Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

How to add underbody lights and interior lights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2005, 10:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well it could be the fact that you have blue lights. Red is a darker color. But that really does look nice, good job. But what about if someone moves the seat forward or back? Did you just leave slack in the wire?
Old Apr 23, 2005, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, blue is brighter on the color spectrum.. but are you're neons street glow brand? I've seen many different brand neons, and the LED ones, and street glow are by far the brightest.
and.. Yea I left just about 4 inches of slack. But I ran the wires under the center console. Now people don't move my seats forward and back that I put the racing seats in. I don't allow it. lol *wink*
Old Apr 23, 2005, 10:27 PM
Evolving Member

Nah they are autozone brand, but I bought the autozone ones in Blue for my trunk on my subs a while ago (when I had a system). And they looked really bright like yours. But like I said, these red lights look amazing in person, the camera just doesn't do them much justice. After I get the turbo kit all squared away money-wise, I'll probably buy some for under the seats as well. You've inspired me .
Old Apr 23, 2005, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

cool beans..
yea, for some reason digital cameras and any camera for that matter has a hard time picking up red in the dark. Maybe if you take more pix, set the exposure a little higher with no flash. Just hold the camera steady.
k, off to bed for me.. its like 1:30am and I need to get up in a few hours lol. laterz.
Old Apr 23, 2005, 10:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wiretap
But I ran the wires under the center console.
Why didn't you just cut a small hole in your carpet, and wire it up to the ones under the dash. For appearence purpouses.

EDIT: goodnight.
Old Apr 23, 2005, 10:48 PM
Evolving Member

Okay I guess I figured out my camera settings, this is a little bit better :-D.

Now that does my red neons some justice .
Old Apr 24, 2005, 02:35 PM

I have 2 10" purple, 15" purple,and a 15" blue neon with 2 strobe light kits did the wiring the same way you drew it. All of them are really bright you can see them from outside the car
Old Apr 24, 2005, 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah it works swell... I just want to solder my wires, so they get a better connection.
Old Apr 24, 2005, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Those pix look alot better. Those are plenty bright for me. Good job on those--lookin good.
--I took out the center console and ran my wires underneath there. You can't see them at all. I didn't really want to peel back all my carpeting when I ran them. The street glows I have came with little 3x1x1inch boxes with fuses and power converters in them so I didn't want buldges under my carpet.. I didn't really have another choice on that. =/
Old Apr 24, 2005, 08:36 PM
Evolving Member

I ran my black light neons the same way, through the center console. Next i want to rig them and my purple neons to the interior lights so they come on with the doors.
Old Apr 24, 2005, 09:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wiretap
Those pix look alot better. Those are plenty bright for me. Good job on those--lookin good.
--I took out the center console and ran my wires underneath there. You can't see them at all. I didn't really want to peel back all my carpeting when I ran them. The street glows I have came with little 3x1x1inch boxes with fuses and power converters in them so I didn't want buldges under my carpet.. I didn't really have another choice on that. =/
True that would be weird... my lights have some sort of a transformer box between the lights and switch(where the ciggarette input was). Not sure exactly what it does, but they were only a few inches away from my actual lights, so I would have ended up mounting it right next to the light.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 04:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by iyi0521
I ran my black light neons the same way, through the center console. Next i want to rig them and my purple neons to the interior lights so they come on with the doors.
Woh, I never thought of that.. good idea. If you find the correct wire to tap into for power when the doors open, let me know!
Old Apr 25, 2005, 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by iyi0521
That is a pretty sweet idea, however, I like having the neons on
while I drive, it gives the interior a better feel and environment.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 03:31 PM

how much would it cost to do a project like this? also are these just light-up lights, or do they pulse to the bass?
Old Apr 25, 2005, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Neons range in price. You can get them at Autozone for 20 bux.. or go a little more high end and pay like 50 bux. You can get all sorts of neons that pulse to the bass and even look like lava. I have neons in my custom fiberglass trunk setup that pulse to the bass and light up my subs.

Quick Reply: How to add underbody lights and interior lights