Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Lancer ES - I need help!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2012, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lancer ES - I need help!!

I have a 2005 lacer ES and i am finding it really hard to find a nice muffler to replace the stock one beacuse the inlet and the outlet are on opposite sides. any ideas on what i can do? i would like to strait pipe it but cant find a muffler or a soulution. thanks!
Old Jan 31, 2012, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by Cyle Averett
I have a 2005 lacer ES and i am finding it really hard to find a nice muffler to replace the stock one beacuse the inlet and the outlet are on opposite sides. any ideas on what i can do? i would like to strait pipe it but cant find a muffler or a soulution. thanks!
not sure what you mean, but most mufflers come in various configurations and inlet/outlet diameters...but yeah, finding a 2.25" in/out offset-offset shouldn't be a problem...where are you looking?

straight pipe generally refers to not having a muffler...and it will sound like a piece of ****...

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Jan 31, 2012 at 08:20 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
straight pipe general refers to not having a muffler...and it will sound like a piece of ****...
Agreed with this one Exhaust bends help with back pressure for the motor so a straight pipe wouldnt be any good eitherway. You can find decent axle-back exhausts and cat-back exhausts for good prices. Just depends on your money situation and what you want?
Old Feb 2, 2012, 12:42 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Cyle Averett
Personally I loved my RRM axleback. And it came ready to bolt on.

If you want to be cheap and straight-pipey, you could always buy a Cherry Bomb muffler and stick that on. Shouldn't cost more than $40 total...
Old Feb 2, 2012, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
i have a cherry bomb muffler, it's not a glasspack, they call it the "turbo" it's a proper offset-offset muffler, and sounds great for the price...you can't really buy a "performance" muffler any cheaper than that...in fact the tip was more expensive than the muffler...

I actually got stopped by a guy in an Evo 9 at a gas station asking me what exhaust i had, and how good it sounded...he was a little flushed when i told him it was stock pipe, with a cherry bomb...keeping in mind the 4G69 puts out a bit of a different tone than the 4G94