Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Navigation System

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2007, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navigation System

Hey guys, so I was just curious to find out, from the people that have the navi in their car, how do you like it so far? Is it worth getting it? It seems like such a great feature and am just interested in finding out from you guys that have it if you like it. And alos, it doesnt say anywhere so im doubting it is, but is the navi voice activated at all? im thinking not but I havent seen anything about it so I figured id ask. Thanks guys.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 09:55 AM

I believe that the only voice activation on the car is through the blue tooth mobile phone functions.

The navigation is definitely worth the money, the route planning and directions are really accurate and have saved me a lot. The DVD only playing when ure sitting there sucks but all in all it is great for being factory and all.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

Dont forget it also has a music server in it to copy all the CDs you put in it. That is a HUGE plus imo <3
Old Jun 7, 2007, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

I never really wanted a Nav system. I'm good with direction and directions, and can find my way just about anywhere.

However now that I have it, I'm quite glad it's there. It's a nice feature, and also you get many more nice features than just the nav (music server, altimiter/barometer/fuel consumption graphs, etc etc etc).
Old Jun 7, 2007, 01:21 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn. Now I really wish I'd gotten that.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 01:28 PM
Evolving Member

Hells yeah. I'm still finding cute little things that the system does.

Such as a digital record keeper for oil/filter changes, tires, etc. It even has custom records you can put in. So say you put an aftermarket exhaust on the car at 6700 miles, you can put that into the system and have a record of the mod.

Pretty freakin' cool. Bordering on awesome
Old Jun 7, 2007, 02:31 PM

The Navi is worth it. Their are a lot of features on it that I am still learning. it has a lap timer that tells you average speed and MPG. You can play DVDs. You will regret it if you do not get it. it does not have any voice activation but with the touch screen it is very easy to navigate. Just be careful it is dangerous driving with it because you want to mess with it all the time.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

Yep, so happy I got it. Will help resale value too down the road. It's very accurate, route options are great, and once you learn the interface it's pretty easy to use. About the only shortfall is no USB connection so you can just dump MP3s on the HDD, forcing you to rip.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 05:19 AM
Evolving Member

Anybody with the Navigation unit know if you can save a song you hear on Sirius, like you can on some of the newer aftermarket satalite radios??
Old Jun 25, 2007, 07:18 AM
Evolving Member

Nope.

I've recently found out that you also can't rip from MP3 CDs. They have to be in regular audio (CDA) format.

Last edited by Hawkeye; Jun 25, 2007 at 07:29 AM.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 09:38 AM
Evolving Member

Can it rip audio from DVD? You could create a single DVD with lots of tunes on it for ripping that way I would think (never done it myself).
Old Jun 25, 2007, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

carputer with gps
is the way to go.
and you can get voice activated features using a built in mic from the carpc
Old Jun 25, 2007, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gnnr
Can it rip audio from DVD? You could create a single DVD with lots of tunes on it for ripping that way I would think (never done it myself).
I highly doubt it, but there's no telling. I don't have any DVDs to try it with, either. Go ahead and give it a shot, let us know!
Old Jun 25, 2007, 12:29 PM

I got the NAV and I'm loving it!
the MP3 server is sweet also, and since I already had Sirius, I just added the 6 months free to my current account.
Old Jun 28, 2007, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

... so far.. the Nav isn't available in canada... so I won't know the joy you are all experiencing *goes off to cry* LOL

kinda pissed me off.. I very much wanted a nav system for the GTS.. however there may still be hope.. I have to wait till sept to order, maybe it'll be avail then or soon...

Quick Reply: Navigation System