Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

How mUch HP for Bolt ons.?????

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2004, 01:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How mUch HP for Bolt ons.?????

How much HP and 1/4 times would you think i get if i added these bolt on:

1. AEM cai. sys.
2. Greddy Cat-back exhuast sys.
3. rrm test pipe.
4. rrm headers
5. rrm piggy-back pc
6. rrm intake manifold
7. rrm throttle body
8. magna core wires

what you think...?????
Old Feb 19, 2004, 01:57 AM
Evolved Member

better off getting a turbo for the money you will spend on that. i would estimate:

AEM: 5
Catback: 5
Testpipe: 3
Headers: 5
Piggyback: 10
Intake Manny: ?
T Body: ?
Magnacore: ?
Old Feb 19, 2004, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well on an rsx the aem cai netted 18 whp...
and on a jetta a cat-back netted 8-12 whp...

just fyi....

my guesses are..

1. AEM cai. sys. = 6-8 whp /// $229(?)
2. Greddy Cat-back exhuast sys. = 5-8 whp /// $500
3. rrm test pipe. = 3-4 whp /// $69
4. rrm headers = 8-10 whp /// $369
5. rrm piggy-back pc = 10-12 whp /// $439
6. rrm intake manifold = 3-4 whp /// $349
7. rrm throttle body = 3-4 whp /// $289
8. magna core wires = .03 whp /// $89
(these really just smooth out idle i think...might make a better burn giving power though...)

u have to remember that N/A mods add on to each other...u could dyno stock, have 100whp, dyno with intake and get 105 whp...than dyno with exhaust and get 115 whp...leading u to think the exhaust gave 10...when really it just lets the intake breathe in more air because its easier to push out...so its the same, if u got exhaust first would of got 5whp, than an intake would of given u the 10whp....u get what im saying?

that added up is like $2.3k...BEFORE shipping for just 40ish whp...that would put u at 140....now, for $3k u can get non-IC turbo..and an auto at 5psi(might of been 6) hit 171 whp on a dyno...just food for thought...or u can go custom turbo for less and still get nice results

as for a 1/4 mile time....low 16's should be a good guess...maybe 15's if u can launch and shift....speaking of shifting....if ur a 5spd why not a short shifter??
Old Feb 19, 2004, 10:17 AM
Evolving Member

all this talk about bolt ons hahaha wat about the stick ons? yknow... decals and stuff... hahah thats the bang for the buck... each sticker gets you another 5 hp (depending on the decal)
Old Feb 19, 2004, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

ha this is what i think of
1. AEM cai. sys. +3
2. Greddy Cat-back exhuast sys. +2
3. rrm test pipe. +2
4. rrm headers +5
5. rrm piggy-back pc +12

6. rrm intake manifold +0 (better air flow)
7. rrm throttle body +0 (better throttle response)
8. magna core wires +0 (better spark)

Last edited by pearlwhiteoz; Feb 19, 2004 at 10:40 AM.
Old Feb 19, 2004, 10:40 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Moving to USLG since there's no technical content. You're not going to get very far with bolt-ons, but since no one really dynos their cars for these types of mods (usually because they're trying to save money) all you're going to get is speculation.

EDIT: If you believe the companies' own dynos and claims you'd probably be driving a 250whp car.

Last edited by HobieKopek; Feb 19, 2004 at 10:42 AM.
Old Feb 19, 2004, 11:53 AM

so your saying i shouldn't get these mods or what??? i plan on tradng the car in for an evo in like 3 years so i just wanted some bolt ons so it wont void any warranty....u know what i mean!!!1
Old Feb 19, 2004, 12:04 PM

Since you want an EVO, put the money into the principal of the car loan and pay it off earlier, or just put the money into savings or something so you can get the EVO sooner. I personally wouldnt put it into a regular lancer, but my EVO is a moneypit.
Old Feb 19, 2004, 12:08 PM

Welll the lancer is a goft which is finance with there names.. so its a free car for me...so im not comaplaning..to that fact, when it doesn get paid off , which is 2-3 years, i will trade for an used evo or whatever and go from there...i just need some extra love in the love to feel thats all...or wat do you think???
Old Feb 19, 2004, 12:09 PM

Topic Review (Newest First)

Ludz Welll the lancer is a gift which is finance with there names.. so its a free car for me...so im not complaining..to that fact, when it does get paid off , which is 2-3 years, i will trade for an used evo or whatever and go from there...i just need some extra love in the love to feel thats all...or wat do you think???

sorry miss typed!!!
Old Feb 19, 2004, 12:20 PM

I definitely know what you mean by needing more power! Im addicted to it. For the money you are looking to spend, if you arent too worried about warranty, I would get a turbo kit. Probably smartest to save the money though, I know how hard that can be though. The money you are looking to spend, based on everyones horsepower speculations do you think you will really feel it, would it be worth it to you? That is what you have to consider. Good luck!
Old Feb 19, 2004, 12:25 PM

well all this is about 2.3g's and the intrcooled turbo is like 4.g's
**** and that really runs warranty... well man im confused from these choices...newbie...haha..but yeah i dont want to coid warranty since its a gift, but i am willinging to put basic bolt on's as listed above. i was even thinking about going all out (turbo)after the warranty is up but wouldnt an used evo by then be more bang for the buck?
Old Feb 19, 2004, 12:51 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

You can just edit your own post if you need to change something.

If you're planning on buying another car with this one, leave it stock, deal with it for the time being, and save the money for your own car. You will only lose money modifying the car. The most expensive mod I would buy in that case would be fuel.

I have to agree that the Lancer is going to make a **** poor trade in. Due to in large part to fleet sales the Lancer depreciates quickly.

Know your rights with your warranty.

Read around a bit. You'll find a lot more information a lot more quickly if you read around and run a few searches.
Old Feb 19, 2004, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so changing the headers and test pipe don't void the warranty? .... even though u are tampering with emissions?

and im 99.9% sure the rrm piggyback will void the warranty...all u can do is get an intake and cat-back exhaust rest probably violates teh warranty..
Old Feb 19, 2004, 02:47 PM

Those are easy to take off.....turbo isnt!!

Quick Reply: How mUch HP for Bolt ons.?????