Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Stereo fuse location?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2013, 06:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stereo fuse location?

Hi, just have a quick question, i was changing my stereo on my lancer but when i connected the small ribbon cable a little spark when off and now the lighs in and between the buttons of the stereo wont light at all im asuming its a fuse thing because they wont light with either the 2 stereos. Thanks for your time
Old Nov 22, 2013, 04:48 AM

My fusebox is near the driver side door. The fuse for the stereo is usually combined with the accessory power and should be labelled on the back of the power. Check to see if your cigarette lighter works, otherwise, check the fuse in the back of the head unit.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Tysonus
My fusebox is near the driver side door. The fuse for the stereo is usually combined with the accessory power and should be labelled on the back of the power. Check to see if your cigarette lighter works, otherwise, check the fuse in the back of the head unit.
agreed... if the fuse in the back of the stereo is fried, that could be the issue. if not, start checking all the wires to the harness to see if they could be loose. I just did a complete overhaul of my RF system in my car and it was a pain, so i feel for ya lol

good luck!