Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

2008+ lancer OEM Navigation replacement. PICS!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2010, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just wanted to let you guys know that i installed the unit a few days ago and it works great! Here is a mini review of what i like and dislike so far:

Pros:
perfect fit and finish (does not seem cheap at all even tho it was =P)

great sounding amp (need to raise the bass quite a bit as the default setting sounds really flat)

can use gps navigator and listen to music at the same time (gps uses igo maps which are great!)

can watch dvd's while driving (i know this is dangerous and i dont do it but just to let you know its there)

SD card reader/USB port so you can save your mp3's on any flash drive or SD card and can touch navigate to the various folders and play your files

existing steering wheel controls work (volume up/down and next/previous)

has a "night mode" button which turns off the display but still plays the music

Cons:
ipod dock doesnt allow me to view and navigate my way through my songs/menus in a list like the USB/SD reader does. i can only touch "next" and "previous" (i have a 1st gen nano 2gb)...this bothered me alot at first but once i saw how neat and organized it lists your files with the usb port, i went out and bought a 64GB flash drive and organized all my songs on there

long dvd/cd read time (about 10-15 seconds which is quite long if u sit there and count)

reverse cam disables all radio controls (imagine you start your car and put it in reverse to start backing up out of your driveway...during this time the unit is booting up and "reading" your cd that you had on blasting last night and begins to play half way down the driveway and you cannot lower the volume....lol this happened to me)

pressing any button while in "night mode" causes the unit to leave night mode (i wish it would allow you to at least raise and lower the volume with the display still off)

bluetooth steering wheel controls do not work (this is not a problem tho because the unit has its own bluetooth system/mic and it works good)

Thats all i have so far guys..ill keep you posted if i experience other things (good and bad) with this system
but from what i can tell from right now ...this unit is amazing and over achieved my expectations for only ~$600
Old Mar 19, 2010, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

wow great find. im gonna get this when i can get the money for it.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 06:32 PM

This is not an Official Mitsubishi product!, Chinese made! i love china!!! i'm going to give it a try too
Old May 21, 2010, 08:28 AM

OEM NAV system

Good day Lancer's partners. I'm writing because I bought the OEM Nav System, and I'm having some problems, because it doesn't turns on. I plugged everything in and doesn't works. Also, I've noticed there are three small lights inside the canbus blinking. Is this normal? The pink cable that says speed, should i plugg it as ground cable?

I forgot to mention, my car has the non- RF system. Could anyone help me?

Thank you!
Old May 21, 2010, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by eduardo-evo
Good day Lancer's partners. I'm writing because I bought the OEM Nav System, and I'm having some problems, because it doesn't turns on. I plugged everything in and doesn't works. Also, I've noticed there are three small lights inside the canbus blinking. Is this normal? The pink cable that says speed, should i plugg it as ground cable?

I forgot to mention, my car has the non- RF system. Could anyone help me?

Thank you!
OEM Nav system as in the mitsu one or the replacement?
Old May 21, 2010, 10:19 AM

Hello mitsubsushi. The one that I bought is the replacing one, that is for sale in Ebay for about $600. When I turn on the parking lights, all the buttons of the HU turns on, however the head unit itself doesn't turns on!! . I don't know if this may be something with the canbus box, since I don't have the RF audio system in my car? or maybe the wiring does not fits the same? I will appreciate any help with this!!

Thanks
Old Jun 7, 2010, 04:01 PM

This is a worthwhile upgrade if it was plug and play.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

Hey I got the same one just installed it last weekend, love it so far
and for eduardo-evo I have heard of other having the same problem I believe that the solution was to go through all of the connection again and make sure it is installed correctly but if not you should check the thread on 9glancers talk for 10 or so pages on problems and solutions
Old Jun 10, 2010, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by wildes56
Hey I got the same one just installed it last weekend, love it so far
and for eduardo-evo I have heard of other having the same problem I believe that the solution was to go through all of the connection again and make sure it is installed correctly but if not you should check the thread on 9glancers talk for 10 or so pages on problems and solutions
Could u possibly take pics or videos of the this? Are u running this with the RF system? And which seller did u order from? Thanks.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 07:06 PM

Was gonna buy one off a user on this forum, but he bailed. This is what he did tell me though:

I rexomend you to buy it from eBay. It's a great product and everything works. Steering wheel ctrl, blue tooth etc
Old Sep 18, 2010, 03:13 PM
Evolving Member

I helped the mazda speed guys with this with these units and their bose amp. Its pretty simple. There RCA bundle on the HU has a brown remote amp wire you have to spice that into the remote turn on wire coming from your amp. Most times the amp remote turn on wire is already pinned out where the OEM and aftermarket harnesses meet but just pin'd in the wrong spot. I made a write up on my site even if its not identical it would be close enough to work cause I've helped others with differnt models but wiring is wiring. I pick up my evo next week If I get one of these i'll do a write up. Or if some one can post the wirign diag for the amp and the one they give you with the HU i can tell you what to do.

Last edited by Darksun280; Sep 18, 2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 09:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
anyone have anymore input on these? im thinking about picking one of these up soon, but i have the foresgate system and i want to keep my steering wheel controls, not so much concerned about the blutooth but i do want the other two parts to work...

anyone have any updates on this?
Old Dec 10, 2010, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by spydahman
Has anyone got this to work with the Rockford sound system?

It looks like steering wheel controls won't work with it. What about with bluetooth.. all is still good to go?
I was going to ask the same question too.
Because I own a 2010 Lancer GTS with the built in 10 and 4 speaker with 2 tweeter's RockFord speaker's as well.

I'm looking into getting a Pioneer,brand,that way I can hook my Iphone up too instead of these red and white wire's with the AUX entry for the Iphone even though I have bluetooth already enabled

Are the Lancer's single or double den? More specifically 2010 Lancer GTS. Look's very similar like this one shown and I would say single or could you put double den deck in a single den radio slot?
Old Dec 11, 2010, 01:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the lancer is def a double
Old Dec 12, 2010, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Evo10HKS
the lancer is def a double
All year's?

Quick Reply: 2008+ lancer OEM Navigation replacement. PICS!!!