Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Evo Vii Accolade Body Kit Intsall

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2004 | 11:16 AM

Evo VII Accolade Body Kit Install HELP!

Hey i just bought an EVO VII kit from accolade but i am having trouble installing it. It just won't go on. For the rear bumper, do i have to modify anything like the reinforcement bars and styrofoam? Cuz my bumper just isn't going on. Also, do i have to detach the renforcement bars from my stock rear bumper? Do i leave on the renforcement bars or take them off? I find that taking the renforcement bars off of the stock rear bumper difficult, however, because those screws are impossible to get off. And how do i get the side skirts on when i don't even have stock side skirts? Please help me! Pics would be nice as well! Thanks!
Old Jul 25, 2004 | 06:23 PM

i got the evo 7 tech sport and i had to cut the indent the accolade made for the licence plate in order for the bumper to fit. and forget about the styrofoam. it wont fit with it.
Old Jul 25, 2004 | 06:38 PM
Evolving Member

dammit accolade
Old Jul 25, 2004 | 07:45 PM

Stabilizer bar

How do i remove the screws/bolts that hold down the stock bumper to the black stabilizer bars on the rear bumper? Those things just don't come off!
Old Jul 25, 2004 | 11:58 PM
Evolving Member

Guys just break down and had a quality shop do it, in the end it will turn out 10x better and you all know it!!! I worked out a deal with my shop to give advertising inexchange for a discount, also alot of places will work out reasonable payment plans. Last but not least there is no shame with just saving your money up for a few months. I drove with an ****ed up hood (result of a deer) for 7 months while waiting to have enough $$ for my kit to go on. Trust me in the end you'll be much more proud of what you have if you know that it was done by someone who has been doing this for years. Sorry
Old Jul 26, 2004 | 05:24 AM

you are right on that...save up the dough and let the pros do their stuff...you will like it alot more
Old Jul 26, 2004 | 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Moving to USLG.
Old Jul 26, 2004 | 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PG888
Guys just break down and had a quality shop do it, in the end it will turn out 10x better and you all know it!!! I worked out a deal with my shop to give advertising inexchange for a discount, also alot of places will work out reasonable payment plans. Last but not least there is no shame with just saving your money up for a few months. I drove with an ****ed up hood (result of a deer) for 7 months while waiting to have enough $$ for my kit to go on. Trust me in the end you'll be much more proud of what you have if you know that it was done by someone who has been doing this for years. Sorry
Yea its probably best and its worth the money. I don't think its really a good idea to do it yourself because it will probably end up taking twice as long to install it and then paint it etc... and accidents are bound to happen or a little touch here and there could have been done better.
Old Jul 26, 2004 | 11:13 AM
Evolving Member

What are you guys talking about. I just recieved my kit and got it installed in about 3 hours. For the sides I just used 3m outdoor adhesive tape and a screw at each end. Doing it yourself may take a little longer than it would take the shop but it saves you alot of money and IMHO I did a better job than some of the bodyshops I've seen around here.
Old Jul 26, 2004 | 11:17 AM

seriously, not accolade's problem if he has no idea.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88892

Merry Christmas.
Old Jul 26, 2004 | 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by h8yourv8
What are you guys talking about. I just recieved my kit and got it installed in about 3 hours. For the sides I just used 3m outdoor adhesive tape and a screw at each end. Doing it yourself may take a little longer than it would take the shop but it saves you alot of money and IMHO I did a better job than some of the bodyshops I've seen around here.

^^^ HOLLA BACK!!

just take ur time.... DONT rush putting it on! i heard some of those bolts take some elbow grease to get off... Save a lil money always try doing it yourself 1st (ONLY if theres room for error! )
Old Jul 26, 2004 | 10:00 PM

All i did was shave like half that foam on my rear bumper until my bumper fit on there pretty good...thats all u need to do...or a lot of people just take off the foam, i mean if u take it in...the PRO's will just take off the foam, i went in to this Import Store and ask them about it...they said thats the best way...and they would charge me 550 to JUST INSTALL MY KIT...i was like hell with that...Did it myself...believe me u learn more doing it urself...thats the best way to go in my opinion, but do what u plz!