Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

whos got the fastest NA lancer???

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2005, 07:45 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by engineerboy
lately? Bro, ever since the Evo was announced, the "evo" guys have been ******* us. Oh well, it must be because they see me making faster times than them at the autocross course and just can't handle it
nah, i'm gotten used to the usual comments, i just mean that recently (as in the past couple days) there has been a huge flare up of them. meh, whatever
Old Jul 1, 2005, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
long story short, the ECU keeps learning around the maps. So the map will work (and it's REALLY nice) for the first 75 miles or so, but then the AFR slowly creeps back to 11:1 from 13:1 and you cen feel that the timing isn't changing like it was before.

I'm gonna try to get to a Wednesday night test-n-tune to avoid the crowds and get in more runs than at a Friday night Highschool event.
Old Jul 2, 2005, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

did you vtec harness thingy not fix your problem or have you not got it yet?
Old Jul 2, 2005, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

the O2 clamp didn't fix the problem but I'm gonna try installing it "backwards" from what the directions say and see if that doesn't work. For now, I'll just reset the ECU before I race. we'll see how that works tomorrow morning. Apparently the IS300 guys have had the same problem with their ECU's relearning and the options are: ECU reset all the time or a $200 signal scrambler. We'll see, we'll see....
Old Jul 3, 2005, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

If we could ever get a reflash for our cars then we wouldn't have this problem, but people have made empty promises....

WADAD
Old Jul 3, 2005, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WADADLIG_OZ
If we could ever get a reflash for our cars then we wouldn't have this problem
Amen to that... we can all hope can't we
Old Jul 3, 2005, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, even if we could get the learning function flashed away, that would rock!! We need to get in touch with the guy who did RRMs flashes
Old Jul 4, 2005, 09:18 AM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Originally Posted by WADADLIG_OZ
If we could ever get a reflash for our cars then we wouldn't have this problem, but people have made empty promises....

WADAD
They did have a reflash, but few people bought it. I had it, and it was probably the best mod I ever had on my car. Raised rev limiter allowed me to stay in 3rd gear all the way down Buttonwillow's front straight, excellent acceleration and smooth power band. But tuning is expensive, especially in a limited market like the Lancer, and people don't want to pay for it. They want a Lancer to be as cheap as the Civic.

Don't they still have the piggyback? Wouldn't that fix your problem or is it not the same?
Old Jul 4, 2005, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Now that we have different modifications beyong the PB it is useless. That is why we have all these DIY tuning threads popping up.

WADAD

How long was the reflash offered Urban? I can't imagine that if the price had been a little lower that more people wouldn't have tried it. I for one was saving up but in my case when the car is your daily driver and you work 6days a week how can you expect someone to give it up for 3 days?

Last edited by WADADLIG_OZ; Jul 4, 2005 at 09:41 AM.
Old Jul 4, 2005, 09:54 AM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

The reflash was offered for about a year. With RRM you didn't have to give up your car for 3 days, he had a core exchange program. (you had to lose 3 days if you bought mine because when I sold my reflash, I didn't have an extra core). But the problem was he was paying the programmer $500 a pop to reflash the units, and selling them for $560 and everybody was whining about the price. In the land of retail where I come from, 12% is a tiny profit margin, almost completely absorbed by shop costs, packing materials, and employee wages. But it is what it is, a capitalistic market, so if the consumer doesn't buy, the retailer doesn't sell.
Old Jul 4, 2005, 09:57 AM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

But yeah, once you get serious about tuning your car, none of these plug-and-play things are good enough. Even the reflash was just something to up power without breaking the bank. You could get the equivilent or even better by paying someone to tune an EMS or something, but as you know that costs a grand or two.
Old Jul 4, 2005, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Hey smart guys, little help here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...hreadid=147052

I think it's the same wiring idea as a remote start. If it works, then my eManage problems should be solved solved solved!
Old Jul 4, 2005, 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

so who has the fastest N/A lancer now? i know someone has broke something by now
Old Jul 4, 2005, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by urbanknight
The reflash was offered for about a year. With RRM you didn't have to give up your car for 3 days, he had a core exchange program. (you had to lose 3 days if you bought mine because when I sold my reflash, I didn't have an extra core). But the problem was he was paying the programmer $500 a pop to reflash the units, and selling them for $560 and everybody was whining about the price. In the land of retail where I come from, 12% is a tiny profit margin, almost completely absorbed by shop costs, packing materials, and employee wages. But it is what it is, a capitalistic market, so if the consumer doesn't buy, the retailer doesn't sell.
PLease let me finish this subject so we can get back to the subject of FASTEST NA. I pm'd RRM about this after they Lost their programmer and I guess they were apprehensive about releasing their programming maps to another source but here....

The EVO was already out and many companies were already offering reflashes for the EVO at a considerably lower price to what the RRM reflash was. I suggested that they partner with one of those guys to continue flashing. At the time they told me they were looking into other options and subsequently came out with the PB.

Now if someone can honestly tell me that more tuning goes into NA power versus all the variables involved with turbocharging a vehicle I will gladly apologize for implying that the $560 RRM was charging was unreasonable.

Right now you can still get a custom (tuned) reflash for $400 for an EVO. A basic flash can be had for sometimes less than $200. I still don't see why it isn't possible to offer us a flash for a reasonable price. At this point now though I would need a custom flash since I am running aftermarket cams and rightly so to get the most out of my mods.

Oh and at the end I did not realize that RRM was shipping ECU's first. I thought as I remember it that you shipped your ECU and they returned the NEW One. Nuff said.

I'm holding out on hope of all hopes that a custom flash does come around because I've said it before I'll be the first one there. *cough* dynoflash

WADAD
Old Jul 4, 2005, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by engineerboy
16.4xx stock?! You're full of it. Base Lancers run in the 17's stock.
So, when you coming in to town to look at my car?

Alright, the only thing I notice is that it has an aftermarket fart cannon (IMO it doesn't count).

Quick Reply: whos got the fastest NA lancer???