Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Evo 7 wing owners!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2004, 05:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Comon someone's gotta have an ebay wing that turned out ok?
Old Jan 26, 2004, 05:20 AM
Evolving Member

Look at my Lancer.
Old Jan 26, 2004, 01:45 PM
.L.
Evolved Member

paint issue: you should DEFINATELY have a body shop paint it for you, if you want it to look right/good. also, if you have no idea on how to install it, just let them do it also. now as far as price goes...... well that all depends on where you go, and who you know. my buddy just got a wing put on his lancer, and he said it came out to about $100 for paint and installation. so i guess that can give you a ROUGH estimate, but dont base it on that.
ebay issue: one of my friends bought a evo7 wing off ebay for $150. he paid about 5 weeks ago, and still nothing. he's pretty pissed. they are not responding to emails or phone calls. so i have nothing good to say about that.
Old Jan 26, 2004, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

yea i got into the same kind of situation as .L.'s friend. i payed a shop for it and it took them about 7 weeks to get it and paint it, plus they scratched up my trunk and didnt do a good job instalin it. i guess the moral of the story is make sure u like the people who instal it.

But the key is, it makes the back of the car SOOOOOOOO much hotter!!!
Old Jan 26, 2004, 03:18 PM
Evolving Member

hey i got an ebay wing, got it for 100 bux and shipping was like 25, so 125 total, got the wing 5 days later in perfect condition, everythin was great, it had all the necessary bolts and screws too. the wing came primed and i had it professionally painted, but i installed it, the install was VERY easy, just screw everything in and the holes line up perfectly to the OZ wing, that is if u have an OZ, if not then have a shop install, cus u gotta drill holes and that will be a problem. and oh ya, i got the wing painted for free cus i got rear ended and the shop that fixed my bumper painted my wing when he went to repaint the bumber. but a bout a week before this i went to a shop and they wanted like 230 or something so i said screw that, then i went to another sho and they were gonna do it for 150 but i ended up putting it off and then got it done for free.

i give the wing a 10/10, no problems, shipped fast and the ebay member was very nice, looks sweet, only downfall is that too many civics pull up to me and rev and want to race... one guy in an old accord pulled up to me and asked me how many horses MY EVO was pushing, lol, good times

ill post pics soon, just lemme find my digi camera
Old Jan 26, 2004, 03:44 PM
Evolving Member

heres some pix of my ebay wing
Attached Thumbnails Evo 7 wing owners!!!-rear.jpg  
Old Jan 26, 2004, 03:48 PM
Evolving Member

side view
and yes, there is a lil teeny gap between my bumper and the door, i kinda backed into a rock and it nudged it but i'm getting that fixed this weekend
Attached Thumbnails Evo 7 wing owners!!!-side-1.jpg  
Old Jan 26, 2004, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

last one for now, also gotta mae a registry for myself,

hope this has helped u in your wing purchasing decisions, and if u want the name of the ebay member i got it from i can gladly give it to u because my transaction was smooth and the product was just as i had wanted with no defects what so ever
Attached Thumbnails Evo 7 wing owners!!!-side-2.jpg  
Old Jan 26, 2004, 03:54 PM

yah i got my wing from calvin a long time ago... definitely have a shop paint it for u. anything for ur exterior u don't wanna do urself, especially with spray paint.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 03:58 PM
Evolving Member

bump?
Old Jan 28, 2004, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

Hey thanks for the info I ordered mine the other day and I got it in the VERY NEXT DAY but I wasnt here to recieve so I get it tomorrow(Dad is staying to get it). I'm so excited its gonna be sweet!!!!!!! Only lancer in Allen to have an EVO 7 wing! haha anyways I'll get it painted in probably 4 weeks or less and I'll put up pics! Thanks again!
Old Jan 29, 2004, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

Ok now I need pictures of your inside of the trunk where you mounted your spoiler can anyone give me these pictures this will greatly be appreciated! I have the spoiler and it looks great! Getting the paint soon, I just need a picture of the inside of the trunk where you actually have the stuff for it to be mounted. THANKS AGAIN!!!
Old Jan 29, 2004, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

Bump
Old Jan 30, 2004, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

ya no prob, ill take some pics later today

bt do u have an OZ? if u do it lines up perfectly with the oz holes, although u can drill 2 extra holes in your trunk for the thrid screw for each side, i only used 2 on each side

if u got an ES then u'll need to drill, ill post some pcis to help u out but i recommedn that if u have an es then let the shop whos painting the wing to install and drill it for u, or have a shop do it just so u dont drill wrong or whatnot
Old Jan 30, 2004, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

LancerLot,
(Don't mean to go off topic)
Where did you get the vinyl for your ride?
Cost?

Quick Reply: Evo 7 wing owners!!!