Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

08 lancer radiator

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2009, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 lancer radiator

I thought I saw this posted on here before but I searched and couldn't find it.

I just wanted to know if the radiator off an Evo X will fit into an 08 Lancer. More specifically, if the Mishimoto radiator will fit into an 08 lancer.

Also, anyone have any opinions on great looking front bumpers. I haven't been active on the forums in awhile and havent seen any of the new bumpers, if there are any.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

Anyone have any idea? Ive been searching and still can't find out. I need to know by tuesday though, thats when my radiator is being replaced.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

My radiator is still busted lol, does a stock 09+ Ralliart radiator fit into an 08 lancer GTS?
Old Sep 20, 2009, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aa
Old Sep 20, 2009, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

I would believe it would.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

I'll keep you guys updated, I think I might be the first to try putting an Evo X Mishimoto radiator and Mishimoto fans into a 08 Lancer. I got the Fan shroud and the Radiator 3 days ago, I'm just waiting for the Mishimoto Silicone hose kit to get here (UPS tracking says it won't be here until thursday). For now im stuck pulling over and pouring water into the radiator every 3 miles. I took a video to show how bad it is leaking 2 weeks ago, I guess I can put it on youtube and post it on here. The radiator and fans do look beautiful though, if they don't fit i'll just sell them to someone with an Evo X lol.

I still can't find a front bumper that I like, I might just go with an Evo X conversion body kit, but I don't want to spend more than $1500 for the kit, install, and paint.

P.S. What does "aa" mean?

P.P.S. Here is the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv88rEQ1Evc

Last edited by Bladed; Sep 28, 2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 11:42 PM
Evolving Member

The Mishimoto Radiator fits PERFECTLY. It mounted up to the stock fans (Long story short, the store on ebay that I bought the fans and the radiator from sent me 2 radiators so I had to use my old fans). The AC condenser mounted perfectly too. The hoses had to be modified a little because I bought the Evo X silicone hose kit, but it was almost a perfect fit. This radiator is seriously 4 times the size of the stock one and you can tell its made from quality materials. It just feels better overall in your hands. I was suprised at how skimpy the stock one was, but installation overall was pretty easy. I took a lot of pics but unfortunatly my computer keeps shutting down every 5 mins so I have to post fast.
The following users liked this post:
Mikey G (Jan 26, 2021)
Old Oct 3, 2009, 08:19 AM

which radiator hose kit did you use? The samco one?

How does it perform now with the larger radiator in? Same performance or has it bogged? I hear some say that throwing in the larger radiator may potentially bog down performance

Also, i'm eager to see some pics!
The following users liked this post:
Krawler85 (Mar 7, 2021)
Old Oct 4, 2009, 10:40 PM
Evolving Member

I used the Mishimoto hose kit that was designed for the Evo X. I only replaced the hoses on the top. I don't really track my car too often, only a few auto-crosses a year, but you start to notice a difference after driving very hard for a few minutes. I have a CVT transmission and occasionally I push the car hard and keep it at redline in D mode for a few seconds, or go fast, brake hard, and go fast again, ect. Usually I notice the engine isn't as responsive and doesn't pick up speed as fast after driving it too hard. With the new radiator, it never slows down after hard driving. I can keep it at redline in D mode for 15 seconds, come to a complete stop, and then break-launch the car and notice the same performance as if I didn't drive hard at all. With my old radiator, after driving it at redline for 10 seconds (or even doing a brake/gas launch) it would be a lot slower in picking up speed, and continually get slower. I haven't calculated 0-60 times or 1/4 mile times with the new radiator, but before if I did runs back to back, my times would always get slower and slower the more I tried if I didn't let the car cool down. I have a feeling I'll get consistent times with the new radiator without having to wait for the car to cool down.

08 lancer radiator-img_0974.jpg

08 lancer radiator-img_0970.jpg

08 lancer radiator-img_0978.jpg

08 lancer radiator-img_0972.jpg

08 lancer radiator-img_0986.jpg

I took a lot more pics but im too lazy and tired right now to upload them lol. I'm also not very good at taking pics as you can see, these pics were taken with a Canon 50D and they look like I took them with my iPhone or G1.

Last edited by Bladed; Oct 4, 2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 07:02 AM

Sorry to grave dig,

What did you have to do specifically to get the hoses to fit and work correctly?

</bump>
Old Apr 19, 2010, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

only the hoses on the top fit, the bottom pieces I still have in the original box in my closet lol. And for the top section they pretty much just fit in place of the stock ones except the one on the left I had to cut about an inch off to make it fit a little better. If you use a stock radiator, you shouldn't have to cut any of them.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 12:06 AM

Cool, thanks for that bud.

I was concerned about the fitment around the throttle body, as it is clearly different between the 2 there.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 11:51 PM

Mishimoto Radiator

Do you Mind posting the Link to where you Bought it ? Thinking of doing the Same in a 2010 CVT GTS