Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

why did you go o-z?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2002, 11:11 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts
why did you go o-z?

for the people who have o-z lancers...

why did you get the o-z package over the stock stuff? just liked the looks better?

just curious... i've been a wrc fan for a while and i'm wondering why exactly they call it the o-z 'rally' edition is all. (i.e. NOT trying to start a flame war or anything)

thanks,
bd
Old Jul 30, 2002, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There was a few extras on it I preferred, and I didn't like the idea of hubcaps. But realistically, the little red emblem on the trunk is what I spent an extra grand for
Old Jul 30, 2002, 11:26 PM
Evolved Member

LS doesnt have the white gauges...
ES's are having suspension problems with getting aftermarket parts.

It says oz rally cuz of the oz wheels and since the Evo is a rally car and since this car is inspired by the evo... put 2 and 2 together and u got OZ Rally.

Old Jul 30, 2002, 11:39 PM
Evolving Member

I along with most others chose it because of the trim inside the car, interior, white face gauges.

One thing I would have to say about the ES model is that there is a huge selection of wheels being that it has the 4 x 100 bolt pattern which is the same as the civic I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old Jul 30, 2002, 11:50 PM
Evolving Member

Guages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 31, 2002, 03:55 AM
Evolving Member

i hate wood trim, i would never waste my money on some ugly body kit, but the small one on the OZ is nice yet conservative, the interior on the OZ is 200% better than either LS or ES, nicer wheels, and how can we not love those floor mats. come on.
Old Jul 31, 2002, 04:03 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts
i was just thinkin..

wouldn't $1000 give you a nice head start on boltons?

-bd
Old Jul 31, 2002, 04:04 AM
Evolving Member

what do you think
Old Jul 31, 2002, 04:06 AM

Re: i was just thinkin..

Originally posted by Butt Dyno
wouldn't $1000 give you a nice head start on boltons?

-bd
It would if all the bolt-on's would work, however if you are financing the whole mess, the who cares. Also, the trick I did wuz, I purchased (financed) the extended warranty then canceled before the 30 day clause. The dealer wanted to refund the bank but I talked them into putting it towards RRM parts. They were ok with that, so, there was my 1300 in bolt-on's.
Old Jul 31, 2002, 04:08 AM
Evolving Member

uhm... what 30 day clause? i was told you could cancel at any time on the extended... i hope my dealer just does it different than yours, cuz i wasn't planning on canceling until my 0-0-0 was up and i had to make a payment.
Old Jul 31, 2002, 04:15 AM

Originally posted by ez4me2c3d
uhm... what 30 day clause? i was told you could cancel at any time on the extended... i hope my dealer just does it different than yours, cuz i wasn't planning on canceling until my 0-0-0 was up and i had to make a payment.
My bad, you get a full refund prior to 30 days cancelation, otherwise it gets pro-rated.
Old Jul 31, 2002, 04:16 AM
Evolving Member

oh ok, yeah thats what i understood... all though i havent paid anything on mine yet so if i cancelled now it would still be like a full refund.
Old Jul 31, 2002, 04:20 AM

I'm not sure how that works. It's more like from the time you drive the vehicle off the lot, it think. you will probably have to contact your dealer to verify that. I know those warranties can get sticky sometimes.
Old Jul 31, 2002, 04:45 AM
Evolved Member

About the ES's suspension problems... we're awaiting confirmation on one minor thing, and then, if it is what it appears to be, the ES crowd may have a GIANT aftermarket in the suspension category.

The ES shares the Mirage front end components, and it's currently being whispered that all the Lancer's may share the same rear components as the Mirage, in which case, the ES would have the advantage of being able to use a Mirage kit. But, that's not for certain yet. Just thought I would point that out, seeing as that is the culmination of several months of posts in various sections of LF not viewed as much as the General section.

In my area, the difference was 3K between the ES and OZ. The ES was a low 14 while the OZ was a mid 17. That for wheels I was planning on changing, possibly changing a body kit (if not, just might opt for a oem style kit a few years down the road), and changing the gauges eventually... 3K was simply too steep. The ES was just a far better bargain at the time. Of course, this was a few weeks after the launch of the vehicle, and things have changed since, but, still, I'm glad I got the ES, suspension issues aside.

It's a matter of priorities. The cars run the same, and, the ES is actually a tad bit faster (lighter wheels, no ground effects), but, that's not the issue if you're considering the OZ over the ES. Anyway, I could go into a rant on it, but, my fingers are tired. Later.
Old Aug 3, 2002, 10:01 AM
NeX
Evolving Member

oz package includes, side skirts, custom floormats, white guages, oz rims, yokohama tires, and the the fricking emblem on the back.

They could of made the engine better but no they had to be f***king gay and make the es, ls, and oz the exact same engines.

Quick Reply: why did you go o-z?