Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

who doesn't think the lancer is slow?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2004, 07:51 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
US Lancer General would be fine. Please stay on topic.
Old Jun 24, 2004, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

the car for it's price is wonderful...it is quick enough for a nice daily drive...cruises at 80 mph and you dont even realize it....keeps me out of some trouble....yes it only has 120 hp and it is kinda slow but then it isn't an evo but then you pay for what you get...i have an auto and i also manually shift gears to...car is good overall...i do wish it had more power though...sucks when you have the pedle to the floor and it is not going any faster...but then what more could you ask for from the lancer...nothing really i love my car!!!

do believe thought that my 92 z24 cavi was noticable faster..but then it had more hp and a 3.1 engine in it plus CIA and junk (only power engine mods were done as was my moms car 1st)
Old Jun 24, 2004, 06:32 PM

I've seen you drive Fiesty, Its plenty fast.

The car is quick enough for me, and I enjoy having really low insurance now, with no points... thanks to the traffic attorney...
Old Jun 24, 2004, 10:59 PM
Evolving Member

I don't understand... what is slow? Because I've driven lots of cars of all kinds. But you can't compare a neon with a diablo, every car has it's own class to compete in. And the Lancer is fast in it's class. I've raced modded civics and still wooped them stock. I test drove all the cars in my target class, I checked the reviews, and I came to one conclusion. The Lancer is #1 in it's class, period. I wouldn't get any other car. I've never enjoyed driving any car more(haven't test drove my uncle's s2000 though :P). Frankly, I can't think of any other import I'd rather have. I don't even want any other version of my Lancer :P
Old Jun 25, 2004, 08:28 AM

Post deleted due to completely off topic content.

Last edited by HobieKopek; Jun 25, 2004 at 10:04 AM.
Old Jun 25, 2004, 09:28 AM

link doesn't seem to be working
Old Jun 25, 2004, 10:24 AM
eND

i have an automatic 2002 Lancer LS and i definetly do not think my car is slow. Its my first car and i love it. i bought it used from a dealership and it was already modded. i dont know all of the things the guy has done but is has K&N Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust and it is possibly lowered. Since ive gotten the car ive installed a front strut brace. The acceleration on that car is great. it handles amazingly with the strut brace, i feel very little sway around turns now. people just come up to me and tell me how nice the car looks. plus they dont care its an auto because it looks great. and yeah i think the Lancer is #1 in its class in cost, looks, and performance. its a great first car too.

Last edited by eND; Jun 25, 2004 at 10:29 AM.
Old Jun 25, 2004, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by eND
i have an automatic 2002 Lancer LS and i definetly do not think my car is slow. Its my first car and i love it. i bought it used from a dealership and it was already modded. i dont know all of the things the guy has done but is has K&N Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust and it is possibly lowered. Since ive gotten the car ive installed a front strut brace. The acceleration on that car is great. it handles amazingly with the strut brace, i feel very little sway around turns now. people just come up to me and tell me how nice the car looks. plus they dont care its an auto because it looks great. and yeah i think the Lancer is #1 in its class in cost, looks, and performance. its a great first car too.
5.2 second 0-60 on a lightly modded Lancer isn't close to believable. You can't really expect to measure this well with a stopwatch, though it sounds a couple seconds off anyway.
-N
Old Jun 25, 2004, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

well the lancer may not be fast, i think its ok. i do wish i could at least keep up with si's. im auto, so i guess thats why. but i wouldnt trade my car for a V6 nissan, or V8 ford only because whenever im finished making this car fast, i can say that i didnt buy the power already made, i did everything in it. and the look on a mustangs face after a turbo automatic lancer beats them is priceless.
Old Jun 25, 2004, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

I cant stress enough how much I want a damned turbo!!
I'm going to save up cash all winter then drive down to RRM next year!
Old Jun 30, 2004, 09:51 PM
Evolving Member

RIGHT ON.....I love driving my 2002 OZ. Like you guys said, it's not the fastest car around, but I got mine to 125mph going home a couple of times, so nothing wrong with that.
(after about 5 miles!!!)

It's definitely torquey, so that makes it fun. With a little bit of money we can make our cars just as fun and fast as a lot of those cars out there...
Old Jul 5, 2004, 06:15 PM
Evolving Member

Yanno, i've read most of these comments and i have to say this...yes, the lancer isn't the fastest car on the block but hell no it's far from slow. i have run alot of cars and will admit i do like to play around with the faster cars as well, my lancer isn't stock by any means but i've yet to have any kind of a civic,crx,integra..etc.. except for si's,gsrs...etc..i've not lost to any of them except for the "upper class" in motors. i've pushed my lancer to 128mph and i have video footage to prove it for those who want to call " BS ". People sit there and say, well why buy a four banger if you want speed, well, alot of people don't have the money to buy an evo or wrx..etc..these little four bangers have alot of potential, i bought my lancer because i loved the way it looked,handled and had great potential..isn't that what being a car junkie is all about? coming up with new ways to improve? i mean c'mon, what about the civics and junk that beat the **** out of Saleens or Vipers? think about how the guys who have those civics feel when they spank such a car? but once again, it's not slow but it has POTENTIAL to be fast-er.
Old Jul 5, 2004, 07:03 PM
Evolving Member

Ok im here to tell ya that a lancer CAN beat a civic SI from start, it can beat a regular civic and accord 4cyl, and it can beat ALOT of other 4 cyl cars, I know cuz my friends have a mazda 6 4cyl, accord 4 cyl, civic ex and SI. only reason the SI wins is cuz the vtec kicks in. our toque range is mad crazy so all of you who think its slow can sell urs and go buy whatever else and shove it.
Old Jul 9, 2004, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i beat a focus 5spd...dunno if it was a zx3 but my auto with just exhaust beat him...he was chirping the tires in gear i had him til 60 by about 3 feet only though lol

i also beat a 02 civic....i guess ex not sure but i had him by 1/2 a car til 60...

both form the same light on back ot back days coming home from college lol.