Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

What level of tint should I go with?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2007, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i feel bad that most of you guys are scared of legal repercussions due to your tint, thankfully here in indy, you can pretty much go as dark as you want. i have 5% all around, except for ther front window(i did 20% on the front of my old j-body, but with shaved reverse lights and smoked headlights this was a stupid idea)
Old Jul 10, 2007, 02:44 PM

is it possible to get the tints that are found on some mercedes-benz's, that bluish color onto a lancer?
Old Jul 11, 2007, 04:32 PM

Yea, you can get anything on glass. Just make sure there's some kind of warranty, or something if things get damaged or dont look good.

I can only see that tint on benz though... why would you want that? There is no protection or privacy in your car
Old Jul 12, 2007, 11:31 AM

word. protection yes...according to the benz website, it filters out UV rays and protects ur interior, privacy .. no lol but its not like i need it anyways thanks
Old Jul 12, 2007, 02:22 PM

cmonnnn now nothing filters out better than 3m tint... but i would be interested in seeing how your car looks after the job is done. Oh, consider getting the felt, dont wanna scratch up.. ' mercedes tint ' lol :P
Old Aug 2, 2007, 04:24 PM

I got my wicked white GTS with limo tint all around and i debadged my car... I'll post some picks up later.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

Tint comes in almost every color regardless if its the "benz" kind. You can get orange, yellow, purple, blue, red, silver, black, green etc etc.

Is it legal? probably not, depends on the area you live in. In florida its illegal to have any form of color tint.

Also i wanted to ask, has anyone noticed that the black lancers come with glossy/painted pillars in the middle of the windows while every other color has the flat plastic black? :/ unless spartan just painted his or something... im jealous!
Old Aug 6, 2007, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by DoHBoY

Also i wanted to ask, has anyone noticed that the black lancers come with glossy/painted pillars in the middle of the windows while every other color has the flat plastic black? :/ unless spartan just painted his or something... im jealous!
Never noticed that before. Is that stuff able to peel off maybe? Wouldn't want to ruin anything by trying.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah i was wondering that too because i went and looked at it and its basically just a black strip over it.... wonder whats underneath hrmmm... Anyone?
Old Aug 6, 2007, 04:59 PM
Evolving Member

Does anyone know where I can look up the legal tint limits, short of going to the police station and asking?
Old Aug 6, 2007, 05:19 PM
Evolving Member

20% front and 5% back is the darkest u can get in phx,az legally.

my window trim is gloss black too.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GeeTeeEss
Never noticed that before. Is that stuff able to peel off maybe? Wouldn't want to ruin anything by trying.
Its just a stip, it will come off.

Originally Posted by DoHBoY
Yeah i was wondering that too because i went and looked at it and its basically just a black strip over it.... wonder whats underneath hrmmm... Anyone?
Take it off and you shall see the color of your car. lol. If you have a red car for example.....remove them to have red pillars.

Originally Posted by Xeroxed
Does anyone know where I can look up the legal tint limits, short of going to the police station and asking?
Go to a tint shop, they will know.

When I got mine tinted I just told them to go as dark as possible without being illegal and make the back and rear windows 1 shade darker.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 07:51 PM

MY babies!

Well I just went to a local tint shop I got limo tint to all 4 windows I like it, it is a little hard to see at night but I usually have my windows down anyways so yeah, here it is and a pic of the youngets lancer driver you will find my cool lil baby boy [IMG] http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/9919/p8070009tt7.jpg[IMG]
Old Aug 7, 2007, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
heh cute. thats reallll dark.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dsrttigr
20% front and 5% back is the darkest u can get in phx,az legally.

my window trim is gloss black too.
That all black is sick. Not too sure about the chrome lip around the rims, but everything else is sweet.

Quick Reply: What level of tint should I go with?