Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

lets get this over with, performance gains for our lancers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2004, 05:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh, and btw: i noticed some pretty good gains with my kamikaze header and downpipe setup i had before. this was my only performance mod and i was most def a bit faster in the higher rpm range. if you're looking to stay n/a cause of lack of income, i would recommend:

- aem cai (around $195)
- kamikaze header+dp (around $245)
- high flow cat (testpipe won't give you much more and you won't have to breathe in fumes all day with this setup) (around $65)
- magnaflow catback (i think you can find them on these forums for around $310 shipped)

you'd add a little kick just from that. you may even look into a new camshaft w/ camgears, pistons, flywheel, etc (internals internals internals!). even if you aren't turbo, you can benefit from a higher redline and the hp increases these will give. just make sure that your intake and exhaust are breathing... with these internals you'd deffinately want to port your intake manifold and bore out your throttle body. after all of this though, you'd have a nice n/a car, but you'd be out as much if not more than a turbo.

going turbo though, i would recommend the rrm header (since it's the only header that fits their kit), a high-flow cat, and the magnaflow catback. you'd probably want to look at upgrading internals depending on how high of boost you're looking at running.

just some fft: rippmods is coming along quite nicely with their sds kit. a lot of turbo guys talk sds down, but i'm thinking that it's going to be a close rival to the rrm and rpw setups in power.

if you're dirt poor and want mods...
you can always try things like gutting your current cat, gutting the stock exhaust manifold (1st cat is there), or building a custom intake (you can do it with pvc pipe and a filter for $25). if you're good with fabric and foam (or know someone who is), you could try reupholstering your seats to make them like racing seats. who knows, with enough time you may be able to build some custom brides for $40 (haha.. right...).
Old Feb 11, 2004, 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by IILANCERII02
Thats awesome dude, damn 350WHP is insane!
http://www.rippmods.com/

i have the 6cyl gts. i believe that is stage 1.5 tho.. i'd be out more than $4500 after that, haha. i believe that stage 1 gets you to somewhere around 285-290 whp. still not bad at all.
Old Feb 11, 2004, 11:53 PM
Evolved Member

i know about the sds, i pan on getting it. but you NEED headers. and after i buy headers i'm gonna be at the same speed for a long long time, until i save up. so during that time i want to whoop up on some civics,old school poniac grand ams, old school eclipses, ford focus's, jettas, and many others. thats pretty much it though.

man eclispse 300+whp. that crazy. hope you get it.

to be honest the only way i would not get a sds is if a low priced reliable turbo system came out for our lancers.

but thanks everyone for the info. most of it was useless cause i didn't ask for opions on turbo, i just wanted to know WHAT MY HP WOULD BE IN PREPERATION FOR RIPPS SDS.

so back to the topic. WHAT WOULD BY BASIC HP BE WITH A INTAKE, EXAUST, AND HEADERS. JUST GIVE ME A GUESS THATS ALL. and once again i'm not paying for a dyno. i just wanna know a estimate for ease at heart.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
at the crank, 140-145 maybe. WHP would be (if manual, about 110(gain fo 10 whp) and if auto would be 100ish(also a gain of 10))

those are my guesses. doesn't seem like much, but it probably is. especially if you were to do it all at once.

If not...you should get at least a decent sound
Old Feb 13, 2004, 02:53 AM
Evolved Member

cool. i was guessing 145 at the crank. eh thats will have to do until i save enough for a sds.
Old Feb 13, 2004, 03:38 AM
Evolved Member

there is a dyno out there showing a 17 hp gain with the rpw header and i think a CAI.
Old Feb 13, 2004, 04:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by pickleknock
there is a dyno out there showing a 17 hp gain with the rpw header and i think a CAI.
if so that is pretty good. I just cant wait for the SDS system from RIPP. that is going to be bad ***
Old Feb 13, 2004, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

If you really want to experience cars w/ similar weight and power, test drive one.

Drive a base model S13 240. It should weight around 2700 lbs w/ 140's HP and TQ near the 150's. Off course, you have to +/- the experience on the engine wear and tranny.

Then drive a S14 240. It should weight somewhere around 2800 lbs w/ mid 150's HP and TQ.

Or drive a 2g eclipse or spyder. You can get similar HP feeling, except the TQ.

If you think you can take any of those cars stock from a stand still, then it's safe to say that your mods are up there in power . . . As for import tuner, I don't trust their #'s. They get wacky results from mods.

Believe me, I have driven all of those cars, except the spyder.