Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

whos got the fastest NA lancer???

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2004, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by ZooRacer
my car is an auto also...but with my mods and weight reductions i have done...i should be able to do low 16's but if i am lucky high 15's...what you guys think....i took out the 2 asorbers in da front bumper....which weighs near 15-20lbs each, cf trunk lid, cf hood, and did a battery relocation to the trunk where my launch is better cause of a lighter engine bay!

so what do u guys think i will be able to do...
eh.. speaking of weight reduction.. i think you should take out back seat, carpet, passanger seat, inner door pannals, dash pannals... then i think now you can feel the difference!
Old Mar 17, 2004, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

i am already feelin the difference....u can ask my ECLC members...dey know how my car moves
Old Mar 19, 2004, 05:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so have we been seing faster times without the test pipe???? that would be interesting
Old Mar 19, 2004, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

i have the test pipe
Old Mar 20, 2004, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok
Old Mar 20, 2004, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Iamkar33m
I believe the Manual can run low 17's and Auto's run mid-high 17's
I don't think that's the case. Auto tranny will be always slower about 1.5 secs from Porsche to any econobox cars.

Has anyone seen an auto LS run?

On average stocker, manual is mid 17's and auto around mid to low 18's. Then again, there are always people cheating by taking off R/T on their final ETA. Those are the people who won't admit their deeds.

As for the G-tech, it is always faster, not slower. People cheat on that too by fudging the weight equation by putting Gross Vehicle Weight. If it's too light, it will show slower time. Then again, there are those people who will swear up and down it's the best thing right next to running a real track, completely accurate. Go figure.

See I have shown two ways people can fudge their result, making themselves look good in front of others. It's up to the individual to those possible skewed data or not.
Old Mar 20, 2004, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

why would people take off their R/T from their E/T??? i dont get it. your R/T has NOTHING to do with your E/T because the time doesnt even start till you break the light beam. and i also have the G-tech but i dont have it totally accurate yet, so i dont post anything from that.
Old Mar 20, 2004, 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

as for auto lancers, i beleive a stock would run a mid to high 18. thats about what mine ran. i took it down to the track, and i ran a 17.71.. i was getting faster, but i stopped. i have a GReddy cat-back, Injen SRI, A'Pexi SAFC, thats all for performance. i need to get faster.
Old Mar 20, 2004, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

Ill be heading out tomorrow without the test pipe in, ran 16.7 before so we will see what the new time is. As for petey pab saying that stock lancers run 16.9 I have never seen a stock lancer anywhere close to that. Last weekend when i ran there was a chic out there who I know can drive better than me, and she ran 17.4. I will be gunning for that 15 sec mark we will see ill post up tomorrow night.
Ryan
Old Mar 20, 2004, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

damn, i dunno? i just read that in motor trend, and from all my experiences i thought that was right. when i was basically stock (just a muffler) i was runnin 16.7's. good luck tho, cause i would think you would be runnin way faster than me. just work on your launches cause i think thats where your problems are. or maybe your clutch could be burned? have it checked out.
Old Mar 21, 2004, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by petey pab
damn, i dunno? i just read that in motor trend, and from all my experiences i thought that was right. when i was basically stock (just a muffler) i was runnin 16.7's. good luck tho, cause i would think you would be runnin way faster than me. just work on your launches cause i think thats where your problems are. or maybe your clutch could be burned? have it checked out.
See you on Wednesday Pab?
See if I can get the RA to be in the 15's with just CAI and exhaust. Mid 15's hopefully. Never been to the track so probably not but we'll see.
Old Mar 21, 2004, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by MitsuLancer04

See you on Wednesday Pab?
See if I can get the RA to be in the 15's with just CAI and exhaust. Mid 15's hopefully. Never been to the track so probably not but we'll see.
YOU KNOW! yeah, ill be there. i wanna race you too. so get ready!!! lol
Old Mar 21, 2004, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by petey pab
why would people take off their R/T from their E/T??? i dont get it.
Newbie mistake or trying to hide ugly time slips. You see such circumstances all over the net that includes cars on the 1/4. Honesty isn't a prerequisite. Of course, they never post their 60 foot . . . no one can really fudge that data.

Example: someone runs a 18.3 w/ an RT of 1.5 sec. Mistake or no mistake: a 16.8 looks a lot better than 18.3 sec. Thereby, gaining cool pts amongst their peers.
Old Mar 21, 2004, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

What about pjal? He's got the RPW stage 1 cam, 5 spd tranny I think. I wonder what his times are.
Old Mar 21, 2004, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

Bahamut, I don't know what track you've been to, but at professional tracks you're reaction time is not included in your quater mile time. Butt it can cause you to loose. ex: you run a 15.5 with a reaction of .6 and a dial in of 15.1, the guy next to you runs a 15.2 with a 1.2 reaction and a dial in of 15.0, you win.

Quick Reply: whos got the fastest NA lancer???