Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Best offset for a 2008 stock suspension Lancer ES with TSW Wheels

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2014, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best offset for a 2008 stock suspension Lancer ES with TSW Wheels

Well it is about time for a new set of Continental Extreme Contact DWS 225/40/18's and the wife has decided that she wants new wheels. She is stuck between the TSW Donington matte black and TSW Nurburgring gunmetal. The question I have is in reference to offset. Her car is a 2008 Lancer ES with stock suspension. What is the best offset for no rubbing? The Donington comes in 18x8 with 20 offset and the Nurburgring comes in 18x8 with 35 offset. Which would look better with stock suspension? If you have pics of your car with the same wheels or different wheels with the same offset please post them up. Also I have read at times that a center bore ring is needed, can someone explain? Her car is graphite gray with a GTS spoiler .

Here is the Donington

Here is the Nurburgring

All help is appreciated.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 11:26 PM

well between those 2 why not go with the nurburgs which are the evo x clones? anyways, im riding on a set of 17 enkei ekm3s black with 35 offset they look great and no rubbing being 17s of course so i would recommend the simplest solution would be to just get 17s. that way you can have any offset you want and have them hanging out to a point without them rubbing. i do know i got my gts with 18x9s i think they were but cant remember the offset and they did catch the fenders when i hit a a bump on the interstate. anyways... i went with 17s cus im about to dropped my 1.7" in the front and 1.4 in the back so i will still have plenty of room and with a 35 offset they snuggle just inside the fenders without looking weird and without rubbing. or just get 17s, whatever offset and if she wants a sexy stance, get some spacers if shes not running the streets hard of course. if you do go this route make sure you get 5.114.3 specific. if not you risk not centering them and throwing the wheels off balance and shaking.

hope this helps
Old Jan 25, 2014, 08:46 AM

Yea a little. She really likes the donington better, just trying to get a little more info. I used the wheel calculator and when I put in the specs of the stock gts wheel to the nurburging it gave me a result of 1.xx less space on the inside probably due to being an 8 inch wheel. The nurburging showed more inside space and that the wheel would be pushed out 37.x mm. I'm fine with the nurburging but I guess I really need to know will the donington stick out too far or rub the fenders. It there is a rub issue, would rolling the fenders help? I would really like to see some pics of the same wheel dimensions on the car whether it is the same wheel or not. No she doesn't beat the streets or anything but she loves here car and I want her to be happy. Also we want to stick with the 18's. Sorry for all the questions I am a diesel guy myself but just lucked up and got a woman that loves customizing cars as well.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 11:36 AM

Well I just found the Donington in a 18x8 with 42 offset. I put the current dimensions along with those dimensions in this wheel tire calculator http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

The results showed the new wheel would have .3 in less inner clearance and will stick out .6 in more. The calculator shows that that there will be no clearance issues and that I could run a 235/ 35/ 18 but I will just stick with the 225/ 40/ 18.

What are you thoughts Amazingbuffalo?
Old Jan 29, 2014, 01:36 PM

Here are the pics on a lancer not ours incase anyone wanted to see.

Old Jan 29, 2014, 09:06 PM

sounds pretty solid to me and to be honest after i saw your post i went searching myself and have made a trade with someone locally for his nurburgs and getting them this weekend lol. if everything goes well and i find the time to reach him this weekend. ill throw those bad boys on and post some pics. i have a gts and dont think the fenders are really different from an es so i should have your answer. as far as rolling the fenders, makes the car look a bit more aggressive imo, but its main purpose to my knowledge is to give you more height clearance than anything. it will definitely make you feel more confortable knowing your ladys riding around with rolled fenders and wouldnt have to worry about cutting the tires on the fenders when she bottoms the suspension so thats always a plus. i know you would be safe with a 8 inch width for sure and 35 offset. 18x8 35 offset with 235/35 wrapped is what ill be getting this weekend so again i should be able to confirm your confidence with this size at least. but remember what i said before. if you just dont have have a good feeling about it just go with 17s. less wheel, less rpms, less gas. hell, my fun wheels were 16s! little bit more tire, but didnt look extremely goofy especially when i went by a tight 35mph exit at 90+ waving at a wrx haha ill stay in touch. happy wheel hunting.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 06:54 AM

Im not worried about the 18's at all she currently has gts wheels. Thanks for the input. Maybe within the month we can get the tires and wheels put on.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 10:23 AM

Tax return is always nice haha I'm dumping little more than 2k into mine when I get my returns
Old Feb 22, 2014, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Ofcbanks
Here are the pics on a lancer not ours incase anyone wanted to see.

those are the Donington's?

Last edited by reddevilz009; Feb 22, 2014 at 10:45 PM.