Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Evo does not = lancer!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2004 | 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Evo does not = lancer!!!

It seems to me that there are too many people trying to switch out parts from an evo to put in a lancer. There are very few cases that it actually works. I always read if an evo whatever will fit the lancer, i think it the same as asking will a ford whatever fit my lancer. I think they should be thought of as totally different cars because they are totally different cars and the word lancer in both of there names doesnt help the confusion.

What doy ou guys think?

Thanks Peace
Old May 1, 2004 | 06:24 PM
Account Disabled

Strip all the body parts from both Lancer and Evo including engine parts... you will get the SAME EXACT frame (except the evo has hundreds of extra spot welds for frame rigidity). The interior is 100% identical sans the recaros and the steering wheel. Only major difference is suspension and engine, that's pretty much it.
Old May 1, 2004 | 06:25 PM
EvoM Guru

i think that after a newb gets flamed to death(you gotta start somewhere) on these boards, they should do the smart thing. buy a few different shop manuals for the cars in question off ebay and do some research.
Old May 1, 2004 | 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

lancer are concidered small sedans, evos are sports cars. i guess some ppl think the relation is like that of a civic(s)... u have the DX .. to LX then the SI and for some ppl Type R . hehehe. i agree their both totally different but u'll just confuse people who dont know anything about cars
Old May 2, 2004 | 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Iamkar33m
Strip all the body parts from both Lancer and Evo including engine parts... you will get the SAME EXACT frame (except the evo has hundreds of extra spot welds for frame rigidity). The interior is 100% identical sans the recaros and the steering wheel. Only major difference is suspension and engine, that's pretty much it.
Bingo. All the interior pieces (even the seats and steering wheel) are interchangable.
Old May 2, 2004 | 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Are people dense? The regular lancer is close enough to the Evo. It's like saying the foxbody 'stang LX is totally different from the GT, the RS 'maro different to the Iroc-Z or Z28, or the base C5 vette to the Z06. Everything is similar enough, just upgrade on parts. Hell, I'll name a few more from the base cavy to the Z24, from the base lumina to the Z34, from the base modern 'stang to the Cobra, or a base S-10 to the extreme S-10. See a pattern, naysayers. It's called "OPTION PACKAGE" . . . wow, a neat concept that somehow escaped the PR department of every car manufacturers in the world for +100 yrs.

Only blind arrogance from Evo owners or ignorant owners see it differently.
Old May 2, 2004 | 10:50 AM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

The only difference is the Evo has many many more options from the regular Lancer
Old May 2, 2004 | 11:00 AM
Evolving Member

I thought the only options on the Evo are the spoiler and the sunroof
Old May 2, 2004 | 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by bahamut
Are people dense? The regular lancer is close enough to the Evo. It's like saying the foxbody 'stang LX is totally different from the GT, the RS 'maro different to the Iroc-Z or Z28, or the base C5 vette to the Z06. Everything is similar enough, just upgrade on parts. Hell, I'll name a few more from the base cavy to the Z24, from the base lumina to the Z34, from the base modern 'stang to the Cobra, or a base S-10 to the extreme S-10. See a pattern, naysayers. It's called "OPTION PACKAGE" . . . wow, a neat concept that somehow escaped the PR department of every car manufacturers in the world for +100 yrs.

Only blind arrogance from Evo owners or ignorant owners see it differently.
^^^ preach brother!!!

The only real big, main difference in the evo vs. lancer is the turbo. Im sorry if the evo was not turbo, it would be like an bodykitted oz. When peeps think evo, they think turbo, without the turbo, its just a lancer-sedan... its in the name, its in the chasis. Even hardcore japanese attics well tell you its a lancer, just modified. It wouldnt be a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution if it wasnt a lancer. Get it, lancer [b]EVOLUTION, meaning its evovled. Its not called a Mitsubishi Evolution, its called a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution.
Old May 2, 2004 | 11:30 AM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Ok guys, let's take a real look at the differences. And yeah, if you consider the Evo as a completely different model as the Lancer (and if you look at the Mitsu site, they do) the differences include:

Shocks
Control Arms
Shock mounts
ALL other suspension parts
Wheels
Brakes
ENTIRE Drivetrain
Engine
Turbo
Exhaust
Fenders
Hood
Front clip
Wing options
Steering wheel
Front seats
Rear seats
Guage cluster
Shift knob
Did I miss anything?

Ok, now let's look at the similarities:

Chassis
Doors
Roof
Trunk lid
ONE SINGLE wing option
Dashboard
Center console
Headliner

I think we can say that for the most part that Lancer does not = Evo
Besides, I think the main point of this thread was that MOST PARTS ARE NOT INTERCHANGEABLE, or at least not easily so. mmmmkay?
Old May 2, 2004 | 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

You would need, if not more, every part urbankight just listed plus some fabrication. Take a look at the WRC04 Lancer, it's a Lancer Evolved. It's basiclly an Evolution with a Lancer body, with an 04-styled grill, projection headlights, extreme but functional front and rear fender flares, and a unique 2 wing spoiler.
Old May 2, 2004 | 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

it may be a close relation but its not as close as the WRX to the STi
Old May 2, 2004 | 12:09 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

It's not even as close as the Impreza to the WRX. At least the Impreza got to keep AWD, limited slip, and some suspension characteristics
Old May 2, 2004 | 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

^^^^ ... true.
Old May 4, 2004 | 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

why doesnt some one go ahead and make the list up and let everyone know what is interchangable, and what will and will not fit between the too, etc or what not then sticky it..that way it is in everyones face, and they can just go to it and hmm this is what i can use off of an evo and put it on my car...plan and simple...they might be one i havent been paying attention lately, been whoring around in ot to much