Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

How to add underbody lights and interior lights

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2006, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
oh and if you were wondering about the underbody lights, I highly recommend led tubes, neons just dont compare imo

here's where i screwed into under the car...the beam you see but put the tube behind it and you wont beable to the tube or light from it when looking at the car...only the light on the ground...

Old Oct 28, 2006, 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
For some reason I think neon/led lights are the hottest looking thing you could put on a car...say what you will, I love em.

My last car had an underbody Streetglow kit and minis under the dash and in the backseat, but I would love to get a few into my Evo, which I would imagine shouldn't be too different from a regular Lancer.

Two questions:

1) Any pics of the switches you guys use? I'm hesitant to put in another huge toggle as I'd like to keep the interior as clean as possible.

2) For underbodies, how exactly can we mount them in the front and rear. On my IX MR the sides are easy enough, but the back has nothing to grab onto. Worse still in the front, which doesn't lend itself to a bulb at all. If anything, I'd need to find a place inside the grill.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ThunderOZRacer
oh and if you were wondering about the underbody lights, I highly recommend led tubes, neons just dont compare imo
Yeah Neon sux for underbody kits. I went through 2 kits before i got a LED kit. Luckly for me the sponsor paid for it all.