Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

reverse indiglo gauge install

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2005, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
reverse indiglo gauge install

I just got some reverse indiglo gauges for my birthday, i was thinking of trying to install them by myself but i have a few questions that i hope someone can help me with. first of all will this mess up the calibration of my needles? and how hard is the wiring? thanks in advance. also if you have any pics of the install it would be appreciated.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 12:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
As long as you mark where your needles were before, you should be okay. Except the fuel and temp needles are different. You can check out my How To in my signature about taking off the needles and putting them back on. As far as the wiring is concerned, I've heard that its not bad at all. And do a quick search for reverse indiglo gauge pictures.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 12:17 AM

thanks, i tried to mark the spot with my saturn gauges and it didn't work, is there a place that can recalibrate them? if so how much? also one more thing if someone paid someone to do there's how much did you pay? thanks.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 12:29 AM
Evolved Member

sthiewes mentioned this site www.specmo.com.

he sent both his ES and OZ gauges to be calibrated when he swapped them. I think he said he paid 78 to get them calibrated. Might wanna ask him about the details.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 09:23 PM

do you know if you can just put the reverse indiglo gauges over the stock? i had to do this with my saturn, that's why i ask. also if anyone else has done this please give me a few pointers. the reason that i'm doing this is b/c no one will do this where i live. thanks.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 12:54 PM

anyone?
Old Apr 19, 2005, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

yes, just lay them over the stock ones. i have em. just be careful. pop out the little black stick things for the tach and speedo and cut around the speedo so the speedo doesnt stick to the gauge overlay.
search a little, its been covered before on how to do it. you'll be happy w/ the end result.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

I had another member install mine. I'm having a problem with my speed and gas gauges though. The speed needle seems to lag in response. The gas needle is a bigger concern. The needle doesn't drop to E when I turn off my car, but does when I switch on my battery then moves back up. If I tap the plastic cover the needle moves up a little more. Problem is I can't be certain if my actual amount of gas is where the needle stops or where it stops after a couple taps. No clue how to fix it.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 07:46 PM
Evolving Member

thats the problem im now having w/ my speedo, it seems like its still sticking on something, although it must be internal cause i cut away the surrounding edges to make sure the gauge overlay clears the base of the needle. it sucks cause im doing like 60 thinking im only going 40 cause the needle sticks. if i tap or bang on my dash above it or the clear plastic over it it fixes itself, but only for that instant and then sometimes my speedo will be at 60 when im stopped, idk, i hope this didnt ruin my gauge cluster.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

Well I had a cop behind me with his radar on, and he didn't pull me over (considering how **** the cops are around here), so I'm sure it's working.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

OT:i get pulled over like twice a week around here, cops are straight up rediculous, 2 weeks ago i had a state policeman pull me over to ask me who did my tint, no joke. i told him i did it and he said he has a 3000 gt and wanted it tinted, i told him 100 and he said i'll come over next week, and not give you a ticket, he came over yesterday and i tinted his gt with all 5%, UNBELIEVABLE, atleast i know i wont get in trouble from him. other than that though all the cops are **** here too, i really do get pulled over all the time, mostly for bull****. last friday i got pulled over on the laurel malls' road doing 24 in a 15, and i luckily got off that one, i mean i was doing like insane speeds that wouldve killed someone just guess i was lucky, lol. btw, im gonna take my cluster back apart AGAIN this weekend and see whats up, hopefully i can fix it. the cops around here like to bust your nutz even though about 90% of them have very fast cars.grrrrr:OT:

any suggestions on why my speedo is sticking, btw sorry for sorta hijacking this thread, but if my questions answered it only supports it.
Old Apr 20, 2005, 01:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If any of you have questions about the gauges, feel free to email me and I'll try to help. I've taken my apart many many times. zlancerman@gmail.com
Old Jan 4, 2006, 06:31 PM

can someone please tell me were i can buy indiglo gauges for my 2004 lancer es?
thanks in advance
Old Jan 4, 2006, 10:30 PM
Evolving Member

E wonderful Bay
Old Jan 5, 2006, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mmourgelas
can someone please tell me were i can buy indiglo gauges for my 2004 lancer es?
thanks in advance
http://www.streetracerparts.com/Mits...srp-0143-2.htm

But Ebay might have them cheaper if they are selling them.

Quick Reply: reverse indiglo gauge install