Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.
View Poll Results: Should I go for it?
dude, go for it! you\'ll get what you want this way
95.45%
dude... i wouldn\'t **** around if I was you... o_O
4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

oz-e's big accident insurance thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2003, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aww.. i'd be lost without my car too. i hope u get it back soon!
Old Dec 1, 2003, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

my car was gone from me for 3 days, i was going crazy!!
Old Dec 1, 2003, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

thursday i get the guy to give me a quote and after that, the fixing starts

thank you once again for the link

i hope i get my car in no more than 2 weeks
Old Dec 1, 2003, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

holy **** in the ***...
doc called me at work a few minutes ago...
my heart's not doing so good... if it weren't for the accident' i wouldn't have known, I wouldn't have gotten checked out if it weren't for the accident...

so 1. i lose my car.... 2. my heart's ****ed... GREAT!...

i'm gonna die aren't i... lol
Old Dec 3, 2003, 02:50 PM

So pretty much your lancer saved your life!!! you must treat it well. and sorry about your heart whats wrong w/ it.
Old Dec 3, 2003, 03:10 PM
Evolving Member

they said that in the accident and with like recent stress that i've been piling on myself... it like over excited my heart and like could easily have a heart attack if i don't calm down...

sux doesn't it...
Old Dec 4, 2003, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

dude.. your a dummy if you dont get a turbo with insurance money !!! Just get the rest of the parts from a JY and get a CF hood ))))))
Old Dec 4, 2003, 07:20 AM
Evolving Member

hehe, dude believe me... i'm gonna try to get as much **** as i could
I'm getting my estimate today, when i get back from it, and find out how much they're willing to give me (and btw... they said if i needed more money, they'll slap some more... NO QUESTIONS ASKED! as long as the mechanic sez "we need that ****", and yeah... he will lol) then imma go in here, and look for n e thing i can afford .

WISHETH ME-ETH... LUCK-ETH
Old Dec 4, 2003, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

i'm stuck in what i should do...

Y'all know that I got into a car accident recently, if not... go ahead and read about it on the link in my sig.

N E WAYS, i'm stuck between two things i've been offered to do...

1. go to one of my insurance's body shops (one in particular's about a block away) to get everything fixed on my car, and i won't have to deal with the insurance sending me over a check for my damages. Meaning, they'd get everything deducted from the insurance place in one shot, and how they said it "electronically" meaning I WONT' DEAL WITH STUPID **** HAHA...

2. Get the check for the amount that my insurrance ppl give me, and give it to this one mechanic that my friend refered me to. This can get me a possible kit, and a few extra gadgets that I may want.

on both ends I pretty much get this deal, which i think is pretty sweet: either end, if they see that they need n e more money to do ne more repairs AFTER the estimated amount that they'd give me... the insurance will pay it...
- if i go with option one, they'll fix n e thing, but wont get extra dough to get **** i'd want... they'd just buy OEM stuff.

- if i go with option two... well, let's just say the guy knows EXACTLY what i want, meaning the evoVII conversion kit, and well... he can get the insurance to pay for it... and still have the money to repair the internal damages done in the accident.

i want the kit cuz well... I WANT IT! plus I think I should go for it, since the front end's gonna get replaced n e ways, so why not go all the way? lol

at the same time... i'm like "ok seriously... these guys are being rather ****ing nice to me... they're pretty much hookin it up, and they are giving me a guarantee (life time non the less) that the car will be like brand spankin new for as long as i have it... I don't wanna **** n e thing up...

WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!?
Old Dec 4, 2003, 10:56 AM

JUST DO IT!!!
Old Dec 4, 2003, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

VIVA LE BUMP!
c'mon guys lol, don't leave me hanging like this :'(
Old Dec 4, 2003, 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

THANK YOU!! c'mon guys i need a few more votes, or up until my one friend calls me up... he knows where this mechanic is..lol
Old Dec 4, 2003, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

i think you should still just buy my lip from me lol.....its sick to get the conversion though, but if i got the evo VII kit i would want to get the side skirts and rear also just because the lines of the car won't be the same (front end will be much lower) i just saw a yellow lancer at the gas station with a kaminari front and OZ skirts and it looked horrible and there isn't that much of a difference i think as compared to the evo VII conversion. but if insurance covers everything that would be sick. good luck and hit me back later with your decision.....what does everyone else think? he is looking for feedback.
Old Dec 4, 2003, 11:16 AM
Evolving Member

why not just get the whole evo vii kit instead of the conversion then sell me your thunder gray rear lip and side skirts
Old Dec 4, 2003, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Good thing about insurance body shops is they KNOW how to paint VERY well. They also want to get you the best part to fix your car, so if you say you want a CF hood or trunk (havent looked at the damage areas yet) and that it will cost the same or even less as a OEM hood/trunk plus painting, they will usually bite. Bottom line...use your best judgement, car has to LOOK nice when finished too.