Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Install Labor $$ for springs and turbo, overpriced?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2004, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i lived in a bad apt complex too, i jsut brough thte stuff liek the radiator inside at at night.
Old Aug 24, 2004, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

1500 for springs and install? ... it better be blinging with gold
Old Aug 24, 2004, 02:12 PM
.L.
Evolved Member

sounds overpriced. prices for springs/suspension usually run around $200. and as far as forced induction goes, a full kit (basic bolt on kit) normally runs around $1000. if you know someone, it'll be even cheaper than that. but then again thats around here.
Old Aug 24, 2004, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

me and my dad did mine tein dampening kit in a day. It only took us that long b/c once we got them all off we realized we couldnt take em apart... so we went shopping and bought and air gun. love new toys
Old Aug 24, 2004, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

I wonder how much RRM charges for the turbo install...and I wonder if that comes with labor warranty against defects.

i lived in a bad apt complex too, i jsut brough thte stuff liek the radiator inside at at night.
hey bro you need to get some sleep, you can't even type right. I don't know, I just don't like the idea of working in a parking lot...people would start wondering what I got under the hood...hint, a stroll around 5am disabling the alarm and taking the turbo kit + more... Normally, alarm siren blasting gets too common and people wouldn't even pay attention anymore, they'll be like ahhh not another false alarm. I definitely need another car for temp drive, I don't want to do a rush job when it comes to any car repair/install
Old Aug 24, 2004, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by initialDRacer
I wonder how much RRM charges for the turbo install...and I wonder if that comes with labor warranty against defects.

hey bro you need to get some sleep, you can't even type right. I don't know, I just don't like the idea of working in a parking lot...people would start wondering what I got under the hood...hint, a stroll around 5am disabling the alarm and taking the turbo kit + more... Normally, alarm siren blasting gets too common and people wouldn't even pay attention anymore, they'll be like ahhh not another false alarm. I definitely need another car for temp drive, I don't want to do a rush job when it comes to any car repair/install
yeah and car theft and breakins are so high in my city of only 150K ppl and rape is also super high making us rank with major bad cities in terms of crime. i took my chances.
Old Aug 24, 2004, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

1500 to install the springs huh? tell em to get their heads out of the smoking chamber. i live in garland, tx( right next to dallas) and theres a place that i go to that charges me $120 to install the struts and front camber. they even quoted me 500 to install turbo and the fmi. the shop is called "Asia Imports" these guys also fix regular cars too. if anyone is near dallas, the shop is on international and forest lane. these guys have done alot of work for tons of cars. check em out. great pricing too. hell, i trust em.