Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

question on stopping engine bay air from entering cabin

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2005, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
question on stopping engine bay air from entering cabin

Hey guys...i drive a 02 lancer oz and ran a 4 guage amp power wire, wire from my l.e.d. underbody, and foglights through the whole in the firewall tht comes out behind the glove box...lately its been gettin cold here in va and noticed tht the air from the engine bay was entering the cabin through tht whole along with possible fumes and gases from the engine bay....Ive heard something about a cabin air filter but dont have one so...Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
Old Nov 9, 2005, 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ThunderOZRacer
Hey guys...i drive a 02 lancer oz and ran a 4 guage amp power wire, wire from my l.e.d. underbody, and foglights through the whole in the firewall tht comes out behind the glove box...lately its been gettin cold here in va and noticed tht the air from the engine bay was entering the cabin through tht whole along with possible fumes and gases from the engine bay....Ive heard something about a cabin air filter but dont have one so...Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
You have a cabin air filter, open the glove box and look behind it.

Just wrap the hole up with some tape or something. It's not that severe. And you won't pull in any dangerous fumes from the bay unless you have an exhaust leak or something.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Xshieldsx
You have a cabin air filter, open the glove box and look behind it.
i do? did i like mess somethin up whn i ran the wires because i didnt see anything like a filter(maybe i jst wasnt lookin hard enough) thnx anyway
Old Nov 9, 2005, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

If you get in the car and have someone start it, or leave the glovebox open and start it and look over real quick you can see it move around. Ever wonder what that whirring mechanical hum was when you first started it up? If you have the air on recirc you won't see it seeing as how it is open and doesn't filter the air.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

k thnx alot
Old Nov 9, 2005, 09:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ThunderOZRacer

4ga??? r u SERIOUS? how many watts is that thing? 2000-3000? all u need is like 10 ga or 12ga... 4 is TOO TOO BIG
Old Nov 10, 2005, 05:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mitsulancerrace
4ga??? r u SERIOUS? how many watts is that thing? 2000-3000? all u need is like 10 ga or 12ga... 4 is TOO TOO BIG
lol..im redoin my system...those 2 10" jensens jst werent doin it so upgrading to 2 2 12" memphis m3's and a 1500 x 1 memphis class d amp...im tryin to place in the bass comps around here lol