Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Daytime running lamp removal?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2007, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not to sounds like a dumbass but imo the daylights do more harm than good, cause when it gets dark the daylights are just as bright as your headlight and on that note people tend to forget to turn on there acctual night time lights mode, so there rears completly invisible witch make is a really safty issue.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 10:01 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Da Pinoy
not to sounds like a dumbass but imo the daylights do more harm than good, cause when it gets dark the daylights are just as bright as your headlight and on that note people tend to forget to turn on there acctual night time lights mode, so there rears completly invisible witch make is a really safty issue.
I do agree with you there. I've had that happen a couple times already.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
same here!
Old Aug 19, 2007, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Da Pinoy
that's not quite accurate... please try them step by step; you will notice a slightly difference... I find hard to think that people forgets to turn them on, if they don't have any lights on the HVAC, stereo, etc-
Old Aug 19, 2007, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

I don't know how the 08s are but on mine you can keep the headlights on and they shut off after you turn the car off. If thats the case with the 08s then I dont see a reason to ever turn your lights off. Cars with their lights on are always a lot easier to see than cars without them on.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by JohnnyBoy427
I don't know how the 08s are but on mine you can keep the headlights on and they shut off after you turn the car off. If thats the case with the 08s then I dont see a reason to ever turn your lights off. Cars with their lights on are always a lot easier to see than cars without them on.
That's what I am practicing too. One problem though - radio lights are dimmer during daytime. And annoying buzzer.

Also, I owned toyota corolla 1999 and that car back then already had light sensor built in. I did not have to switch lights at all. It was doing that for me and now I have trouble getting used to Mitsubishi cars. IMHO, it's like the cheapest safety measure that Mitsu should have adopted long ago.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lightgear
That's what I am practicing too. One problem though - radio lights are dimmer during daytime. And annoying buzzer.

Also, I owned toyota corolla 1999 and that car back then already had light sensor built in. I did not have to switch lights at all. It was doing that for me and now I have trouble getting used to Mitsubishi cars. IMHO, it's like the cheapest safety measure that Mitsu should have adopted long ago.
I see. Well on my 03 the climate controls are basically plain white on black so its easy to see no matter what. My radio was the same way but now that I have an aftermarket one there is no problem at all.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 06:45 PM

someone told me that if theres no other way to get into the ebrake and turn around the botton and that way they wont turn on and i have hyper whites in my car and i didnt think that the terminal could melt now i have to go and cheke mine to see if that happend
Old Aug 29, 2007, 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

Ebrake spoof won't work. Try it. You can get to about 1.5mph before the DRLs kick in - They're tied to the ECU.

Don't buy the hyperwhites then. They draw too much voltage and the small wires can't handle it. If you want them so bad, upgrade the wire size, and they may work. OR you could get Silverstar Ultras. Just as good if not better and won't burn up. I've had them since day one in this car and no problems whatsoever.

Finally, as for the ALC (automatic light control). I've almost got this one figured out. It's pretty complicated though, and requires a good amount of disassembly. I'll post more when I get closer.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 07:59 AM

Did anyone find out how to remove the daytime running lights? I got HID's installed and I have to leave my lights on during the day because If I don't, my lights flash like strobe lights which is illegal and I don't want to kill my HIDs bulbs! Anyone knoww?!!
Old Sep 10, 2007, 01:09 PM

It's not super convenient, but when I feel like making the car look different, I pull the 2 10 watt fuses to disconnect the low beams.

Then I put on the Driving Lights/Fogs and go.

PItA when darkness sets in and I gotta put the fuses back in...
Old Sep 11, 2007, 06:59 AM

Just got my HIDs installed and somehow they disabled the DRLs. I am stealth during the day now . They set it up in a way where the HIDs come on with one turn on the light controls (parking light). Fog light still works the same. I would take pics to show but everything is tucked away. The guy did say the procedure is posted on a mitsubishi forum but I cannot find it..
Old Sep 11, 2007, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

Whats the law on DRL's over there in Ontario? Cause out here its illegal to disable DRL's on a car that has them from the factory. So for now installing HID's comes at the price of switching your headlights on all the time, day or not thus shortening the life of your bulbs. Oh well.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 12:42 PM

i say if the OPP can disable their DRL, so can we...
Old Sep 24, 2007, 12:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how many people do you know have gotten a ticket for not having their day time lights on lol

I count 0 lol unless you find a cop that has nothing better to do and would notice such a thing :P
hehhe