Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Can I Beat Boe???

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2004, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yah except half of the cars are in seprate cornors of the country would be cool though
Old Jan 4, 2004, 04:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would be down for that a weekend of me out driving all you fools. JK It would be fun.
Old Jan 4, 2004, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Drag racing..

(Hangs head in disgust)

(Just have to give you guys crap cause I have such issues with drag racing.. but who am I!)

Now if we were talking about fastest times at Road America, or Blackhawk Farms, or another sweet Road Course.. THEN we'd be talking about something wortwhile!

The one accomplishment too that Boe has managed is his car did what it did... and still runs... We could easily rig a car to do a one shot run... blow up by the end... but post a faster time... But again... Monkey's can drive in straight lines .
Old Jan 4, 2004, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

steve steve steve, dont be hatin, we're just comparing the speeds of the cars, not the skills of the driver or how the car is setup for a road course
Old Jan 4, 2004, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

Not hating... never hating Not my style and you know it Bob LOL.

If you want to compare cars for speed... then just get dyno numbers. those are true.... 1/4's are still cluttered with driver skill. I ran some simulated quarters to get mutliple gear dyno numbers and just changing a couple of things I carved a full second off my time... from 17.1 to 16.1 So very much driver .

I'd be 100 times more interested in dyno number differences than 1/4 miles. Show me big whp numbers... then I'll be happy. Do we even have a dyno from boe yet?

If I suck it up and do the turbo that I've layed out... yeah... sick and wrong LOL... I do have the benefit of being able to do all and any of the work myself which saves butloads of money.

But I don't know We'll see.

Just take the 40 bucks for the track time and add another 20-40 to it and get a dyno that we can all learn and benefit from. all things equal (aka equal drivers) the whp is going to be the factor (also assuming traction etc etc etc etc)
Old Jan 4, 2004, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

In PR, they will always have one of the fastest mirages/lancer when they are compared to Americans. We, for the most part, don't like to tune their car, just happy mods and run.

Just search the site, they have a RA lancer running a GT35R TC. How many American running a lancer want to tune their motor to run that massive setup?

I do like tuning, but it's an insane big TC for the motor.
Old Jan 5, 2004, 04:39 AM
Evolved Member

i dont even understand where they get that money other than the yayo, I just came back from mexico and if its anything like PR than its dirty as hell, btw Cozumel had some nice RHD lancers, and Altezza's
Old Jan 5, 2004, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

to beat boe you must first understand boe, which i have spent alot of time with and frankly still cant

j/k anyways alot of work would need to be done as he has mods that arent just bolt ons, he has alot of custom stuff done and also remember RRM has their drag lancer that they will be running soon.
Old Jan 5, 2004, 01:47 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Sorry, couldn't help it
Attached Images  
Old Jan 5, 2004, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

AMEN!!!!
Old Jan 5, 2004, 06:36 PM
EvoM Guru

Old Jan 5, 2004, 06:43 PM
EvoM Guru

I was the first to do it that doesn't mean that i can't be beaten but many people talk alot but no one calls for real and puts down the cash. Fact is i was the first and no one will ever take that title. All others need to put up the cash and quite dreaming about it... ROCK reads all these threads, though he may not post to it, and he knows who are the real players and who aren't.

1-562-906-0080

Last edited by Boeturbolancer; Jan 5, 2004 at 06:45 PM.
Old Jan 5, 2004, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

And props to Boe for being the first... and for pushing the envelope to start with. That's an accomplishment in the first place... And biggest kudos for being cool, helping out on the forums ton, and not ever being a dick about having the fastest car.

But I would like to see a dyno of the car currently... and a new quarter mile attempt..

(Hint. Hint. Hint.)

Last edited by sdhotwn; Jan 5, 2004 at 06:55 PM.
Old Jan 5, 2004, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

Boe i give you Mad props.. But I don't like the stock look. I have spend over 5,000 on looks and now its time to get some go. I will be visiting AMS since i live 5 minutes away and see what they can do for me. I m reallying trying to do this to beat some V8 mustangs and camaros that my buddys have. Its more of a personal goal now. What does every one think a lancer can run in the QTR mile on the stock engine block? Can we make a stronger Block?
Old Jan 5, 2004, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

dang, to beat some v8 mustangs and camaros your gonna need to get your car into the low low low 13 second range [like 13.0 -13.4]

Good luck to you thou, and everyone else currently trying this feat, its entirely possible, just needs time, dedication, and money...dont forget knowledge

and theres some 'lancer MR'[not sure what that is, guessing its like our lancer cept for diff country] running mid 11s, saw on a site in someones sig

Quick Reply: Can I Beat Boe???