vs Ripp Modifications Lancer shoot out??? that would be real interesting... but anyway... Got a couple of questions

1.) Have you guys tweeked the kit to produce anymore power than what's on BlazenOZ's car?

2.) How much is the cost for a system? and what does it come with?

3.) Did the numbers that came from BlazenOZ's car numbers for a intercooled supercharger?

4.) Until when is your sale? and at what price will a SDS system be sold at?
I just saw on their site/forums the sale price of the system. Its about 3010 on sale for like 3 months and there is a menthol intercooler setup that adds 30 more hp and blazes car is going to be tuned again in a week or so to add more hp. hope that helps
Old Sep 30, 2003, 08:54 PM
Evolving Member

wow...i agree a Ripp vs. RRM showdown would be tyte. I think its awesome we now got a supercharger to throw under our hoods. And that's a really good price...its just too too bad i'm broke
Old Sep 30, 2003, 10:30 PM
Evolving Member

cool thanks a lot illizit... man.. wow 3010... hmmm.. wonder if that's intercooled or not.. hope it is.. beacuse if it is.. i'm sold... i would rather go turbo but price is kinda steep for turbo + intercooler + Reflash
Old Oct 1, 2003, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

You can find the answeres to these questions here:

http://www.rippmods.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16

Rippmods
Old Oct 1, 2003, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

wait... so i read this and the rippmod forums.... if i understand correctly -- the full setup (ready to be install and go in the same day... dont need to buy anything else type deal..) is $3000 and $499 extra for an ic--- correct... and you can do monthly payments???? or something??? (i believe thats is how i read it anyways..) ----- does this kit fit the auto tranny lancer yet?!? if so... i'm probably 100% ready to purchase the kit!! -- i can't get the rrm turbo kit because i can't right a check for $3000 or anything.. and i can't do monthly payments.. etc :-\ .. oh well..

thanks!

- rob
Old Oct 2, 2003, 04:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by lancerozr
the full setup (ready to be install and go in the same day... dont need to buy anything else type deal..)
They mention you'll need headers and suggest the RPW ones.
-N
Old Oct 2, 2003, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, what is the deposit, pay it off deal.
Old Oct 3, 2003, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

In honor of the first year in business with our SDS program, Ripp Modifications will be having a one year anniversary sale running from 9/22/03 thru 11/10/03 on all SDS systems.

To date we have sold over 175 SDS kits combined and we would like to pass this huge savings on to you. Traditionally we have had Group buys with a huge success and this will be a sale to end all sales!

All kits come complete with the proper parts and an easy to follow, fully illustrated instructions guide with step by step tips. There is also a TECH line you can call with any questions you may have during your installation of the system, and someone will help trouble shoot any problems you encounter.

All systems will include a one year warranty on Drive and a two year on the supercharger available through RIPP Modifications Inc.
Installation will be offered at an additional cost of $800-$1000 per unit and includes (Free) any tuning involved.

Prices are as follows:
1.Lancer OZ edition 5speed or Auto.
Retail: $3344.95
Sale: $3077.35

Options:
Boost cooler Methanol/water injection system, digitally controlled. This system will add 30 additional WHP and cool intake temperatures down to 127 degrees.
Retail: $499.95
Sale: $449.95

See this products full description in the product section of rippmods.com

Polyurethane front motor:
This will stop unneeded wheel hop and keep the power where it belongs, on the ground. This unit installs in minutes and will give you the best bang for the buck.
Retail: $69.95
Sale: $59.95

Fully polished SDS:
Bring out the show quality in our SDS with a mirror shine, we offer fully polished units ready to go.
Retail: $249.95
Sale: $199.95

Best Regards,
Dave Miller
rippmods@rippmods.com
718-442-4723
Old Oct 3, 2003, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

any payment plans you guys willing to accept.....
.....put a down payment, pay monthly... kind
of deal.....?
Old Oct 3, 2003, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

You can pay off the item, Then your last payment we`ll ship out the SDS, or you can come pick it up....
Theres more sale info at www.rippmods.com in the forum section.

Dave
Rippmods.com
Old Oct 3, 2003, 12:50 PM

i wonder if i were to go with sc.. how am i gonna get it to you to install.. and wat should i do if i were to smog check?
Old Oct 3, 2003, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, I thought superchargers were generally much cheaper than turbo setups. Looks like I was wrong here.

I doubt I would be able to install a supercharger any easier than I would a turbo and I definately couldn't install a turbo myself as with 99.99999999999999999% of people wanting this mod. Must be nice to live in a state where companies are producing these mods cause most shops won't take the liability of installing this stuff without giving you the chop!

Say bye bye to those fingers.

Quick Reply: RIPPMODS One year sale and SDS Power Pages Forum launch