Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Upgrading the STOCK 2003 lancer ES

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2004, 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Upgrading the STOCK 2003 lancer ES

hey my name is jeff thompson(im a nub to cars let alone lancers)

i just got my car about 3-4 weeks ago. ever since then ive been working to pay for upgrades for my car. Well to get to the point i currently have $458 to spend on upgrades. I was looking around at websites and i found road//race to be the best one but can u really trust those sites just wondering..? well i'm looking at short rams(i do own a automatic lancer, cause i got no clue on how to drive 5speed). I'm not sure what to get a short ram or a new exhuast or what...? I was even thinking about doing some exterior stuff first. I was looking at tail lights and rims. Oh one question about the rims, can the lancer ES have the lancer oz rally rims put on it. Because i really like the oz rims and was wondering if i could buy some OZ's and stick em on. Just trying to get some opinions and car stuff.. And since i now nothing about cars how much would it cost at car shops( preformance shops) to install lets say a new muffler system or a short ram? thanks

jeff
Old Feb 12, 2004, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i've got a 03 oz rally, and i'm pretty sure the es has the same wheel hubs, so the rims would be fine, even though if you're looking to upgrade i personaly wouldn't go with the stock oz rims, those were the first to go on my car. I'd get at least some 17's. If you've got around 500 to spend at first for performance uprgrades, i'd go with the cai and the throttle body from rrm. and yes they totally rock, rrm is very trustworthy and a great source for lancer upgrades. This site is also great for info. Good luck with the upgrading on your lancer.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

Firstl of all no you can not put the stock OZ rims on our lancers. The OZ and LS models have a 4 x 114.3 (correct me if i am wrong) bolt pattern, where as the Lancer ES has a 4 x 100.

Join the club of Lancer ES's, it sucks to be us, lol, but its fun to mod the car. You can look at my registry to see what modifications I have, but I have not linked any pictures to it yet, sorry (digital camera broke )

Check the registry for Lancer ES's, but it's kind of hard to ask someone else what you should do first because everyone has different preferences. Performance, Exterior, Interior, Sound System, ETC. By telling us what you plan to do with your lancer would help us in giving you some assisstance.

And I personally like RMR, but RRM is good too.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 08:07 PM
Evolving Member

tg lancerr, no dissrespect, and i'm really just asking a question, but I have a lancer oz and if they have a 4 X 114.3 bolt pattern, why is it possible for me to put a 4 X 100 bolt pattern wheel on my car?
Old Feb 12, 2004, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by jaymz916
tg lancerr, no dissrespect, and i'm really just asking a question, but I have a lancer oz and if they have a 4 X 114.3 bolt pattern, why is it possible for me to put a 4 X 100 bolt pattern wheel on my car?
it's not possible..
Old Feb 12, 2004, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

the rims I have now are 18 X 7.5 4-100 bolt pattern!
Old Feb 12, 2004, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

RRM is a great site. I would go with anything from them. I have purchased seom stuff from them and other companies. Click on my name to check my car out.

The first mod you should get for your car is an ECU upgrade. It is expensive but you will get the most performance from that than any other mod besides turbo.

After that I would get the intake, then exhaust, then tb, then header, then test pipe, then intake manifold. I would alternate intake mod then exhaust mod back and forth till you get them all. You don't want all intake mods and no exhaust, and especcialy no exhaust mods and no intake, you will lose tourqe. That's what I am doing alternating between them.

***And OZ wheels will not fit on the ES.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Maybe ES will fit on Oz, but not OZ on ES. ???
Old Feb 12, 2004, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

not trying to condradict anyone but a 4 X 100 bolt pattern wheel will fit on a OZ. Therefore vice versa. Correct me if i'm wrong but i'm running a 4 x 100 pattern on my oz.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

if you do some researching you'll find that 15 inch rims are interchangeable on a es and a oz.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

I am positive, 100 % sure that the OZ wheels can not fit the ES, I was just unsure of the bolt pattern. I know for a fact that LS and OZ have the same bolt pattern, but it is different from the ES which has a 4 x 100. I know the ES has a 4 x 100 because I have owned four sets of rims so far, and I was interested in buying the OZ rims at one time, but was informed that they will not fit by both members and mitsubishi parts distributors.

If you are looking to do performance modifications check out the lancer upgrade path on this web site. It is helpful and inciteful, but you still haven't responded as far as what you plan to do with your lancer?
Old Feb 12, 2004, 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

yes it is true that an es has a 4 x 100 bolt pattern and pattern WILL fit an OZ, but what i want to know is why this won't work that opposite way if the original OZ rims aren't 4 x 100 bolt pattern rims?
Old Feb 12, 2004, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

are u sure u dont have one of those rims that have like more than 4 holes for the lugs? so they fit both 4x100 and 4x114.3? cause 100 and 114.3 should NOT fit..
Old Feb 12, 2004, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

I am not sure Jaymz916, but I was just reinforcing what I said so that jeff would not be confused and waste his money on some rims. I didn't mean to aggravate you, I am not doubting what you are saying at all about the reverse because I have never tried myself, but that is a very good question. I think; however, we should get back on topic even though jeff seems to be nowhere in sight .....
Old Feb 12, 2004, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

i'm not trying to tell anyone they're wrong, i'm just asking for clarification on why you CAN put a different bolt pattern measurement on an OZ, but not do the same to an es?

Quick Reply: Upgrading the STOCK 2003 lancer ES