Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

need help with heater

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2006 | 10:37 AM

need help with heater

has anyone had problems with their heater knob. as in getting stuck and not going to heat?? mine did this its an 03' lancer ls. just wondering if anyone has did it them selves? if so i need some guide.
Old Dec 13, 2006 | 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

All dealers have a recall of the heater knob/problem. Most people break their knobs off because it won't transfer from cold to heat very easily... Go the a Mitsu dealer for a free fix. They will have to determine there is a problem first...
Old Dec 13, 2006 | 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Thats what is happening with mine. The "cold-Hot" knob is very hard to turn. So hard, I cant even turn it sometimes.

Still able to replace it thru Mitsubishi?

Last edited by Evo_Jr; Dec 13, 2006 at 05:30 PM.
Old Dec 13, 2006 | 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Yep, ongoing recall... They'll just need to look at it, and maybe have to order something. Not sure though; though mine is tough to operate sometimes, I've never broke the knob-so no need to take it in.
Old Dec 13, 2006 | 08:23 PM

oh aight thanx guys. well if i already broke it off then will they still recal it?
Old Dec 15, 2006 | 02:13 PM

well heres a new prob. i got the parts to fix it. but now the dealer in my area says there is no recal for that problem. so what should i do?? go to another dealer thats about 3 hours away??
Old Dec 15, 2006 | 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Do they have a time limit on recalls?
Old Dec 15, 2006 | 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

when i took out my dashboard to repaint it, i think i broke/messed up some wires and what not in the a/c place. it only stayed on cold so i'm like ahh w/e i can roll with the windows down more often, then i rememberd that here in MD we have the winter season so i unclipped the a/c piece and fooled around with it and it works, it doesnt turn as easy as it did before but it gets the job done

dont ask why i was painting my dashboard
Old Dec 18, 2006 | 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Alright, here is my update.

There is NO time limit on recalls. They told me they go for as long you own your .

And he couldn't look at my car because he was "busy". told me to come back in 3 hours.
Old Dec 21, 2006 | 12:14 PM

No Recall

I just called my dealership because my AC/Heat knob broke off.....service department indicated there are only two recalls for the 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer 0Z/LS/ES.....one is the fan controller, which is a component issue for the radiator fan and the other is a computer upgrade.
Old Dec 21, 2006 | 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

mines doin the same thing. but i have an orbital kit. ever sence i droped it down to the only cubby spot its been hard to turn. its acting like chord is being pulled really tight or is having to go around somthing thats putting stress on it. i havent really looked up under the dash to see, but im going to check it out tomarow and see whats up.
Old Dec 22, 2006 | 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

I was told by Mitsubishi that they do every recall. (of course)

But are wanting me to leave my car with them. I don't even trust my friends with my car. No one has driven my car. Not even my Mom or Dad. And they expect me to leave my car with strangers.

I think I'm going to deal with the knob like that, or just warned them not to **** with my car. Write down the mileage, etc. But I know people abuse cars if it's not theirs.

My friend HAD a twin turboed Z, and the dealer turned up the boost. On his way home, one of the turboes blew and cough on fire under engine bay.

You guys have any other tips instead of writing the mileage down and just telling them not to mess with it. Because I know the car will not need a "Test Drive" to install this recall.
Old Mar 9, 2007 | 11:52 AM

Where would you go about getting a new a/c heater control knob? mine broke clean off and i need to fix it ASAP so i can sell this ***** and get some thing with a little horsepower.
Old Mar 9, 2007 | 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Rgarner17
Where would you go about getting a new a/c heater control knob? mine broke clean off and i need to fix it ASAP so i can sell this ***** and get some thing with a little horsepower.
Dealership
Old Mar 9, 2007 | 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo_Jr
You guys have any other tips instead of writing the mileage down and just telling them not to mess with it. Because I know the car will not need a "Test Drive" to install this recall.
Stick around the bay. If you see your car rolling out, jump in it.
You're the only owner of that vehicle. You and only you can dictate who sits in it and when.