Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

2012 Lancer GT vs SE

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2012, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Lancer GT vs SE

Hi, I was debating whether I should get the 2012 Lancer GT or the 2012 Lancer SE.
I like the exterior look of the SE but I want the features the GT can have ( like leather seats, etc. )
I was wondering if the chrome trim was removable like it is in the SE?
As far as I know, you can take out the chrome trim in the SE and you would never be able to notice it was there.. but is it the same for the GT or will there be bolt marks?
Also, is it possible to get front air dams on the GT?
Thanks
Old Jun 19, 2012, 07:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kirby7
Hi, I was debating whether I should get the 2012 Lancer GT or the 2012 Lancer SE.
I like the exterior look of the SE but I want the features the GT can have ( like leather seats, etc. )
I was wondering if the chrome trim was removable like it is in the SE?
As far as I know, you can take out the chrome trim in the SE and you would never be able to notice it was there.. but is it the same for the GT or will there be bolt marks?
Also, is it possible to get front air dams on the GT?
Thanks
Chrome trim is removable on the SE. Both the upper and lower grille can be removed as I would assume they are clip-ons just like in the previous lancer models.

If you remove the GT chrome trim, yes, you will have bolt marks as this is actually an integral part of the bumper.
What you can do, is if you have an issue with the GT chrome is you can paint it black or use plasti-dip to black it out.

No, you cannot get a front air dam for the GT because they use a ralliart front bumper.

I'm not really sure why you wouldn't like the front bumper on the GT, If I have the choice, I would get the GT.

The only argument is that if you want AWC/AWD. Then get the SE.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 02:43 PM

I got my SE a month ago. The features to me in the GT didn't warrant the extra couple of G's. Aside from the leather seats the other features can all be bought after market at a reduced price, especially the fog lights. If money is not an issue though I'm sure what you want can be done, though if I was going to spend it I'd do it picking up pieces off an evo/ rally art
Old Jun 20, 2012, 08:10 PM

alright thanks guys
Old Jun 22, 2012, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

So what you are saying is that the chrome parts in the front of the SE can be popped out easily? Do you have to take apart anything to take off the chrome trim????? Hell, I might get a SE just cuz I could remove the chrome trim and not worry about painting it or anything.... ANYONE GOT PICS?????

Originally Posted by LanceR_11
Chrome trim is removable on the SE. Both the upper and lower grille can be removed as I would assume they are clip-ons just like in the previous lancer models.

If you remove the GT chrome trim, yes, you will have bolt marks as this is actually an integral part of the bumper.
What you can do, is if you have an issue with the GT chrome is you can paint it black or use plasti-dip to black it out.

No, you cannot get a front air dam for the GT because they use a ralliart front bumper.

I'm not really sure why you wouldn't like the front bumper on the GT, If I have the choice, I would get the GT.

The only argument is that if you want AWC/AWD. Then get the SE.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:14 AM

The base 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer gets the job done, but isn’t a class favorite. most of the people prefer the GT and Ralliart models because they have more powerful engines and tighter handling, but bemoan their low fuel economy ratings.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by drakelouis29
The base 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer gets the job done, but isn’t a class favorite. most of the people prefer the GT and Ralliart models because they have more powerful engines and tighter handling, but bemoan their low fuel economy ratings.

Well that depends. The OP said he's from Canada and here all the lancer models (sub ralliart) have the 2.0 litre engine. So all you're paying for is the trim level. And to be honest the price gap (around 4k) between the SE and GT personally wasn't worth it. The prices in Canada seem to be absurdly higher than the states. Do a comparison on the US+Canadian sites for the Evolution models just for fun.