Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

who knew 5mph could do so much damage

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2009, 07:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4000 damage - 1000 deductible = 3000 insurance company has to pay to fix it..

OR pay you 6000 to write it off? then sell it at an auction for more than 3000 to make it more profitable to write it off..

They have this system of what makes the most sense..

Your value for the car depends on the local value of other people selling theirs. Not what a stupid book says.. Peroid. They are going to write it off.. give you 6000 then sell it to make up for the loss... which means they expect your car to be worth alot to them resale.

So just argue with them, show them it will cost atleast 8K+ to buy a used one somewhere around your year, options, milage. (or whatever your car is actually being sold for in that area)

Im sure the cost estimate has gone up but still the numbers speak for themself.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 03:02 PM

Wow, that sucks man. I have that same style front on my lancer and after seeing what 5mphs does to it... really makes it ugly. Well i hope all goes well and that you got something out of it from your father lol.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rench91
well, got a call from the insurance company, they are writing it off as totaled. apparently 5mph does enough damage to exceed the value of the car. funny thing is i kept the car in great condition the whole time i had it. washed twice a week inside and out. a little overboard but i hate a dirty car. engine was always serviced wen it was supposed to be. blah blah blah. they are gonna give me 4500 for the car and leave me to pay off the rest of the car.wtf is the point of having insurance if all there gonna do is this ****.
Argue with the insurance company that this is unfair and that the car is worth more than they are offering...demand they get it fixed or give you a car of same year with all the upgrades...speak to the insurance ombusman, as they can often help. I had a friend who had the same thing happen...he didn't give up and now the insurance company has decided to fix his car...he was becoming a bother to them...lol.